SS Braided Hoses

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by ozone@Mar 9 2005, 09:17 AM
I don't like the feel of my new ATE brake disc and ATE brake pads - feels mushy compared to my old one - Jurid. However, less dust.
So I bought a set of the the braided hoses without sleeves today for RM 280.
Maybe I will make my own sleeves using the ones for hifi cables - you know the ones you pull over the cable and heat to shrink it to fit ?
The one with sleeves costs RM 310 but they have no stock.
Found out that it is actually made in Malaysia - but the hose itself is imported.
No wonder it is cheaper than goodridge.
Will need to find time to fix it and hopefully the feel will be better.
How long have they been on? Try some hard braking to bed in the pads!

Originally posted by ichiwan2@Mar 9 2005, 09:22 AM
Where can we get the goodridge ones?
Mr. I. Wan,

At Calvin Tan's place or browse over to the link I provided above.....some of those guys are likely to stock it.

Problem is older UDM models are poorly supported so they may not have it for your model so have to order of something like that....

Originally posted by ozone@Mar 9 2005, 10:17 PM
.....So I bought a set of the the braided hoses without sleeves today for RM 280.
Maybe I will make my own sleeves using the ones for hifi cables - you know the ones you pull over the cable and heat to shrink it to fit ?
The one with sleeves costs RM 310 but they have no stock.
Found out that it is actually made in Malaysia - but the hose itself is imported.
No wonder it is cheaper than goodridge.
Yes, I think you can use the electrical heat shrink sleeve but it is a little bit thin.

Zentrum did quote me RM310 but i manage to nego to RM300. BUT they have a promotion for any vehicle that they don't have the pre-cut hose (i.e. new car) for just RM250 including installation and Dot 4 brake fluid. But i understand the pre-cut hose already pressure tested.

Labour charge is cheaper here compare with UK but the quality almost the same.

I know a place that quote me RM520 per set of Goodridge kits for E30. If you're interested, PM me.

Even if one pussy foots around for a month new pads might not be fully bedded in. YMMV.

Originally posted by 3er@Mar 10 2005, 10:08 AM
Even if one pussy foots around for a month new pads might not be fully bedded in. YMMV.
Correct! Try braking reaaly hard without locking your brakes several times.......remember, the surface of your pads must bed into the disc......no pussyfooting alright?

Installed the hoses.
I also purchased ATE super blue racing brake fluid which cost RM 55 a litre.
No difference - my brake still feels lousy. I think I will have to take your advise and brake really hard - do I just go at 120 kmph and do an emergency brake ?
If this still does not work, I think I will change back to Jurid.

Originally posted by ozone@Mar 12 2005, 08:46 PM
Installed the hoses.
I also purchased ATE super blue racing brake fluid which cost RM 55 a litre.
No difference - my brake still feels lousy. I think I will have to take your advise and brake really hard - do I just go at 120 kmph and do an emergency brake ?
If this still does not work, I think I will change back to Jurid.
is your servo is good condition.????

there is this squeaking sound coming from my brakes.
Went to AB and bought 2 packets of BMW Bremsklotzpaste for RM 4 per pack.
Where do I apply this - can't be on the pads, right ?
On the packet, it states "apply on cleaned shafts, piston crowns, base plates ( but not friction surfaces )"
Any one has tried to do this ?

Did mine today at 911 Zentrum. Custom assembled by the owner of 911 Zentrum himself. Cost RM250. Got them to do the installation as well. Installation wasn't cheap tho, RM100, but IMHO worth it. Did a splendid job.

Performance wise, immediately noticeable. More feel to the brakes and seemed to bite better too. Strongly recommended. Its a must do for people with a heavy right foot.

Explored with owner about group buy.

Min numbers is 10 sets. Prices are from RM260 upwards, before discount.

Discount is pretty good. Requests that Committee contact him officially to work out the terms and conditions, time, etc.

Prices for installation I saw were:
Installation for 4 hose set up is RM100
Installation for 6 hose set up is RM130

FYI, the owner used to race Porches and has two shells sitting in his garage workshop area. Also had a few customer 911s, including a RUF 911, a 944 and a 928. The owner now drives a Ferarri.

Other stuff there also included go-karts and related equipment, stuff from OMP, Brisk spark plugs and Weicher strut bars.

FYI

Top Bottom