Quieter ride - Door soundproofing

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
beemerback;737747 said:
Bro aoch88 - when will you be joining us as OM?

No money :( Someone buy my Philips H8 bulbs then I can use that to pay for OM, lol

beemerback;737750 said:
As I mentioned - physically, the door sounded more solid when you finger-knock it from the outside and it feels heavier

The ride is more pleasant and since the cabin is quieter, your passengers could hear your farts even if you releases it slowly (dont talk about smelling it)

A very positive review indeed. I'm really interested in doing it now :p A quieter cabin will definitely be something I would want for my car.

beemerback;737747 said:
I am also interested to join in the GB. Pussy - I can assist you.

Bro aoch88 - when will you be joining us as OM?

if that's the case, let try to get in contact with the person. No promises..

Guys,

I am thinking of doing a GB on this. The material is from USA and measuring about 18" X 33" per piece. It will be a do-it-yourself by removing the interior door panelling and basically cut and stick it onto your car's door. See my earlier photo postings.

On a tentative basis, I would like to know how many of you are interested in order for me to ask for a good price from the seller. If we can get about 200 sheets, the estimated price per piece is about RM55-60.

Keen to buy on a tentative basis:

1. beemerback (20 pieces)

I am using Dynamat Extreme for floor board & booth in my E 24 restoration. Very expensive but they are top quality & endorsed by Chip Foose. Installation can be DIY using their rollers.

No need to buy the dynamite brand or what... U can it at hardware shop & can diy!

beemerback;741549 said:
Guys,

I am thinking of doing a GB on this. The material is from USA and measuring about 18" X 33" per piece. It will be a do-it-yourself by removing the interior door panelling and basically cut and stick it onto your car's door. See my earlier photo postings.

On a tentative basis, I would like to know how many of you are interested in order for me to ask for a good price from the seller. If we can get about 200 sheets, the estimated price per piece is about RM55-60.

Keen to buy on a tentative basis:

1. beemerback (20 pieces)
bro how many is enough for whole car. doors, floor & firewall?

Bro..i assume yr car is a saloon. 4 doors@1 piece per door, 2 pieces@firewall and another 4 for the floorboard would be sufficient. Roof not really important unless you want to be perfect.

beemerback;742311 said:
Bro..i assume yr car is a saloon. 4 doors@1 piece per door, 2 pieces@firewall and another 4 for the floorboard would be sufficient. Roof not really important unless you want to be perfect.
it's e39 i forgot to mention earlier. just checking. thanks bro.

Top Bottom