Shocks & Spring For E30

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Hmm...any diffrent H&R spring & Eibach spring??

I hear that e36 sport spring can fix to e30(rear only),can e36 rear absober fix too???

jaja;312904 said:
hi all,just dropping by to share with all of you.i just bought bilstein sport shocks (b8) code B36-2027 for rear, P30-0335 for front,costs me $727 sing dollar=rm 1673.

How much would the g.s.t cost for the B8 if we take it into malaysia?

fabianyee;283140 said:
Just to share my tyre and suspension setup...

Tyres: 195/60/15 BF Goodrich G-Force Sport... Good and long lasting. Can last about 30K km with 5/6 track days thrown in....
Springs: Apex
Shocks: Front (Titan Custom absorbers) Rear (Merc W124 rear absorbers)

The interesting bit is the rear shocks from merc.... This is the cheap alternative to the Bilstein Yellow.... It's a pair of used absorbers I sapu from my mechanic but still has a lot of life in it... Superb on track but a little bumpy on the road...

Another thing I would like to point out that absorbers and springs combo works hand in hand... lowered springs with soft absorbers may give you crashy ride.. Pair it with stiffer absorbers and it would work just right... So if possible get test rides in cars fitted with different combo and decide what works for you....

I've tried Eibach and Apex before, I would prefer Apex to Eibach... Eibach springs are soft and it tend to rely on the foam dampener... I know cos I personally experiemented with it before..

And the biggest rim for the E30 is 16in... 17 is overkill... I'm on 15in and it's can corner fast enuf. Then again, I have more tweaks on the suspension..

Other suspension mods:
1. custom made front camber adjustable pillowball mounts.
2. custom made rear pillowball mounts.
3. Ireland Engineering antiroll bars
4. Sparco design strut bars (front and rear)
5. Custom made lower control arm bracket with PU bushes (aka lollipops)
6. KL Autofoam (Door sills + B pillar)

If you're interested in item #1, #2, #4 and #5. I can have them made for you... These are the items I got the machine shop to custom made for me..

fabian,just wanna know now i am using boge turbo with original spring can i just change my spring to eibach or apex spring?any side efect?by the way my ride is e30 m40 year 1990.

chili e30;312969 said:
fabian,just wanna know now i am using boge turbo with original spring can i just change my spring to eibach or apex spring?any side efect?by the way my ride is e30 m40 year 1990.

only effect is your shocks may not last as long since it is now working on a different range... Go for APEX...

I hear that e36 rear spring can fix to e30(rear only),can e36 rear absober fix too???

Rastabimmer;315220 said:

I hear that e36 rear spring can fix to e30(rear only),can e36 rear absober fix too???

boge E36 rear shocks can't fit, too little clearance as the shock tube is too long for E30.. Tried it.. other brands maybe can..

I'm using rear shocks from W124 though... A bit hard but superb in the corners and sweepers...

Rastabimmer;315220 said:

boge E36 rear shocks can't fit, too little clearance as the shock tube is too long for E30.. Tried it.. other brands maybe can..

I'm using rear shocks from W124 though... A bit hard but superb in the corners and sweepers...

There's not much options for off the shelf E30 shocks available here.. So it's either normal replacement shocks or Bilstein Sport shocks... Or custom shocks from local suspension tuners like Hotbits, HWL or Titan...

e30 spring

hi bros,...
Currently i'm running with 6potter eibach spring. But using M40. feel very stiff cuz of light weight engine.
anybody got 4potter sport spring? swapping most welcome :)

Sorry to bring up this post...

I heard that lowed spring have life-span,it's true??

I still confusing my car different height at front (gap tyre to arch).... after install new front absorber Bilstein black + dust cover (like hard sponge..) my tyre gap to arch different height left & right.. Current using Eibach lowed spring (more then 8years used I think..), someone said that position of spring wrong orientation & another said my lowed spring expired,huhu... I'm not suspected this problem come from lowed spring bcoz before change new absorber (before this used Boge) the height was same & absolutely this was not a normal situation ...
or the installation new absorber not properly.....anyone have experiances about this???

Mine is m40b18 '89, can I use front bilstein abs for e30 325? serial no. F4-PNE-3050 BE...I have a new set given to me by my brother, do I have to change the entire strut or could it be plug & play?

Dear Bros,

Can anyone e30 experts here can recommend a good mechanic in Klang Valley for this? Thanks all! Appreciate it...

lumo62;546247 said:
Dear Bros,

Can anyone e30 experts here can recommend a good mechanic in Klang Valley for this? Thanks all! Appreciate it...

bluegreen...

Top Bottom