Quieter ride - Door soundproofing

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

beemerback

Official Member
Soundproofed the doors today. RESULT: A quieter ride, doors sounded more solid when finger-knocked from the outside but darn....the aircon blower now seem to be noisy as a result of better insulation. Next: How to "silence" the blower without switching it off?Before:
Before.jpg
Before2.jpg
After:
After2.jpg
After.jpg

Increase your radio volume to silence the aircon blower, haha....

Noise is from the blower fan motor bearings and you can just replace the motor at about RM800.

Herbert;736968 said:
Noise is from the blower fan motor bearings and you can just replace the motor at about RM800.

The motor dearer than the insulation itself.....

My idea cheaper than Herbert bro.. Save RM800 for seafood in Klang..can eat many time oh..

ay39;736981 said:
My idea cheaper than Herbert bro.. Save RM800 for seafood in Klang..can eat many time oh..

Ya brader, if go Restaurant Sam Seng (3 stars) even many times more!!!!!

tIANcI;736987 said:
I am lost here ... sorry! Alu + tar???!!

Its in one piece (abt 18x33") from USA. The reflective part is alu. The back part is the sound absorbing material

beemerback;736993 said:
Its in one piece (abt 18x33") from USA. The reflective part is alu. The back part is the sound absorbing material

Aaaaaahhh ... I tot you just painted on the tar kaw-kaw then cover with aluminium la ... kekeekekekee ... I would like to soundproof my E90, its not that quiet for the price paid. This would be nice when running on highways.

beemerback;737005 said:
For best results, the roof and the floorboard should be included....

Will wanna do front doors, floor and as far up to the firewall that they can push. Maybe something for the wheel arches. Does the roof let in that much wind noise? Other than when it rains la ... but best of all change to non run flats!

What's the damage like and where to buy this? :) I'd like to try DIY on the doors.

Top Bottom