..RPM/Speed data read out from ECU..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Ecc0

Associate Member
..i cant find any article/schematics about this..I wanna implement some custom hardware what will use this data (rpm/speed), but i have difficulty to find any relevant data on internet..anyone has some data/info/schematics to share? Im looking for Z4 M ECU (I suspect it should be similar to other Z models, but im not sure)..

..yup..im looking for something like that, with data stream description (baud rate, parity, stop bits, etc), so i can do some stuff from my side, by reading data I need (rpm/speed basically)..do you have any info about such things?? Im not looking for installing any carputer or anything like that..I wanna rig car with some custom made external hardware based on PIC32 MCU, so i just need plain read out, but i have no idea about connectors and protocol used on E86 M..

Bro, read about the chip here http://elmelectronics.com/obdic.html , I'm using v1.3a. This chip doesn't need a pc to interface just that I use a pc in my application. You can access the ELM just through hyper terminal. The interface of the chip is serial as you can see in the schematic a max232 is used.

The chip will handle the OBDII protocol with the car, you just need to talk to the chip through rs232. Your microcontroller needs to initialize the communication with the ELM then continously read data and you can do whatever you want, like put the reading on LCD or log readings.

Cheers

Top Bottom