Shocks & Spring For E30

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
hi..just to share with you all my experience...
when i bought my e30 the car is damn low (absorber boge turbo) with spring potong and rcently i get back the original spring from chop shop and change the absorber to bilstein black...
and now my ride look like 4x4..hehehhe
but i dont have to worry bout touching the ground anymore...
but in the future i prefer to have eibach pro kit spring to be install.

datsunnismo;280816 said:
hi bro...

dont u think 205/50/15 is very low.... furthermore with lowered sports spring?
how about 205/60/15?

The right size for E30 is 205/55/15 or 195/60/15..... 205/60/15 is oversized....

Just to share my tyre and suspension setup...

Tyres: 195/60/15 BF Goodrich G-Force Sport... Good and long lasting. Can last about 30K km with 5/6 track days thrown in....
Springs: Apex
Shocks: Front (Titan Custom absorbers) Rear (Merc W124 rear absorbers)

The interesting bit is the rear shocks from merc.... This is the cheap alternative to the Bilstein Yellow.... It's a pair of used absorbers I sapu from my mechanic but still has a lot of life in it... Superb on track but a little bumpy on the road...

Another thing I would like to point out that absorbers and springs combo works hand in hand... lowered springs with soft absorbers may give you crashy ride.. Pair it with stiffer absorbers and it would work just right... So if possible get test rides in cars fitted with different combo and decide what works for you....

I've tried Eibach and Apex before, I would prefer Apex to Eibach... Eibach springs are soft and it tend to rely on the foam dampener... I know cos I personally experiemented with it before..

And the biggest rim for the E30 is 16in... 17 is overkill... I'm on 15in and it's can corner fast enuf. Then again, I have more tweaks on the suspension..

Other suspension mods:
1. custom made front camber adjustable pillowball mounts.
2. custom made rear pillowball mounts.
3. Ireland Engineering antiroll bars
4. Sparco design strut bars (front and rear)
5. Custom made lower control arm bracket with PU bushes (aka lollipops)
6. KL Autofoam (Door sills + B pillar)

If you're interested in item #1, #2, #4 and #5. I can have them made for you... These are the items I got the machine shop to custom made for me..

Strider, if you want the lollipops, you'd need the front adjustable pillow mounts (replica k-macs) as the pop's throw the front alignment off abit.

fab, let me know when item 1 and 4 (Fronts) are available again.

hi guys, any idea how much would bilstein black cost ? just front two only..

JDY;283395 said:
hi guys, any idea how much would bilstein black cost ? just front two only..

Last checked with Bavarian Auto - SS2 about a month ago was RM235 per piece.

tyre pressure

hi guys...

need an advice,

im using 195/60/15 front and 205/60/15 rear. with sport springs.
WHAT IS THE CORRECT PRESSURE FOR THE TYRES?

pls advice.

datsunnismo;290636 said:
guys ... please advice. cuz some difference tyre shop recomend difference pressure.

For 195/60/15 front, I pumped about 32psi or more... but that's for my setup... REar 195/60/15 slightly higher...

hi all,just dropping by to share with all of you.i just bought bilstein sport shocks (b8) code B36-2027 for rear, P30-0335 for front,costs me $727 sing dollar=rm 1673.

the b12 comes with the spring(blue),but costs $1300 sing dollar.(not including g.s.t).abt rm3200 msia.

planning to use the b8 with d old spring.any suggestion?hope to hear from all sifu.thx.
where if i want to get the h&r springs n how much does it cost?

Top Bottom