RON95 on bmw engines

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

c-square

Club Guest
As it has been widely publicised in the papers that the Government is proposing to increase the price of RON97 but introduce a cheaper RON95. The question is, can all bmw engines run on RON95? Any negative long-term effect on the engines?

BMW Msia has came out with some statement on the above sometime back with regards to this issue, and all their engines (perhaps not the ///M?) are able to run on RON92!! So with RON95, I don't think there is any issue.

I have tried RON92 on mine, didnt notice any knocking. But since the difference is minimal, I decided to stay with RON97. The other thing is this, crude oil price has gone down so much and literally now the rakyat is paying taxes to the government whenever they pump petrol. Why the need to increase price?? It should go lower, as promised earlier!!

Cheers

i feel like we r always on the loser's side as our govt dun really care about us......they only care on their own personal pockets.

i find some knocking when using ron92(caltex) in my e34...so switching back to ron97 since little difference in price

morpheus5039;398049 said:
i find some knocking when using ron92(caltex) in my e34...so switching back to ron97 since little difference in price

pardon my ignorance, but how does 'knocking' sound like? is it loud enough to be detected above the engine and other sounds?

thanks in advance for any guidance from the sifus here...

conan;398109 said:
pardon my ignorance, but how does 'knocking' sound like? is it loud enough to be detected above the engine and other sounds?

thanks in advance for any guidance from the sifus here...

The knocking(preignition) usually comes out when the engine is underload(Lug the engine), like climbing steep hill with low speed and high gear(especially RPM less than 2k).

You can easily hear this sound if you drive proton iswara/wira b4 :wink: , sound comes out even lug the engine on lever ground

you can hear "cllick..click..click..click..." sound even u r sitting inside the car without lowering the window.

Thanks for the input, guys. So, if BMW Malaysia have actually came out with a statement (I must've missed it, though) earlier on the ability of its engines to run on RON92, then technically there shouldn't be any problems both in terms of engine performance and lifespan should I plonk in the RON95 into the e60/e90 when the Government introduces it?

Top Bottom