Steel braided brake hose

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by koryong@Dec 6 2004, 09:20 PM Just installed the Pro-RS hoses on my e30. IMHO, braking is more responsive in the sense that the brakes "bite" quicker. The "feel" actually feels dead to me 'coz there is less modulation.BTW, the stock rubber hoses aren't cheap either. So if they're due for a change, I'd recommend doing for the steel-braided ones - about same price .... :)
How much did it cost u to change them for the E30?? I'm considering changing mine ..... is it worth it to change them to steel braided???Cheers :D

The steel braided brake hoses will definately improve the braking feel on your ride as the expansion of which is inherrent with the standard hoses IS virtually eliminated.

I think BMW design the brake...good enough la.Unless you are a regular track junkie..!!! Then you'll know the differences.

I actually busted my Goodridge steel braided brake hose a few years back (on my Honda) after stomping on the brakes in an emergency situation (car ended spinning twice heh). Anyway, found out that it was due to poor installation. After market brake hose kits should be the ones which are an exact match for your car model. My set was not specifically meant for my car and the installer used plastic wire ties to secure the hoses to the suspension arms. Overtime, the rubbing of the hose to the metal arm caused wear and that was exactly where the hose popped.In summary, buy the hose designed for the car and reuse all brake hose mounting points.

Originally posted by E46Fanatic@Dec 12 2004, 12:18 AM I actually busted my Goodridge steel braided brake hose a few years back (on my Honda) after stomping on the brakes in an emergency situation (car ended spinning twice heh). Anyway, found out that it was due to poor installation. After market brake hose kits should be the ones which are an exact match for your car model. My set was not specifically meant for my car and the installer used plastic wire ties to secure the hoses to the suspension arms. Overtime, the rubbing of the hose to the metal arm caused wear and that was exactly where the hose popped.In summary, buy the hose designed for the car and reuse all brake hose mounting points.
Where did u get the goodridges from? I saw a quote from Eurocar Motorsport - RM450 - for 4 hose applications. Anywhere else that is cheaper?FYI, goodridge braids are coated with some plastic material - easier to keep clean and less likely to fray.The ones from 911 zentrum are bare exposed braid which will trap dirt etc and can be frayed.

Originally posted by ichiwan2@Dec 12 2004, 10:12 AM Where did u get the goodridges from? I saw a quote from Eurocar Motorsport - RM450 - for 4 hose applications. Anywhere else that is cheaper?
The previous owner of my EK4 bought it from UK and brought it back to KL and fitted it onto the car. Not sure who did the installation, but based on what I read, Goodridge is a reputable manufacturer of steel braided brake hoses so it shouldn't fail if installed properly.

:lol: :lol: No lah, bro. Just being practical since Goodridge isn't widely available, better buy from someone reliable who can follow up for you if something goes wrong .... :D Anyway, seriously after 2 weeks of bedding in the new ATE pads, discs and Pro RS steel hoses, the feel has improved tremendously. I have to eat my words - there is pretty good feel / modulation on the steel braided hoses. My e30 now has as much bite as the standard 36 brakes which I always felt were damn strong.IMHO if anyone just wants to replace the stock rubber hoses without extra cost, the Pro RS is more than enough. But if you really want track performance on the road and can afford the dosh, I guess Goodridge is the way to go.

Originally posted by koryong@Dec 15 2004, 04:18 AM :lol: :lol: No lah, bro. Just being practical since Goodridge isn't widely available, better buy from someone reliable who can follow up for you if something goes wrong .... :D Anyway, seriously after 2 weeks of bedding in the new ATE pads, discs and Pro RS steel hoses, the feel has improved tremendously. I have to eat my words - there is pretty good feel / modulation on the steel braided hoses. My e30 now has as much bite as the standard 36 brakes which I always felt were damn strong.IMHO if anyone just wants to replace the stock rubber hoses without extra cost, the Pro RS is more than enough. But if you really want track performance on the road and can afford the dosh, I guess Goodridge is the way to go.
yaalaa..bro kroyong...next e30 project...ATE , proRS & greenstuff...pokai,pokai :( :( ehh pass u the thing during friday TT aar :huh:

MrHartge,After u've install the stuff, u calling calling me, ok ... Kiter test power ...Hmmm .. now .. let me see .. M40, M30, M40, M30 .... arrrghhh .. u choose lah !

Originally posted by 535i@Dec 15 2004, 10:40 PM MrHartge,After u've install the stuff, u calling calling me, ok ... Kiter test power ...Hmmm .. now .. let me see .. M40, M30, M40, M30 .... arrrghhh .. u choose lah !
aarrrrgggg...i give up lar.....nasib baik adik beradik....

MrHargtge,What if (what if laa kan ..) u change the auto 328 to manual 328 ... haaaa .. .baru best ... Jgn bunyi macam ribut, lari macam siput .... * racun paraquat *

Originally posted by 535i@Dec 15 2004, 10:52 PM MrHargtge,What if (what if laa kan ..) u change the auto 328 to manual 328 ... haaaa .. .baru best ... Jgn bunyi macam ribut, lari macam siput .... * racun paraquat *
u r the man laaah if u can get the tranny 4 me..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mr HartgeBoleh di usahakan ....... I hv seen the conversion done.

Originally posted by 535i@Dec 15 2004, 11:03 PM Mr HartgeBoleh di usahakan ....... I hv seen the conversion done.
Zamu never ceased to amaze me man....u the "BOMB" :D :D :D :D

Top Bottom