Need advice on BMW 535i experience

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Congrats bro!! She'll surely put a smile on ur face each time u floor it. First thing first, suggest u to change all oil n fluid. just in case :)

Valvetronic exhaust is purely up to u bro. Yes it does bring the garang sound at a push of a button, making ur ride more pronounced. I dont see why not. Pretty safe mod. Lost of ppl have done it. Dont think it wld add any horses tho. If u live in a condo complex, the valvetronic surely helps not to wake up the neighbors in the morning hehehe.....

Remapping depends on how aggressive u want it to be. Suggest u go for a map that is within tolerance, so u wont be getting those pesky check-engine-light (CEL) warning. A 'safe' mapping would get u up to 20% more HP, with a max of 30% torque. ur ride is already a 300hp/400 torque car. If u want to go much more aggressive, hardware also needs to be changed/upgraded (DP, intercooler, intake, recommended to change brakes, etc.). Have to put more into maintenance.

If i were u, i'd remap first, then only exhaust... hehehe

Thank you bro Gen for the wonderful tips and advise. Think to remap so can gain hp and tork. Anyhow, does it harm the engine after the remap process?

Can you recommend any shop can get safe remap done? I believe yours ady done right? Thank you sifu

If you remap within tolerance allowable by the engine, then it should be fine. Occasional spirited session (means no track use, no rempit all the time etc) would do no harm. Seasoned tuners, i was told, normally keep a copy of your stock map, a just in case scenario if the updated map were to go not as planned. Normally, good tuners would be able to balance between the performance that u desire, and maintain the reliability (to some extent) of your engine. again, these are maps thats done within the tolerance limit. Its not a one-off process, as these tuners wld tune/map till u r satisfied. unless he got it spot on the first time around.

I have not remapped my ride yet bro. yes its in the pipeline. for the time being, its pretty much maintenance, maintenance, maintenance for me. getting back it to stock levels. waiting for my next ATF change (mid or end Feb) then only gonna do the remap. Bootmod3 (BM3) is the in thing for now. US & UK based tuners/owners been praising this a lot. a number of them dumped the traditional piggyback to BM3. Locally we hv Aktiv Tuning, Project'A, DNA Tuning to name a few. check out their FB pages. look at what they have to offer.

If u do proceed with any, do let me know. Wanna tag along. all the best bro!

Hi Bro Gen,

Just bought 535i 2011, it is such a beast. I have questions if you mind to share. I plan to upgrade to valvetronic exhaust, is that advisable? Would it make the system mass, like engine n stuff?

And how about remappng the ecu to increase the hp and tork. Is that okay?

Hi Bro Gon77, welcome to the F10 535i world of beauty and the beast! You are with good hands here with Bro Gen as he is a 535i sifu. :) he kinda lured me into 535i as well...hihihi and I have no regrets whatsoever. I got a 2011 535i UK spec a month ago. What an amazing car with the right balance of power and handling. I simply love this car. Just wanna share with you my personal experience. I bought the car with Armytrix exhaust and Afe power intake (Magnum force) already fitted. So according to spec:
- The armytrix exhaust: +16HP +22Nm -5.7Kg
- The Afe power intake: +32 HP (but it think this figure is more realistic when you go to stage 2)

My experience with the car is simply superb. I used to drive the f10 528i LCI before. The exhaust valve is opened at 50% now and im loving it. 100% is good for highway runs (unless you wanna piss off ur neighbours during cold starts) and simply awesome sound. 50% is good enough all around and the car sound so good la. :) in my opinion the exhaust is very good option for cars like this and I am sure if you wanna remap the ecu for more power than exhaust and airtake will be the first thing comes to mind.
For now I would like to keep this car as it is as power and response is already more than enough for me.

I wish you good luck with the car and your mod bro. Hope we all meetup with Bro Gen one of these days for TT session.

Hi Bro Gon77, welcome to the F10 535i world of beauty and the beast! You are with good hands here with Bro Gen as he is a 535i sifu. :) he kinda lured me into 535i as well...hihihi and I have no regrets whatsoever. I got a 2011 535i UK spec a month ago. What an amazing car with the right balance of power and handling. I simply love this car. Just wanna share with you my personal experience. I bought the car with Armytrix exhaust and Afe power intake (Magnum force) already fitted. So according to spec:
- The Afe power intake: +32 HP (but it think this figure is more realistic when you go to stage 2)

My experience with the car is simply superb. I used to drive the f10 528i LCI before. The exhaust valve is opened at 50% now and im loving it. 100% is good for highway runs (unless you wanna piss off ur neighbours during cold starts) and simply awesome sound. 50% is good enough all around and the car sound so good la. :) in my opinion the exhaust is very good option for cars like this and I am sure if you wanna remap the ecu for more power than exhaust and airtake will be the first thing comes to mind.
For now I would like to keep this car as it is as power and response is already more than enough for me.

I wish you good luck with the car and your mod bro. Hope we all meetup with Bro Gen one of these days for TT session.
We learn together la bro....... from each other.....

Thank you bro. Appreciate the word. Yes so in love with this beast, it has both. Whenever I need him to speed, he does like hell. So much different with e60 since I have driving it for ages.

Bro Smugams,

If you dont mind, can share me your contact number. Maybe we can meet up soon with Sifu Gendong.

Thank you bro. Appreciate the word. Yes so in love with this beast, it has both. Whenever I need him to speed, he does like hell. So much different with e60 since I have driving it for ages.

Bro Smugams,

If you dont mind, can share me your contact number. Maybe we can meet up soon with Sifu Gendong.

Sure bro, you can WhatsApp me at 0123175857. Me and bro Gen already communicating on WhatsApp. He even recommended a good mechanic and we now share the same mechanic. I am working abroad now and hopefully I can get home around middle of April. Yeah bro we can plan something together for sure. Enjoy the ride! And stay safe for now.

Hi guys, would need your advise on whether to purchase a f10 535i of 10 years old with 200k mileage ....

I have been reading and researching on forums but lack of confidence to commit.

Hi guys, would need your advise on whether to purchase a f10 535i of 10 years old with 200k mileage ....

Hello bro. Yeah a 10 year old F10 535i is pretty much a steal nowadays. Price is very very attractive, as by now, it has already dipped below the rm100k mark. Mine is a 10 year old ride too this year.

if possible, make sure u have a complete service history of the car. Any receipts would do so that u can prioritize the maintenance. Are u getting the car from a direct seller or used car dealer? 200k mileage is very high. expect for major wear n tear replacement, assuming it has never been done before. also, spare some cash for immediate replacements i.e. engine oil, transmission oil, cooling & brake fluids etc.

the inline-6 is such a smooth powerplant. power is pretty much on tap. draws a smile each time i step on the accelerator. good luck bro!

Hi bro,
welcome to the forum. I think you have both me and bro Gen's mobile number now. Sorry wasn't able to reply you much as I am actually working in Vietnam and my mobile usage is restricted. But bor Gen is a good person to ask about 535i. He has one of this beauty too for a long time now. :) As mention by bro Gen, 200K is pretty high so the more information you have bout the previous services done is better. You have to really put aside some significant cash for maintenance wear and tear work. But please do check for the transmission functionality as it is not cheap to replace or repair if it has not been maintained. Try shifting manually thru all gears and notice for any slippage/hesitants or jerking during gear shift. Put in sport mode and give it a go pass 3-4k rpm (turbo kicks in around 2k rpm plus).

I would advice you take the car to a trusted mechanic to do a overall check before you commit. I did that with my purchase from a private seller. Infact it also helped me to bargain the price after we ran through the diagnostics and mechanical check on what needed to be done to bring the car back to satisfactory level. Highly recommend to do this. Even better if you can get BMW 360 test before committing to such a high mileage car. This initial invest can be crucial and also a little peace of mind to yourself.

Anyways bro hunting a good 535i that suits you is a challenge and an adventure in itself. It took me a year to finally fall for one beauty head over heels. She was everything that I wanted...as the saying goes good things comes to those who waits, best things comes for those who waits a little more until they find the one!!...:);) Happy hunting bro. Hope you find one soon if that 200K miler is not the one! Good luck!

Thanks for the kind advise from both bro Gendong and bro Smugans. I am so grateful for all the valuable informations and sharing. It actually push me further to get my hand on the 535i !

My current strategy is to subscribe to those insurance for extended warranty first (for engine, gearbox and ecu) and at the same time spare some cash to address the wear and tear issues.

Thanks for the kind advise from both bro Gendong and bro Smugans. I am so grateful for all the valuable informations and sharing. It actually push me further to get my hand on the 535i !

My current strategy is to subscribe to those insurance for extended warranty first (for engine, gearbox and ecu) and at the same time spare some cash to address the wear and tear issues.
Got ur ride dy bro?

bro~ how much u bought the afe intake ? im looking this intake too....thanks yo

bro~ how much u bought the afe intake ? im looking this intake too....thanks yo
If not mistaken, his came with the car when he bought it. Pretty well modded i wld say.

Most of the mod shop in Sunway would normally order it for you if you really want it. Have not came across those who has ready stock for it.

Most of the mod shop in Sunway would normally order it for you if you really want it. Have not came across those who has ready stock for it.
i got message sunway shop asking how much for the price... but no reply me....= =

Last edited:
Top Bottom