ride height and handling

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Agree with mizhan..

I prefer this:
1646882_600.jpg

datsunnismo;494402 said:
View attachment 12732the picture of my ride.... ( errr... still havent paint yet:embarassed:

View attachment 12744

The main different between his car and your car is the production year. Ed's car is 1989, yours look like pre 88 and has higher rear wheel archers. Post 88 e30s have lower rear wheel arches.

mizhan;494863 said:
hey Dee.. that red E30 is wickedly low man!

Yeah, if i'm not mistaken he had 15mm Brekker drop hats installed in the front and on top of that he had his spring pads removed both the front and rear. It's funny how he ketp 2 spare oil pans in his trunk.
his car is well-sorted car and very well maintained. too bad the car was bought buy an asshole and distroyed the car.

astroboy;494887 said:
Oil pan can be welded.. :p been there, done that.. :D

True. Can be done on crackes like the first pic (hai line crack) but I woudln't dare to weld a crack (carrnage) like the second pic.

That second pic totally busted bro and no way to be fixed. For low rides its best for them to either keep few extra oil sump and/or fixing up sump guard not a bad idea as well. I believe fab fabricated those lightweight aloy for the m40 and I believe he wouldnt mind sharing some pics of how the item would be once fixed on a car.

This is how an m20 sump guard / skid plate looks like.

e30sumguardb.jpg

EEEE30;494878 said:
The main different between his car and your car is the production year. Ed's car is 1989, yours look like pre 88 and has higher rear wheel archers. Post 88 e30s have lower rear wheel arches.

oh man... i didnt know this..!!! i tot both are same. thanks for the info.

EEEE30;494878 said:

You're right, the pre-88 E30 has higher rear wheelarches. And more chromes on the doors, as shown in the pic.

miepower;494895 said:
That second pic totally busted bro and no way to be fixed. For low rides its best for them to either keep few extra oil sump and/or fixing up sump guard not a bad idea as well. I believe fab fabricated those lightweight aloy for the m40 and I believe he wouldnt mind sharing some pics of how the item would be once fixed on a car.

e30sumguardb.jpg

This is what I have in my car:

see all the 'battle wounds' hahha
PICT9913.jpg

This one taken when it was first installed.. clean and smooth...
PICT6559.jpg

PICT6565.jpg

miepower;494895 said:

This is what i'm getting for my e30 soon. (attached pic)

datsunnismo;494897 said:
EEEE30;494878 said:

oh man... i didnt know this..!!! i tot both are same. thanks for the info.

:top:

err... so wht u guys advice me...? is't normal cus my ride is a pre 88 model. or i need to re-set my suspension ????

mizhan;494902 said:
Got any of it for sale bro?

Sorry for the thread hijack :)

:listen: I dont have it bro but you can fabricate one according to the oem specs with lighter material. The oem using heavy metal so maybe you can ask fab if he can get one ready for the m20. :top:

Hey fab, thanks for the pics and your battle wounds looks cool though. It shows that its been tested and proven.

datsunnismo;494908 said:
err... so wht u guys advice me...? is't normal cus my ride is a pre 88 model. or i need to re-set my suspension ????

the below pic is a pre facelift (correct me if im wrong) but the rear arch gap is smaller thn front.

View attachment 12767

you guys all busy with oil pan guard and dont want to bother me ah!!!!! :bawling:

the 323i E30 is pre-facelift.

front arch is higher than rear, hence the appearance of gap difference.

fabianyee;494909 said:
Made of steel???

10 gauge steel

datsunnismo;494914 said:
the below pic is a pre facelift (correct me if im wrong) but the rear arch gap is smaller thn front.

View attachment 12767

you guys all busy with oil pan guard and dont want to bother me ah!!!!! :bawling:

hahahaha nice thread hijacking. Bro, the attached e30 looks like preface lift (see the metal bumpers)

mizhan;494906 said:
can you get another one.. :)

Sure. I haven't got mine yet. It is in back order since the guy is taking more orders to make extra plates one shot. I'll let you know the details.

you guys all busy with oil pan guard and dont want to bother me ah!!!!! :bawling:[/quote]

First and foremost, as mentioned by pussy park the car at a straight road to get a clearer view.
There’s two ways to view your ride height and its totally up to you based on your own liking.

EEEE30;494936 said:
10 gauge steel

Sure. I haven't got mine yet. It is in back order since the guy is taking more orders to make extra plates one shot. I'll let you know the details.

thank you sir!

Top Bottom