Recommended Workshop for E90

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

JV88

Club Guest
Guys, need some opinion here. My car just passed the warranty period. Out of sudden, the brake pad warning light came out, the fog light warning came out, the run flat warning light came out....means that I need to repair all this without claim any warranty....so like usual I bring my car to authorised BMW workshop (in this case AB & IA). My issue is not about their ability to handle most of our car as I know its normal for cars to have problems or change the wear&tear part, just that is there any other workshop other than (AB, IA, SA) authorised BMW dealer that can handle our E90:1. With the same quality/ above par2. Use the same technology/machinery 3. Not cost an arm & leg4. Less birocracy5. No need long queue6. Not make our car as a lab rat7. Have experience in handling E90 issues8. Friendly & professional:top:Sometimes, when I send to AB, I need to wait one whole day (2 days if the queue is long) just to do a normal service to my car. See, I don't have the luxury to wait that long & go through all the hassle anymore as my car don't have any warranty already. But I also don't want to send my car to some workshop that use it as an experiment but know nuts about our UDM.:stupid:So, any recommended workshop for our E90 that u guys suggest?Thanks:driver:

Workshop

JV88;405024 said:
Guys, need some opinion here. My car just passed the warranty period. Out of sudden, the brake pad warning light came out, the fog light warning came out, the run flat warning light came out....means that I need to repair all this without claim any warranty....so like usual I bring my car to authorised BMW workshop (in this case AB & IA). My issue is not about their ability to handle most of our car as I know its normal for cars to have problems or change the wear&tear part, just that is there any other workshop other than (AB, IA, SA) authorised BMW dealer that can handle our E90:
1. With the same quality/ above par
2. Use the same technology/machinery
3. Not cost an arm & leg
4. Less birocracy
5. No need long queue
6. Not make our car as a lab rat
7. Have experience in handling E90 issues
8. Friendly & professional:top:

Sometimes, when I send to AB, I need to wait one whole day (2 days if the queue is long) just to do a normal service to my car. See, I don't have the luxury to wait that long & go through all the hassle anymore as my car don't have any warranty already. But I also don't want to send my car to some workshop that use it as an experiment but know nuts about our UDM.:stupid:

So, any recommended workshop for our E90 that u guys suggest?

Hi Bro,
You may try my Mechanic in Jln Ipoh Bamboo Garden, he is a ex-AB Sr. Mechanic. I've been using him for many many years....some customers knew him since in the 80s... If you need his phone number i can give u.
Cheers!

Thanks bro, kindly pm me the contact no. & direction...
btw, did they have all the facilities to service our E90 there?
Any other recommended workshop guys?

Bro! Warranty end doesn't mean BSRI ends ma.. please double check.. you brake pad confirm under BSRI and..

Run Flat indicator lit because YOU ARE SCREWED!!! in other words, one of your tyre is suffering deflation, possible caused by screw :D .. nothing to do with mechanic, go to tyre shop.

Fog light warning I think bulb bakar kut... check the bulb lor..

Done! :D

Still remember seeing your Black Sapphire at the AB Sg. Besi SC, with many CF parts.. nice rims, nice drop and the part I love most, you don't have a front number plate !! :eek: the registration numbers are stickers stuck directly onto your black bumper... how cool!! Wish I have done that, now too late, the SC screwed my plate on and now my front bumper has 4 lobangs.. :(

mykbria;405031 said:
Hi Bro,
You may try my Mechanic in Jln Ipoh Bamboo Garden, he is a ex-AB Sr. Mechanic. I've been using him for many many years....some customers knew him since in the 80s... If you need his phone number i can give u.
Cheers!

Are u refering to Ah Yao who do all repairs at his house ?

astroboy;405205 said:
Bro! Warranty end doesn't mean BSRI ends ma.. please double check.. you brake pad confirm under BSRI and..

Run Flat indicator lit because YOU ARE SCREWED!!! in other words, one of your tyre is suffering deflation, possible caused by screw :D .. nothing to do with mechanic, go to tyre shop.

Fog light warning I think bulb bakar kut... check the bulb lor..

Done! :D

Still remember seeing your Black Sapphire at the AB Sg. Besi SC, with many CF parts.. nice rims, nice drop and the part I love most, you don't have a front number plate !! :eek: the registration numbers are stickers stuck directly onto your black bumper... how cool!! Wish I have done that, now too late, the SC screwed my plate on and now my front bumper has 4 lobangs.. :(

Bro, kindly explain further abt the BSRI & warranty....coz on my last visit there, they said I need to pay for the brake pad.....RM1000++ woorrr.....& I did coz no other choice!

& u r right, I'm screwed on the run flat indicator....hehehe.....checked wt Lim Tayar TTDI both my rear tyre got screw.....& I still drove it happily tekan my car above 160 on the highway, in the rain!! But of coz without acknowledge why the warning light came out at the 1st place.....:stupid:

Now need to becareful tho.....BERHATI-HATI DI JALANRAYA, INGATLAH ORG YG TERSAYANG....:4:

In 2007.. Warranty only 2 years or 60k km which ever come first.. while BSRI is 3 years or 60k km whichever comes first..

And warranty covers almost everything thing like absorber, bushes, upholstery peeling, all engine parts and circuit board and stuff, except wear & tear like tyre, alignment and stuffs.

While BSRI only covers specific wear & tear items like brake disc rotor, brake pad, wiper blade, minyak, oil filter, I believe spark plugs too.. but must follow some guidelines. For instance, if OBC didn't say oil change due, they won't change oil for u lor, same with brake disc rotor. Whereas wiper blade is visual kua..

In 2008, the coverage has extended even further for the 5-series because to stimulate sales ma..

So check with your Sales Advisor, your package macam mana one..

I see.........in my case, my car clocked 61000km just before the brake pad warning light came out.....bad luck then......guess the bmw ppl really know how to do business tho.....:2:

Hi Chaps,
Am writing for the first time. Need to share some similar story and hope can get some advise from all the wise gurus out there.
Same case here, warranty over. Done over 70000km. Always serviced at AB. Recently something inside my central aircon vent blew and spewed gas into the cabin. Aircon failed completely, only blowing hot air. A check at AB revealed some blown valve, etc. My SA applied what he called as Goodwill Warranty, where BMW Malaysia absorbed 100% of the cost of the parts, but I had to bear 100% of the labour. The labour itself came to about RM1500.

Now I need to change my front right shock absorber as there are signs of oil leakage. Same concept but this time BMW Malaysia only approved 50% of parts to be absorbed. I had to pay the balance 50% and 100% for labour (which was quoted at RM900).

With a sudden increase of "incidents" after the warranty period, I am too thinking of going along the path of broJV88, but only if the mehanic is well versed with e90 and has the necessary diagnostic tools.

all these incidents happening right after warranty makes me think that lifespan of our bmws are about 3years old :)
so better to trade in or sell at 3 years old :)

Bro, my car not even 3 years old yet tho......wondering how the bmw ppl can be so accurate in setting up the BSRI & warranty period to squeeze us more......:motz:

But I thought brake rotor indicator should lit when 45k km for front and 55k km for rear?

Don't use M mode too often for engine braking because that will extend the life of the brakes, tekan brake kao kao.. :p

Heard that Obermaier Motorsport in Jalan Ipoh is good.How true is that?Haven't got any experiences with them yet.

astroboy;405438 said:
But I thought brake rotor indicator should lit when 45k km for front and 55k km for rear?

Don't use M mode too often for engine braking because that will extend the life of the brakes, tekan brake kao kao.. :p

Maybe thats where my mistake lies :embarassed:........
I'd changed the rear brake pad once during the BSRI period....but the front one seem to be ok, yet happened after the period passed....

FIRZ67;405441 said:
Heard that Obermaier Motorsport in Jalan Ipoh is good.How true is that?Haven't got any experiences with them yet.

I thought they expert more on the accessories & tuning parts.....but don't know on repair & maintaining....

JV88,

I called Obermaier today for my rear brake pad change and they quoted me around RM 500+ including parts & labour.I think that is quite reasonable and yes they do maintenance & repair as well.

JV88;405089 said:
Thanks bro, kindly pm me the contact no. & direction...
btw, did they have all the facilities to service our E90 there?
Any other recommended workshop guys?

Can I have the contact no and direction too?

I bought second-hand car - no warranty at all... new to BMW, only know alfa expert...

Any recommendation for workshop near Damansara?

Hi,
Has anyone here send their E90 to the following a/c shop for repairs:

Kool-Aire Auto Air-Cond Sdn Bhd7 Jln Pjs 11/7 Taman Bandar Sunway 46150 Petaling Jaya, Petaling Jaya 46150, Selangor

Are they proficient in servicing/repairs of our E90's? Sent mine to Ultra-tune and it costs RM5k+ to replace the leaking cooling coil, etc,etc. Kool-Aire quoted RM3k+. Just checking out their credibility before deciding.
Btw, mine had passed 80k mileage and looking out for alternatives beside the usual AB..

Thanks.

Top Bottom