Price for 3M and distributor

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Shiva2004

May I know the price for 3M for F30 and the authorised dealer in Klang Valley. Tq. I dont intend to do it in Glenmarie as feel maybe more expensive as my SA is a bit hanky panky and keep pushing me for a lot of stuffs and giving my contact frm new rims, spoilers dealers and so on. Thank you guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can have a look at the 3M website for a list of their dealers. I went to the Subang Jaya one and they did a good job tinting not only my windows but also my xenon lights and doors. Can't remember the price but I thought it was worth the money.

I believe there are 2 ways to do this tinted film (approved by BMW), I supposed.

1. Before collection of car, AB or whoever will ask you to do it for you.
2. After collected the car, go to appointed or approved laminated film dealer to do the tinted film.

Anyone has compared the price among these 2 circumstances ?

Shiva2004 said:
Got it done!! 2600 with safety tint. Good price and amazing workmanship
Good on you mate, there are options to tint your xenon lights and door sides and you can also tint the outer door handles so that finger nails could not damage the paint.

The promotion/freebie ones offered by BMW authorised dealers for the new cars - 3M 4 mil security tint is only for the 4 windows ? front and rear not included ?

Do 3M people go to the BMW dealer to tint or SA drive outside for tint ?

My advice to you would be to choose the tint specs carefully. The free ones given are usually one or two rungs lower than the highest spec. As I know, 3M has nanotint model which comes with the security tint feature but heat rejection is below their top range, Crystalline. If I were you, I'll pay a little more and get crystalline with added security tint.

When I hit my 520d from Quill, I was offered free Llumar security tint. I insisted I wanted to look into the specs of the free tint and true and behold, the TSER is much lower. I topped up another 1k for the top range, Palladium 9 (which retailed more than 3k)

I am planning to do 3M tint at AB for 330i which is being offered. But they are asking me to sign a letter of acknowledgement and indemnity. But there are 2 clauses make me very uncomfortable which are:

1. by installing the product on my vehicle, I shall be strictly liable for and fully responsible for any outcome of such installation, including but not limited to its effect on the vehicle, the visibility of the windscreen .............

2. I shall not hold the company accountable or responsible for any outcome as it is my request to the company to facilitate and/or arrange the sourcing and installation of the product onto my vehicle.

Does this mean, if the installation of the tint causes some of the sensors or equipments of the car (which have direct contact to the tint) not functioning or spoilt, AB will not be responsible?

Any one sign or did the tint at AB?

They asked me to sign a form on the tint thingy but in the end i didn't let AB do the tinting with 3M coz i found out that the tint package was on the lower end which is worth a few hundred rm only. Buy a car worth few hundred k and they give cheapo tint.......

My observation:
1. Doing officially thru a dealer is super expensive.
2. Doing thru SA is expensive.
3. Doing outside is best.

Assuming that a lower price and choosing the exact tint you want is important to you (you maybe too busy to do the run around and don't mind paying more), going to 3m Malaysia to search for their authorized applicators nearest to you and negotiate pricing is best.

Hi guys. Any if u did 3M tint through ingress's dealer? Heard that it's not original. I got the free tint offer & thinking of upgrading the spec to crystalline.

Usually, the free tint given is of lower quality. When I got my f10 from quill, llumar was given free. I insisted on checking the specs paying special attention to TSER or total solar energy rejection rate. I paid 1k extra for high end llumar palladium tint

3m Crystalline is very good and I've been using it for all my cars. For shop, I recommend one style pro tint, they are authorized 3m installer in Kuchai lama. Super workmanship. Look for boss, Mr fong, friendly guy. Mention Woo of BMW f10,he'll probably throw in protective film for headlights, sides of doors, inside door opening lever FOC.

I just got my 330i from Ingress Auto (Damansara) and now waiting for number plate to do interchange. So have some time to think about the tinting option.

The sales advisor suggested 3M Crystalline for RM 2.6k but mentioned that Smart Tag doesn't work... they normally leave a lubang near the rear view mirror for that... I find that quite leceh.

Any info sharing on the following?
- Is RM 2.6k for 3M Crystalline reasonable?
- What other brand / model of tint is comparable to Crystalline but can use the smart Tag?

I use crystalline with nano from 3M. It works with the black smart tag except that you have to slow down significantly. As you approach it will always fail but then suddenly beep to allow to go through.

I'm not sure about heat rejection since its relative but it's good I guess for short time or while driving. Leave outside for one hour it get hot just like any other tint

Top Bottom