Preferred diesel brand for 320d?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
jim2106;573309 said:
thanks for the informative chart..

no wonder i feel better with caltex

I would be convince if there was a colorific test done on the varying diesel as that is the more definitive test. In layman terms its to determine the amount of energy it is able to produce or release.

IsaacVky;573311 said:
Maniac,
Source is from the 3rd year mechanical student of the highest ranking university currently in the country. Test was conducted 3 weeks ago, fresh commercial pump diesel. The goal is to investigate the effect of varying diesel additive ratio on a single brand of diesel & varying diesel fuel brand with recommended ratio of diesel additive on the performance of a 4-stroke diesel engine.

What's the additive in use during the student's research? Is it available in retail? Is there an equivalent control test with no additive in use?

Also if I recall only Caltex has an additive in their diesel locally (Techron D) which a lot of people swear by.

http://bit.ly/brSQJS

So far...only use Caltax. Have been getting 850-900km out of a tank of Caltex diesel. I drive a mix of bumper to bumper crawls (~60%) and highway driving (~40%)

Top Bottom