Ordering original key from HQ?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
tweiboon;775311 said:
Have u send ur key to UK for repair ?

Not yet but I do have 1 key that needs to be repaired. They will test it, and replace any battery/switch that need to be changed.

haywire;775314 said:
Not yet but I do have 1 key that needs to be repaired. They will test it, and replace any battery/switch that need to be changed.

If only battery/switch then is small problem. If it is circuit board then is big trouble.

Cobra change

Finally went to change the housing at Cobra shop in Taman Tun Dr Ismail.

Was pleasantly surprised it costs only RM20. whereas some keymakers outside want to charge RM45 for it.

But the lousy thing abt Cobra remote control (at least the one I have) is that the rubber strip tends to break after a while.

GasWombat II;774368 said:
Have a E36, 1994, 325 whose Cobra remote has seen better days. What's the price these days just to replace the disintegrating part as shown in pic?

View attachment 26569

insomniac;775294 said:
Yup, thats got a waiting time attached. This guy is in the cobbler shop and seems to be quite focused on replacement keys for continental makes.
I've asked him before about getting a duplicate done but have not gotten around to doing it just yet.
i think i've been to the same shop when i first got my car. ended up meeting him at his home nearby because he does not stay at the shop. he tried sync and what not but failed. asked me if i want to cut the diamond key and see if it's battery problem. but i must pay him 200 just to cut the key regardless my remote is going to be ok or not. i chose not to.

tweiboon, i'm pm'ing u now on something.

huskar3399;775378 said:
i think i've been to the same shop when i first got my car. ended up meeting him at his home nearby because he does not stay at the shop. he tried sync and what not but failed. asked me if i want to cut the diamond key and see if it's battery problem. but i must pay him 200 just to cut the key regardless my remote is going to be ok or not. i chose not to.

tweiboon, i'm pm'ing u now on something.

ur message full. If can u give me ur hp number so that i can direct contact u.

haywire;775306 said:
thats correct, and you need to do the same for the second key within 30 seconds of the first one, without needing to insert the second key. Only press and hold the unlock and press lock key 3 times for the second key, otherwise the first key will get out of sync.

If its proven to be faulty, you can get it repaired in the UK for £27.50 not including postage.

OK guys. Will try again tomorrow and see what happen.

Cheers!

WJW;776037 said:
OK guys. Will try again tomorrow and see what happen.

Cheers!

If u only have 1 remote and suddenly not able to use this will be dangerous mode. Due to by using 1 remote not able to confirm is remote problem or amplifier antenna problem better find other ppl which has enuf tools to check for u.

huskar3399 met me last night and i have checked his car. Is confirmed his Amplifier Antenna is out. Is very lucky he dosent order the key from HQ yet or else the remote will not able to use. In this case huskar3399's remote might still be ok. But he already opened the BMW original diamond shape remote. Sorry bro, u suppose to find me check ur car before u open the remote. If confirm the remote dosent has problem then u have to clue the remote back.........will looks ugly...........hehehehehe

hey guys.. i think my battery went dead.. no respond whatsoever... but i can open the door manually..
saw a few DIY videos on Youtube... anyone tried this before?

Pls advice whats the best way to go about.. saw some ad on Mudah charging 2++ to replace.. looking for cheaper alternative..

ariff habshi;776999 said:
hey guys.. i think my battery went dead.. no respond whatsoever... but i can open the door manually..
saw a few DIY videos on Youtube... anyone tried this before?

Pls advice whats the best way to go about.. saw some ad on Mudah charging 2++ to replace.. looking for cheaper alternative..

As i mentioned above, pls make sure ur amplifier antenna no problem then only do other things. If not even u have new remote also useless later.

tweiboon;776889 said:
If u only have 1 remote and suddenly not able to use this will be dangerous mode. Due to by using 1 remote not able to confirm is remote problem or amplifier antenna problem better find other ppl which has enuf tools to check for u.

huskar3399 met me last night and i have checked his car. Is confirmed his Amplifier Antenna is out. Is very lucky he dosent order the key from HQ yet or else the remote will not able to use. In this case huskar3399's remote might still be ok. But he already opened the BMW original diamond shape remote. Sorry bro, u suppose to find me check ur car before u open the remote. If confirm the remote dosent has problem then u have to clue the remote back.........will looks ugly...........hehehehehe
haha. road to puchong was terrible that night. very bad traffic. are u sure ka it's the amplifier antenna? do u have photo of the item? i tried google but nothing useful appeared. next time we meet please don't be at puchong again. lol.

huskar3399;777140 said:
haha. road to puchong was terrible that night. very bad traffic. are u sure ka it's the amplifier antenna? do u have photo of the item? i tried google but nothing useful appeared. next time we meet please don't be at puchong again. lol.

U have to open the C pillar cover to see how it is looks like. e39 got few different batch of amplifier antenna. After opened the cover then pls take a picture of it or straight away to half cut shop to find the amplifier antenna. Just unplug on at test it no need to pay money. If really amplifier antenna having problem then u just pay the money. If nothing related to amplifier antenna then u can give it back to half cut shop on the spot.

Meet me from Monday to Friday in Puchong sure the traffic is like that. I back to home very late everyday. No choice bro. if u come to Puchong on Saturday and Sunday traffic is very clear.

Another way to confirm ur remote is ok or not is very easy. Use the voltmeter to test the battery, when u click the button it will consume battery. Or take the remote to test on other BMW which using 433mhz remote.

Top Bottom