Quad Exhaust + CCC

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
i took off my sprint booster...used for about 3 months. let me know if u want to buy it at RM800.00 or PM me your offer price

ess530i;366409 said:
i took off my sprint booster...used for about 3 months. let me know if u want to buy it at RM800.00 or PM me your offer price

any particular reason for not using the sprint booster??? any potential problems associated with using the booster?
There is clear evidence of better acceleration right??? What other benefits of installing the sprint booster??? wear and tear?

turbology;366386 said:
Your car have a "clicker" when you floor it.
Is there for a reason. Use it often and wisely.

it's called the kickback button fyi...

IMO the sprint booster is just amplifying the amount of accelerator pedal travel to the fuel control so that by depressing it slightly it is almost equilvalent to flooring it or by far greater magnitude with the booster install. it does not add any power to ur engine or car...hehe

just floor the pedal and get use to it like turbology said and save rm1200 coz that is wat is basically does without u need to know or feel u are flooring it...

just my opinion though...

any particular reason for not using the sprint booster??? any potential problems associated with using the booster?
There is clear evidence of better acceleration right??? What other benefits of installing the sprint booster??? wear and tear?

reason not using ? - not natural
potential problem ? - none. Is near equivalent to "kickback" button
better accelration ? - n/a (never have one)
benefit ? - more power on "butt dyno"
wear and tear ? - same as "kickback" button

Need more up-and-go power ?
1. turn off your a/c
2. turn off your ASC+T*
3. shift gear to L or 1

Don't like the above ? Sprint Booster is your answer.

*at your own risk. :D

I have been using Sprint Booster, so far quite satisfied;

Except those who first time drive my car, they press accelerator a bit and it accelerates too fast,

:D

thule;366412 said:

the sprint booster functions somethin like your active steering...it amplifies the actual movement of your pedal ie. when u step 10% it tells the car that you're stepping 20% so full throttle is achieved when u're stepping about 50%. it did succeed in makin me think that my car was actually faster but i got tired of it as i didn't have full control of the throttle/car. fuel economy is also sacrificed a little partly because i tend to drive more aggressively with the sprint booster on. nevertheless, i think its one of those gadget which u must experience. best & cheapest way to do this is to buy a used unit from me and sell it off to a newbie later :)

Well well well... I'll get everything done for my car first... sent my car to Motorsport Division in Sunway on Friday... out on Saturday.
They did a great job on my E60... it definitely looks very aggressive and macho now. The Remus Sports Label Quad Exhaust with thicker tip really makes a difference. It sounds great too.. very bassy.
About the Angeli Bright ring marker.. it is White now... but not as bright as I thought it would be... hehehe. The matching Xenon bulb for fog light was great too.. grabbed a lot of attention on the road with my new look.
Will post photo in this thread soon... stay tuned ok?

OK... check these out:
IMG_2958.jpg

IMG_2967.jpg

IMG_2971.jpg

IMG_2969.jpg

IMG_2956.jpg

the ring marker is indeed brighter compared to the factory stock... and turned many heads as I zoomed pass them too.
For those who are interested to order Angeli Bright through their website... please let me know... I will give you the coupon code in which they will give you another $25 off the retail price. FYI... only 5 available though :D

nice white e60...

but IMHO the front lip not nice...hehe

rims and the side mirror must go...:p

with the remus quad power got increase or not?

t2ribena;368058 said:
nice white e60...

but IMHO the front lip not nice...hehe

rims and the side mirror must go...:p

with the remus quad power got increase or not?

aiya... don't discourage me la bro... I like the lip la... :love:
planning to go for Hamann M5 Edition Race but lack of capital only... plus my wife will definitely pulas my telinga for spending more than 30k on that Edition Race bodykit... itu pun belum cakap pasal offset rim lagi :( all in total 50k!!!
Rim... hmm... wanted a 19" but my wife leter kat tepi... maybe wait after one or two years first la.
Side mirror... wanted to change to M5 type... but the near RM 5k tag really hold me there... I also want the LCI Tail Light... but that also cost about RM4.5k... sigh... so many projects that I wanna do yet so little bullet to shoot!

P.S: Can notice some improvement in pick-up due to backpressure reduction :D love the sound too!!!

thule...just my opinion on the lip so don't take it seriously...hehehe

always remember that beauty is on the eye of the beholder... :p

how much it cost u for the remus quad...since it adds power i also interested liau...hehehe

OK... there are 2 types... one with thicker exhaust tip and the other one thinner.. of course the thick one will make ur car look cun... I'd been quoted RM5600 (thin) and RM5900 (thick).
Of course... the price can be negotiated... I'll PM you on where and what price I've got ok??? Don't wanna give hard times to the outlet :D

thule;368067 said:
OK... there are 2 types... one with thicker exhaust tip and the other one thinner.. of course the thick one will make ur car look cun... I'd been quoted RM5600 (thin) and RM5900 (thick).
Of course... the price can be negotiated... I'll PM you on where and what price I've got ok??? Don't wanna give hard times to the outlet

tenkiu bro...:D

My next project...
CCC - either installing Dension together with Alpine/Eclipse reverse camera, Garmin Gvn53, Alpine DVD player, iPod connector, USB connector... all can be controlled using Active Steering

OR complete CCC conversion from Japanese to UK/MYS specs... not much gain except for radio fequency and ability to play MP3 using the original BMW player + MalSing Map ver2008... no reverse camera, DVD player, iPod + USB connector...

What you think?

Made up my mind... instead of changing the whole CCC from Japanese specs to UK/MYS specs, I will add an interface to the existing CCC... other stuff that will be added in:
1) Alpine Reverse Camera
2) Kenwood Single Din DVD player with MP3, VCD, WMA, WAV, radio capability
3) Garmin Gvn53 (latest in the market)
4) Dension - with USB and iPod connector wire provided

Advantages:
1) Aux In not a problem anymore... doesn't have to use radio frequency to channel the sound to speakers
2) Still able to control through the buttons in the Steering

Total cost = RM9000!!!

Image645.jpg

Image641.jpg

Image642.jpg

Image643.jpg

Image644.jpg

Image646.jpg

Project completed :D
I did Progman from the original v25 to v30... the car now feel smoother when accelerating.. and AuxIn is shown in the CCC.
Dension is not needed anymore since the software has been updated... this is due to the malfunction of CD Changer in my car. I had to take risk... as the CCC can go 'kong' during software update (Japan spec)
All are shown in full screen... which is great! The only setback is that I have to reach deep in order to change CD/MP3/DVD... luckily there's remote control to save most of the hassle of play pause stop forward rewind, change channel, etc...

Top Bottom