Retrofit Entertainment Unit for E92

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

vikes

Club Guest
I just installed a retrofit entertainment unit for my E92...see photo. It fits nicely to the original radio/cd unit. Plug & play type. Use back the original climate control panel. No re-wiring etc. 1.5 hrs to install. so far so good. It has VCD/DVD/IPOD interface/USB, GPS, Radio, bluetooth, working TV (if u add antena) & many more functions. The only set back is that the screen is at low position....so, difficult for driver to look at the screen while navigating. apart fr that, i'm satisfied cos i've been looking to add i-drive, but cost was a big issue.So, for car without i-drive, this is a cheap retrofit. cost slightly over 3k for this german brand unit - all-in inc TV. there are also cheaper units from China for 2.2k.

Bro this unit from my supplier and it looks same as yours but it is China Product and cost less then 3k.
6418348559_3bbac15f07.jpg

go www.dynavin.de

i confirmed it came out from box with made in germany on it

anyway, we all know that the chinese can copy-cat the exact same thing.

vikes;692755 said:
go www.dynavin.de

i confirmed it came out from box with made in germany on it

anyway, we all know that the chinese can copy-cat the exact same thing.

With that given price, i believe it should be OEM from China, bro. You may look properly into the website again, the 'OEM' appear in some places :) Well, the software might be from German, or partially from German.

No worry, bro, nowadays German and China do make great product. You made a good decision indeed to have this multimedia unit, you should enjoy!!!! Cheers :15:

Any bro successfully installed the TV? Wondering the brand and position of the antenna giving the best TV reception in our E9x...

as I said, it's worth the money. Nowdays, everything is made in china - but german or US tech. whichever one can convince you, you buy lor.

The TV antena is installed inside the car near the mirror - left side. reception so so la when moving - as expected. But stationary is good.

vikes;692915 said:
as I said, it's worth the money. Nowdays, everything is made in china - but german or US tech. whichever one can convince you, you buy lor.

The TV antena is installed inside the car near the mirror - left side. reception so so la when moving - as expected. But stationary is good.

Bro,

If you need the TV to be clear you need a optional built in DVB-T which can support up to 140km/h.

Alex5522;692965 said:
Bro,

If you need the TV to be clear you need a optional built in DVB-T which can support up to 140km/h.

As what i know, the digital TV is not fully commercialized yet till 2012, RTM tested it before but not sure any DVB-T channels are still running right now... bro, you using it right now??

TV8 is always clear even during driving. but TV1/2/3/..useless. NTV7 not so bad.

How about the control for multifunction? Is it still working with this new HU?

Vikes congrats on the installation....I'ved been wanting to do the same for my e92 and sourcing for a good shop that can do the installation as well.

All this while, goggling around and even quoted once by BMW7833, unit only, not inclusive installation etc.

Please PM me the address of the shop. I may want to survey it this weekend :)

Thanks

yoko9798;695962 said:
Vikes congrats on the installation....I'ved been wanting to do the same for my e92 and sourcing for a good shop that can do the installation as well.

All this while, goggling around and even quoted once by BMW7833, unit only, not inclusive installation etc.

Thanks

Quoted by me? Zefree?

Bro....adalaaa...check your inbox....:)

Aiyooo......must be too many chicks inboxing you....

Cheers dude

yoko9798;695962 said:

Thanks

Bro maybe you can check my ad here: http://www.mudah.my/Bmw+E90+91+92+93+2005+Onwards+DVD+GPS+DD+Player-12405312.htm
Call me for more details Thanks

Top Bottom