Sputtering on full tank, whats wrong with my baby?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

MrSmith

Club Guest
As the title suggest, my e36 328i cant maintain idle on full tank. She will sputters as if not enough fuel is reaching the engine. Makes it difficult for stop and go traffic. But once she's running its fine. Wierd. This is my 1 st love and been with her for the last 8 years. Been thru some abuse bt nows the time to give back some loving to her. Please advice , thanks guys!Happy Eid to all muslim forummers

You mean that once it's no longer full, it runs fine? May be a problem with the fuel tank breather system and it's causing your engine to run a little too rich.

or a clogged petrol filter...since when the last time you changed it ?

Game-R;765278 said:
You mean that once it's no longer full, it runs fine? May be a problem with the fuel tank breather system and it's causing your engine to run a little too rich.

Worth checking i guess. Ill check it tomorrow. Its in the engine compartment rite? Cause my mech before has check the bleeder valve near the right tyre well and its ok

pussy;765303 said:
or a clogged petrol filter...since when the last time you changed it ?

I doubt it. The current filter has less than 40k km on it. I also make it a habit to fill when its 1/4 till empty soo the sediments wont get into the engine.

Start up the car this morn planning to go for a checkup. Appenrently it went away this morning and she s running beautifully with no hiccups. Hmmm...

Top Bottom