SMG problems

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

MFun

Club Guest
I noticed recently that when I attempt to change my gears on starting up, the indicator does not go to 0 on my dashboard when I move the stick to neutral position. The car will not start. I have to jiggle left and right for a few times before the gear will move from 1st into neutral.Any bros have this problem before?thanks!

bro,
just my thought..did you always put it back to neutral ( 0 ) before turning off the engine?..

Originally posted by tony5050@Jul 15 2006, 04:40 PM
bro,
just my thought..did you always put it back to neutral ( 0 ) before turning off the engine?..
No, always leave it in 1..why?

i always switch it back to "0" before switching off the ignition key..cos i did realise sometimes when i forgot to switch it, it happened like what you said..not sure whether its your case though..cheers :yes:

In the manual if I'm not mistaken you have to leave it in 1st gear. If you put to '0' then switch off you'll be given a beep warning sound. When you want to start the igniton you'll need to free the gear first. To do that press the brake pedal and then change the gear to neutral with the brake pedal still being press on. It was supposed to be like a safety measure to prevent the car from rolling off in case the parking brake fail.

Zul said:
In the manual if I'm not mistaken you have to leave it in 1st gear. If you put to '0' then switch off you'll be given a beep warning sound. When you want to start the igniton you'll need to free the gear first. To do that press the brake pedal and then change the gear to neutral with the brake pedal still being press on. It was supposed to be like a safety measure to prevent the car from rolling off in case the parking brake fail.

True Zul...
Try press the brake a few more time. Sometime happen if you are not pressing the brake hard enough.

Top Bottom