Proton Chancellor

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by thinice@Dec 28 2005, 02:12 PM
put that v6 in standard waja, strengthened the suspension (esp the absorber), put in that steptronic gearbox from Savvy and sell it for 85K.
The savvy has a steptronic gearbox? Wa!

If not for the continuing protectionist policies, Plotong would have been 6 feet under ground and probably completed the decomposition process.

What I really wish Plotong would go is plunk in the 2.0 liter 190ps engine developed jointly by Sauber and Petronas and coupled with the AMT transmission will surely make many to consider getting the car. Ah..wishful thinking... :D

Originally posted by ace99@Dec 30 2005, 05:22 PM
that kinda spec will cost u 800k, coz plotong boleh..
Rm800k?....plotong better Zhanggg the Waja..more. :D

No choice..because of the manipulation of the tax structure...if not, proton close shop long time ago..given choice..who want to buy proton...nobody want..we malaysian are been ripped off by buying proton...by buying imported car..we are equally ripped of by few of the warm seat AP holder due to very high tax...

Proton Vs Goverment Vs AP Holder...no matter who win..malaysian lose...

Sad but true.. :cry:

Originally posted by ALBundy@Dec 30 2005, 04:54 PM
What I really wish Plotong would go is plunk in the 2.0 liter 190ps engine developed jointly by Sauber and Petronas and coupled with the AMT transmission will surely make many to consider getting the car. Ah..wishful thinking... :D
Now no more news on the 2.0 engine with 200ps and 200Nm.

One thing is that it's not cost effective to mass build the engine with the same spec.

Another thing could be that the jokers from both sides want to make money out of the deal but tak jadi. Hence no deal.

fark...just a simple facelift and some accessories plus a little more squeeze from the engine bay would have done the farking job.

Over ambitious bastards :D

Originally posted by three28@Dec 31 2005, 02:14 PM
fark...just a simple facelift and some accessories plus a little more squeeze from the engine bay would have done the farking job.

Over ambitious bastards :D
exactly my sentiments....well said!!!!!!!!

Old but still makes me smile each time I read this.... Proton - Asia's Answer to BMW... :D

------
Over-priced Proton’s got no clothes
John Shingleton

ALREADY this year, we’ve seen what, hopefully, will be the low point for
automotive advertising.

Proton is a Malaysian car manufacturer which has been selling cars in
Australia since 1996. It has not been an easy five years for the brand.
There have been a number of changes of management and strategy along the
way.

Sales have been difficult but this is not surprising as Australia is a
tough market and Malaysia doesn’t exactly spring to mind as one of the
world’s automotive engineering nations.

Proton competes in the bottom sector of the market against product from
Hyundai, Kia, Nissan, Toyota, Holden, Mitsubishi, and Daewoo. This is a
“take no prisoners” sector which is extremely price-sensitive and where
margins are paper-thin or worse. In 2001, Proton only managed 1705
sales, down from 2742 in 2000.

Late last year in what I’m sure Proton management saw as a visionary
breakout move, they decided to position the brand away from the ‘hell’s
kitchen’ at the bottom of the market and move up into the rarefied
atmosphere of European brands such as VW, Audi and BMW.

They initiated the process by starting the pricing of their new model,
the Waja, at $27,990 and telling the motoring media at the launch which
European products they saw as its competitors.

The hard-bitten motoring journos could not contain their mirth. The
general consensus was that the car is at least $10,000 over-priced and
is mediocre even against its real competitors in the bottom sector of
the market.

The Sydney Morning Herald Drive section said it was the worst car they
evaluated in 2001 and even by their harsh standards it was given a
severe caning.

None of this seems to have deterred the marketing team at Proton and
their agency, Brave New World. They’ve come up with an outdoor campaign
with the headline, “Why is WAJA Asia’s answer to BMW?”. The copy then
answers this question with “German Safety, Lotus Engineering and Asian
ingenuity”.

What a ridiculous and totally unbelievable proposition!

Here is a marginal Malaysian brand with a seriously overpriced and
apparently mediocre product seriously suggesting that they are a
competitor to one of the world’s great aspirational automotive brands,
which has been producing superbly engineered and marketed cars for many
years.

Imagine the conversation between the Mosman house wife who wants a
sparkling new BMW 318 only to hear that her husband has saved a heap of
money and bought her a Proton Waja instead? Instant divorce material!

The proposition doesn’t even work on another level, in that the buyer
who can only afford the Waja will not believe it is a BMW competitor
either. Even the buyers at the lowest price point in the car market know
BMW is a great brand—they are just waiting for the day they can afford
one.

In many ways this is a sad campaign because it seems to show that
despite all the literature, teachings and discussion on brands and brand
development in recent years, there are still people out there who
naively believe that if you spend money saying you are a premium brand
and you price like a premium brand, then people will believe you.

If only building premium brands was that easy!

Sorry Proton—pull these ads, save your money and invest it in
engineering and building great cars and marketing them stylishly and
consistently over dozens of years. Then you’ll be ready to run this
campaign.

John Shingleton worked in the motor industry for 33 years in Europe and
Australia. He was formerly MD of Land Rover Australia, and was also
responsible for the relaunch of MG. He now advises agencies and clients
on marketing issues and will write a regularcolumn for B&T Weekly
onautomotive marketing.

Originally posted by seb@Dec 28 2005, 11:47 AM
Yup. Backward Engineering for sure. Then again apparently they want to sell 1000 units per year. Definitely for the public market.
I just hope that this doesn't become the defacto executive company car once the Perdana is phased out.

Originally posted by supergripen@Dec 28 2005, 10:56 AM
i think the Waja is a pretty good platform..if only they'd screw the dashboard on better..
the Chancellor on the other hand in a waste of time,resource and manhours..it will also damage Proton's reputation among ordinary malaysians.
Proton is digging its own grave.
I thought proton oredi in a grave? just waiting someone to throw the soil into it....sad...so sad...

Originally posted by ace99@Dec 28 2005, 10:55 AM
138k for a leather interior & Perdana engine in a waja.
I would rather go for Altis 1.8 - better look, better built quality, better chassis, newer engine technology compare to Perdana, and still cost less than 138K!!

Who will buy a Waja Limo???

yes!I agree with all of you! Don't buy Proton. U guys would't want to buy proton when u guys are in the factory man. Installations are done like nobodys business. Cars that were damaged, they would just ketuk the body and repaint them man.

My V6 Perdana came out from the showroom with different colour tone (silver) on each door and hood. I complained but they ignored it. Since I knew somebody there, they agreed to repaint the car. What the heck is this? Do I need to know somebody inside proton just to get my car done? What politics is this? Is this professionalism?

My colleague's Perdana V6 (the so called top of the line of all Proton) geabox just failed after just 1 year at 55k mileage. Just slightly beyond the warranty which was just at 50K mileage (i think). It cost him RM18,000.00 to get a new gearbox. As you all know, Perdanas are know with their problematic gearbox. Another friend of mine also kena , and the car is less than a year at around 55k to 60k mileage.

SO u guys better think again of buying the CHANCELLOR, with its PINJAM engine from perdana as the engine will have problem with the problematic TEPETS, the clicking sound will drive you MAD! Most of my friends V6 already kena, inclusive mine.

I am also on the way to the mechanic to change my tepets at around Rm 1.5k to 1.7k. Yahoo ! Thats the way to spend money on the New Year 2006.
All for proton.

"Proton for Malaysians? ot Malaysians for Proton?" U guys decide lah. :angry: :angry:

:yahoo: :rofl: :eek:k:

Chancellor Anyone???

Yes!I agree with all of you! Don't buy Proton. U guys would't want to buy proton when u guys visit the factory man. Installations are done like nobodys business. Cars that were damaged, they would just ketuk the body and repaint them man. WHat??!!!! TUV???? Ha ha ha ha... Bull.....

My V6 Perdana came out from the showroom with different colour tone (silver) on each door and hood. I complained but they ignored it. Since I knew somebody there, they agreed to repaint the car. What the heck is this? Do I need to know somebody inside proton just to get my car done? What politics is this? Is this professionalism?

My colleague's Perdana V6 (the so called top of the line of all Proton) geabox just failed after just 1 year at 55k mileage. Just slightly beyond the warranty which was just at 50K mileage (i think). It cost him RM18,000.00 to get a new gearbox. As you all know, Perdanas are know with their problematic gearbox. Another friend of mine also kena , and the car is less than a year at around 55k to 60k mileage.

SO u guys better think again of buying the CHANCELLOR, with its PINJAM engine from perdana as the engine will have problem with the problematic TEPETS, the clicking sound will drive you MAD! Most of my friends V6 already kena, inclusive mine.

I am also on the way to the mechanic to change my tepets at around RM 1.5k to 1.7k. Yahoo ! Thats the way to spend money on the New Year 2006.
All for proton.

"Proton for Malaysians? or Malaysians for Proton?" U guys decide lah.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:angry:

Originally posted by flagdent@Jan 2 2006, 02:10 PM

I am also on the way to the mechanic to change my tepets at around RM 1.5k to 1.7k. Yahoo ! Thats the way to spend money on the New Year 2006.
All for proton.
flagdent,

What grade of engine oil r u using?

My friend (mechanic) told me that Perdana V6 engine will have tappets noise problem if using synthetic base engine oil (semi & fully) which having thinner viscosity. It could only use mineral grade engine oil :blink: .

May be you should try mineral grade after replacing ur tappets :yes: .

I have been using synhetic for already 5 years. Perhaps I will try yor suggestion.

My colleague on mineral said that his perdana's mileage reduces lah. :D

Top Bottom