Side mirror auto turn down when reverse?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bmw7833

Club Guest
I found out an interesting this morning in my fren' e39.The side mirror of his e39 will auto turn down when i put the stick to reverse. Amazing! As my e39 can not do this when reserve! Our car spec are 100% same.I wonder why? This is set-able by computer?

what i know only certain models ada... for it to work, the switch selector of the side mirror must be on the driver side.

jaleeks23;455021 said:
PDC in your fren's car?

Nope, both cars without PDC.

pussy;455023 said:
what i know only certain models ada... for it to work, the switch selector of the side mirror must be on the driver side.

Hmmm..The mirror tilt function only happen in passenger side when the mirror switch in driver side.

Hairan ya..??

Had this feature as far back as my 2000 E39. The side mirror selector switch must be on the driver side and the gear selector must be in reverse for the pax side mirror to dip.

saat;455032 said:
Had this feature as far back as my 2000 E39. The side mirror selector switch must be on the driver side and the gear selector must be in reverse for the pax side mirror to dip.

Is this function set-able by computer?

bmw7833;455034 said:

As far as I can remember, it is not selectable on the E39. If you dont want it to dip, move the selector to the pax side. It is also not selectable on the E90.

bmw7833;455034 said:

BTW it was a 525 E39. Dont know if this feature is avail on the 523 or 520

semua boleh lah.. as long as the mirror adjust switch is put to driver's side.. because when u put to passenger's side means designer assumes u can and want to adjust to whatever position u want immediately. If on driver's side means u can adjust driver's side and hence passenger's side is automatically tilted for reverse for u to see the curb or watnot.

interesting findings...i wonder what else BMW engineers have hidden in the cars?

saat;455041 said:
BTW it was a 525 E39. Dont know if this feature is avail on the 523 or 520

My fren' e39 also a 523i.

afifazhanee;455049 said:
If I'm not mistaken, this feature comes with the memory seat function.

My fren' e39 doesnt have memory seat function.

king82;455050 said:
interesting findings...i wonder what else BMW engineers have hidden in the cars?

Surprise right?

That's the reason i love BMW, same as i love APPLE products! Too many hidden function and it gives u surprise everyday!

bmw7833;455051 said:
My fren' e39 also a 523i.

My fren' e39 doesnt have memory seat function.

Surprise right?

That's the reason i love BMW, same as i love APPLE products! Too many hidden function and it gives u surprise everyday!

These are not hidden functions, rather functions that you have not been aware of but it's there from day 1. U should have a read through the user manual.

yeah lah.. i thot it was common knowledge .. BMW was the one who came up with it.. like I showed FUNFER when he bought his car and he was excited..

wc9922;455071 said:
These are not hidden functions, rather functions that you have not been aware of but it's there from day 1. U should have a read through the user manual.

nazrie;455073 said:
yeah lah.. i thot it was common knowledge .. BMW was the one who came up with it.. like I showed FUNFER when he bought his car and he was excited..

Ahhhh anything lar..As long as i happy with it..

pussy;455023 said:

Cool function to see that the car dont go into longkang or the rims scratch by the road curb:top:

Top Bottom