Radiator Overheated

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
transporter;473720 said:
bro..is there any specific type of coolant for bmw engine? or plain water should be sufficient ?

BMW used HOAT coolant. You can get them at Bavarian Auto. The bottle is white in colour but the coolant is actually blue in colour. They comes in 1.5 litres bottle @RM32 per bottle

coolant.jpg

jarance;473722 said:
BMW used HOAT coolant. You can get them at Bavarian Auto. The bottle is white in colour but the coolant is actually blue in colour. They comes in 1.5 litres bottle @RM32 per bottle

thanks bro.. :)

yesterday checked the coolant level it is quite low, so i top it up with filtered water until the red stick can't be pull anymore. run the engine for 10 mins by reving to 3-4k rpm intermittently.. found out the 2 hose in between the thermostat have different temperature. one is very hot (put my hand there 1-2 sec then unbearable already), the other hose is just warm..so can i conclude that is a thermostat issue ?

anyway, i have try to bleed my car but could not find the bleeder cap. my engine bay looks slightly different from yours. i have attached my engine bay for your kind reference.pic1 shows what is possibly my bleeder cap (circled in red) ? pic2 shows my radiator.. appreciate your expertise here bro.. thanks again! :rock:

bro...if i'm not mistaken, the bleeder cap should be in pic2, just beside the tank where you fill up with water/ coolant (with the + sign)

king82;473853 said:
bro...if i'm not mistaken, the bleeder cap should be in pic2, just beside the tank where you fill up with water/ coolant (with the + sign)

icic. will try to bleed it later..thanks bro.. :top:

bro, i just send my car to mechanic today. my mech says need to change thermostat, and also after changing thermostat my coolant will be flushed.
he recommended to put in 2 x 1.5 litre of coolant. just wanna check is that a HOAT coolant..the bottle is 1.5 litre and white in color.it also have bmw logo and german words on it. i have asked the mech and he says the coolant is blue in color.
may i know how much of coolant is needed? can i just pour in 1.5 litre of coolant and mix it with water? because i'm thinking that if my cooling system have problem again, the coolant might need to be flushed again.. thanks! :D

Top Bottom