Stainless Steel Brake line Kit..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

NKTOB

Club Guest
Have read the usefulness of them...however, need to know if any forumrunners are using them and does it really works for our udms?thanx in advance...

Originally posted by NKTOB@Jun 19 2006, 03:07 PM
Have read the usefulness of them...

however, need to know if any forumrunners are using them and does it really works for our udms?

thanx in advance...

CHubby is on Goodridge with his new "Jet Sound" brakes.... :yes:

Originally posted by NKTOB@Jun 19 2006, 07:07 AM
Have read the usefulness of them...

however, need to know if any forumrunners are using them and does it really works for our udms?

thanx in advance...
Under normal driving conditions, the ori hose is more than adequate. Its only when you are driving hard (i mean pushing the brakes to the limit), the metal hoses will make a difference. The ori BMW hoses are pretty thick to be honest :)

that's what i tot so.....

as for chubby, he takes his ride to the track..and it'll work best for him.

but if our ori ones worn out and starts to have hairline cracks, is it better to chg them to stainless steel as its has longer lifespan as well?

the ori brake hose per set costs around RM200+ per set...

and a stainless steel brake line kit of BF Goodridge costs RM500+ per set...

is it a worth while investment? taking into consideration of lifespan and performance vis a vis........

Originally posted by NKTOB@Jun 19 2006, 03:36 PM

but if our ori ones worn out and starts to have hairline cracks, is it better to chg them to stainless steel as its has longer lifespan as well?

In a nutshell.... YES.

Although, from what i've read (you knowlah which site, eh, NKTOB) to get the best results from the braided steel lines, your brakes should also be an upgraded pot.

Originally posted by NKTOB@Jun 19 2006, 03:42 PM
the ori brake hose per set costs around RM200+ per set...

and a stainless steel brake line kit of BF Goodridge costs RM500+ per set...

is it a worth while investment? taking into consideration of lifespan and performance vis a vis........
PRO-RS (did i spell it correctly?) seems to have so many ads on this brand on magazine. better than goodridge? i think RS is cheaper.

yes they are cheaper i chk they selling for 350 for e46.....racun racun coming

nktob...waaaa...talkin bout me ahh..hheheh....chubby only lorrr...heheh....
actually to be honest its worth the investment bro...when i had my goodrich's installed i looked at each and every one of them as it was being installed..they look and feel very strong n solid...definitely an upgrade then the ori hose...but whats RM250 more when brakes is one of the most important elements in a car as we are talking about safety of lives :D

Well at least thats what I think...I love to "Drive" hence why I want to improve my brakes...but dont really matter whether u small or big sized engine bro...a 318 and a 330 both doing 160kmh...still need to brake right..question is how fast u want ur car to stop from that speed in an emergency...in this situation doesn't matter whether u drive 318 or M3...the more braking power and ability u have the better..u can never have enough braking power anyways... :D

Thats just my opinion...hope somone agrees with me on this :D
if not eat more burgers...car will be heavier :D

:yahoo:

Originally posted by chubby@Jun 19 2006, 06:24 PM
nktob...waaaa...talkin bout me ahh..hheheh....chubby only lorrr...heheh....
actually to be honest its worth the investment bro...when i had my goodrich's installed i looked at each and every one of them as it was being installed..they look and feel very strong n solid...definitely an upgrade then the ori hose...but whats RM250 more when brakes is one of the most important elements in a car as we are talking about safety of lives :D

Well at least thats what I think...I love to "Drive" hence why I want to improve my brakes...but dont really matter whether u small or big sized engine bro...a 318 and a 330 both doing 160kmh...still need to brake right..question is how fast u want ur car to stop from that speed in an emergency...in this situation doesn't matter whether u drive 318 or M3...the more braking power and ability u have the better..u can never have enough braking power anyways... :D

Thats just my opinion...hope somone agrees with me on this :D
if not eat more burgers...car will be heavier :D

the brake fuild leak out when removing old hose and changing new one? if yes, then have to buy brake fluid to topup?

hi,

i read somewhere that brake hose upgrade is best accompanied by upgrading the pads.. for continuous hard driving, shud also consider upgrading the brake fluid.. these upgraded setup shud be more than enuff for most..

after that, i strongly think that your braking threshold would be your tyres.. having a wider, softer compound and lower profile tyres wud also help with your high speed stopping power.. after all this, you should seriously think about BBK.. also, only if u need a strong braking, continuously.. just my opinion..

gud luck!! :D

MOuse,

Yea its recommended u change the brake fluids as well....in my case when i changed my rotors, i changed my pads and the brake fluid as well...:D

Originally posted by chubby@Jun 20 2006, 02:10 PM
Yup...greeen Stufff...on them now :D

read about them too.....

how much are they anyway? there's oso red as well rite?

what are the diff?

besides ebc, other options for normal daily driving?

Top Bottom