Student AP

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

toast

Club Guest
hello guys,dear fellow sifus,otais and forumer..i have been following this site for quite some times, registered and introduce my self earlier...but unfortunately, since i'm still abroad, i'm still yet to be able to join for TTs or any activies back home...thanks for sharing the tips and info...appreciate if i can get some advice on my current situation(for info:i'm base in Hong Kong):1)own a bmw z3 auto 1997/1.9 which i bought for approximately HK$38k=RM$17k2)going back to malaysia next year and planning to bring back the car3)called MITI and spoke to a guy there and was told tax would be around rm30k(they did mention about tax calculation method and appeal)have anybody/anybody's friend in the forum has any experience bringing back their car back from abroad? if it's really is 30k, i estimate, plus shipping my z3 would be somewhere rm55-60k...is it worth it to bring it back?i love the car but i'm in dilemma...

the minimum price for a used z3 here as far as i can see bro is about 75k...if price is your only concern then i guess its worth it

properly appealed, you can expect a 30% discount from the duty sum mentioned.

so what you're saying bro mizhan is that i can buy any car i want when im studying abroad then bring it home for just a fraction of the tax we pay here?thats music to my ears...

thanks guys! wow!!! i can save quite an amount with 30% discount compared to the RM75k price tag in m'sia... i found some kind of 'professional scheme' offered by the government (under human resource ministry) in their site...it's actually more rewarding (in term of car AP and tax) but unfortunately the terms are not applicable for me..

will check that out again...if that's the case,high possibility that i'll bring it back...thanks bro!!!

toast;467561 said:
thanks guys! wow!!! i can save quite an amount with 30% discount compared to the RM75k price tag in m'sia... i found some kind of 'professional scheme' offered by the government (under human resource ministry) in their site...it's actually more rewarding (in term of car AP and tax) but unfortunately the terms are not applicable for me..

will check that out again...if that's the case,high possibility that i'll bring it back...thanks bro!!!

since you can get the student AP with a big discount on tax it would be prudent to bring back a newer car, maybe a Z4...it will only be a fraction of what we unfortunate souls pay here...in other words make the best of the opportunity..

regards

PS dunno about the minimum duration of ownership before shipping though...

toast;467561 said:

bro, have you taken into account the shipping cost?

Thanks for the advice sir! Totally agree with you... Z4 3.0 04/05 here probably cost about RM110k...but my summer job collection was just enough for z3 1997+shipping+tax (pay in cash lagi...aduh...)lol!

Regards

bro hellraiser, i estimate around rm8k-rm10k saje...let say, shipping 10 + tax 20 + car 17 + emergency 3 = around 50k.. can save 25k...car has to be registered under my name for at least 2 years as far as i'm concern...

toast, be warned that it is a tedious process to receive that discount i mentioned.

BMW9700;467562 said:
since you can get the student AP with a big discount on tax it would be prudent to bring back a newer car, maybe a Z4...it will only be a fraction of what we unfortunate souls pay here...in other words make the best of the opportunity..

regards

PS dunno about the minimum duration of ownership before shipping though...

i heard its two years to ship COMPLETELY WITHOUT TAXES bro...again, music to my ears

toast;467561 said:

no problem bro toasty, for my help you now owe me a ride in your z3 when it arrives here :wink:

i think should get proper confirmation from the msian gov first on the discount...do the proper checks so that you would not get any unpleasent 'surprises"... good luck!

thanks guys..and bro vish, no problem! come to hk and will belanja you fried rice hk style...lol!

careful and expected to pay higher tax for newer car - less than 5 years, in your z3 case imo saving is around 25-30k to local value but waiting period is around 2-+ months to be cleared from customs...its worth the money if you want to keep the car, but not really worth it if youre looking to sell.

supafly;467654 said:
careful and expected to pay higher tax for newer car - less than 5 years, in your z3 case imo saving is around 25-30k to local value but waiting period is around 2-+ months to be cleared from customs...its worth the money if you want to keep the car, but not really worth it if youre looking to sell.

as far as i know with student AP cannot sell for between 3 to 5 years...

Remember there is a limit in age to import should be not more then 7 years if I am not wrong as I ever import my car but it was in 1981. Good luck a lot of haggling with RIMV too.

3-5 years?that long...lucky z3 has a classic look...hehe...but will check again with them..bro rezzy, 1981?must be a real vintage car by now...anyway, thanks for the reminder..

rezzy3181;467752 said:
Remember there is a limit in age to import should be not more then 7 years if I am not wrong as I ever import my car but it was in 1981. Good luck a lot of haggling with RIMV too.

no, u can import any car u like with your personal/student AP, no age limits. and tax depreciate against age at 10% a year. Classic car even better tax just rm 1k+ :D

car have to be under AP holder name for 2 years.

:top:

Top Bottom