Shaking Headlights on the E39

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
the 1st time took me hours to remove d plastic cover, 2nd time was easy, took less than 20 min. n no crack! the plastic adjusters cost rm110 for 1 angel eye headlamp, around rm50 for non agel eye headlamp. Anyone know where to get an aluminium adjuster?

Guys,

Was quoted RM300 to replace the adjusters per lamp. 2 lamps will set me back at RM600. Expensive?

Please advise.

Thanks.

David Y

David Y;408865 said:
Guys,

Was quoted RM300 to replace the adjusters per lamp. 2 lamps will set me back at RM600. Expensive?

Please advise.

Thanks.

David Y

Contact Yazid, he knows the price.

Yes, 600 for both lights is expensive. I paid 300 for both at BM Wong. The parts are 150 and labour is another 150 as my lights apparently were very difficult to open. Otherwise probably a bit cheaper for labour.

David Y;408865 said:
Guys,

Please advise.

Thanks.

David Y

RM600 is kinda high.

RM600 about right will get the guy's No. They are suppose to change 2 sets of ajusters per lamp. there is one for the lo and 1 for the high beam

525i;408869 said:
Yes, 600 for both lights is expensive. I paid 300 for both at BM Wong. The parts are 150 and labour is another 150 as my lights apparently were very difficult to open. Otherwise probably a bit cheaper for labour.

RM600 was quoted by BM Wong. I have checked with Yazid but he is not certained with cost and probably needs to check his bills.

BM Wong said that the old price was about RM500 but has now increased with inflation. He said he charged a lot forum members at these prices (then & current). So, bro, can confirm about RM300 he charged you? Some proof will help. With a RM300 difference, I can be drowned in teh tarek.

Yes I am sure it's 300.00. I know this because I bought the parts from him for 150 thinking that I can do it myself but in the end I sent it back to him to do as I couldn’t open up my lights. He then charged me 150 for the labour. This was last year circa June or July. Sorry, no bill as I did not ask for it.

Ask him and see how much the parts cost if you just want to buy it and DIY. It's just 4 plastic thingy that was probably moulded/machined locally.

525i;409253 said:
Yes I am sure it's 300.00. I know this because I bought the parts from him for 150 thinking that I can do it myself but in the end I sent it back to him to do as I couldn’t open up my lights. He then charged me 150 for the labour. This was last year circa June or July. Sorry, no bill as I did not ask for it.

Ask him and see how much the parts cost if you just want to buy it and DIY. It's just 4 plastic thingy that was probably moulded/machined locally.

He is adamant on RM600 and unyielding. I have given in to him. Sorry guys if I have just spoiled the market.:dontknow:

Top Bottom