Power kit and 6 potter on the 320d

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

carlsson

Club Guest
Just wanna share with everyone my initial review of the above..Got my car back yesterday evening from quill.. After leaving it there for 2 days, and driving their loaner 320i (torturous drive..there was no fun and all), I couldn't wait to take the car put for a spin. However due to yesterday's evening rain, I couldn't really feel much of a diff, so went home, and came out again around 1030pm , and drove from penchala to nkve and back home.Verdict is ...it's just awesome....The extra torque can be felt straight away, and pulling all the way through the powerband. Obviously the brakes were still new but the bite is pretty obvious so once it wears in I cant wait to feel the actual bite. Was driving in D and DS and haven't really pushed it on manual, but that'll be my task today.. Heh heh..However my store room is now stuffed with the changed parts..starting to look like a mechanics parts room ..haha..

and if i may ask,whats with the 6 potter on the 320d? just curious..

namidub;690605 said:
and if i may ask,whats with the 6 potter on the 320d? just curious..
n i thought 6potter oil burner 330d with power kit + 6potter bbk...

munk3ong;690628 said:
n i thought 6potter oil burner 330d with power kit + 6potter bbk...

Haha.. Sorry guys for the confusion..should have put bbk to end the confusion! Thanks to astroboy for clarification!

the brake upgrade for front wheels right? How much is it plus installation?

DJH;690984 said:
the brake upgrade for front wheels right? How much is it plus installation?

I paid about rm7300 for fronts in cluding installation. It was part of the deal when I bought the car in order for me to lump it up with my loan

Cool.
I may consider it and also back brakes. Now, to think about vector and struts.

DJH;691200 said:
Cool.
I may consider it and also back brakes. Now, to think about vector and struts.

Ever considered DTUK instead of vector? Multi-channel technology connecting both to the turbo and common rail sensors. :D
End result is the same though, your car goes faster :D

right now, after being chased by lots of GTIs, rx8s and Myvis, am really considering the powerkit. Would love the extra horses and torque.

gameover;691366 said:
Ever considered DTUK instead of vector? Multi-channel technology connecting both to the turbo and common rail sensors. :D
End result is the same though, your car goes faster :D

what's the difference between DTUK and vector? Which is better

DJH;691490 said:
what's the difference between DTUK and vector? Which is better

OK commercial starts here :D Both are tuning boxes. Both make your car go faster.

DTUK is a well known tuning outfit in the UK, google them up or check the online forums. The hardware is from Germany IINM but the packaging/customization is done in the UK. They specialize in diesel tuning for passenger cars and the owner drives a tuned E90 BMW 330d. I've had incredible support and help from him and have had no problems for more than 6 months ownership. It's newer technology, attached to the common rail and turbo sensors. It's also more expensive :D I've been wanting to dyno my car but I've been on ULSD/Euro5 diesel from SG for the past few weeks so I didn't think it would be a fair comparison.

Vector is Malaysian based, although their tuning box hardware is from Europe as well from what I understand. They started out with diesel pickups but have ventured into diesel passenger cars including BMWs. It's slightly simpler technology, connected to the common rail sensor only but the end result is still a faster car :D It's slightly cheaper. wuk dynoed his car and got some staggering numbers. Do a search.

A bunch of us tried all 3 (DTUK, Vector and the Powerkit) back to back. The Vector was on wuk51's 184hp car and was slightly faster than the DTUK on my 177hp car on the LDP. Both cars felt more responsive than the Powerkit 320d :D The Powerkit has nice smooth power, the tuning box gives you a kick in the ass :D

Personally if you already have a remap via the powerkit, I'd go for the newer technology DTUK. PM me for details.

Vector is from Germany, hardware and chip also from Germany, fuel map also from Germany.
Only things that based in Malaysia is the dealer :p
Just that the dealer in Malaysia are capable of doing tunings to the chip according to the user needs, which the program also came from Germany.
Vector is 100% transferable to any commonrail vehicle provided if returned, reprogrammed and purchase the different connectors from the dealer.
Vector came with preset fuel map from the Vector in German, which is custom tuneable by the local dealer if requested.

We have started out in commonrail pickup trucks, SUV, MPV, sedans. As long as it's a commonrail, we have it all covered. Different connector? No problem !

I personally have been using some dual channel in one of my turbodiesel, by controlling the MAF sensors, all i can say is the power is alot smoother than aggressive kicks.

DJH;693432 said:
so which is better DTUK or Vector?

End result is the same, your car goes faster. I can say that the dual-channel is smoother in my car if I'm using ULSD, no difference if I'm using Euro 2M :D
I personally like higher tech equipment and I think the BMW N47 turbodiesel engine deserves the 2-channel version :D if you can't do the Powerkit.

i already have power kit installed so now deliberating DTUK or Vector.

noob question....
with the quest for mind boggling torque and speed, can our GB take the load??
with my stock i hit 220 once, balls kecut sebelah ady :18:
but its DAMN EXHILARATING!

Top Bottom