Porche joyride ends with critical accident

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

okow

Club Guest
Beware of the workshops you patronise. What a waste....both to live and vehicle.Porsche joyride ends with one dead and two injuredEmail to friend Print article http://www.nst.com.my/Thursday/National/20070809072947/insidepix1The Porsche (above) crashed at an underpass in Jalan Tun Razak yesterday, killing backseat passenger Chong Wai Hon (inset).KUALA LUMPUR: A joyride in a Porsche which was sent to his workshop for servicing, turned disastrous for a foreman when he wrecked the car and killed a friend in the process. The incident happened about 12.30am yesterday in Jalan Tun Razak, when the 23-year-old was driving towards Cheras with two friends."The driver was negotiating a bend at an underpass in Jalan Tun Razak when he lost control of the vehicle which crashed into the wall, smashing the rear of the car," a traffic police spokesman said."The back seat passenger, Chong Wai Hon, 23, died on the spot of severe head injuries," he said.The foreman, who was driving the car, and the other friend, a university student, sustained serious bodily injuries. They were reported to be in stable condition at the Kuala Lumpur Hospital. Police will record their statements soon.All three victims were trapped inside the wreckage before they were pulled out by passing motorists.Police are investigating whether the car was speeding prior to the crash and are trying to locate its owner.Chong’s body was taken to the Kuala Lumpur Hospital mortuary for a post-mortem.Met at the mortuary yesterday, Chong’s mother, who refused to be identified, said her son helped his father at the family’s foodstall in Wangsa Maju."He came back home about 10pm on Tuesday and went out two hours later, saying he was going for supper with friends," said the 50-year-old woman."That was the last time I saw him."

always tragic when the loss of a live happens..sometimes problem is ppl drive a porsche and think they can corner at high speeds anywhere anytime anyhow >_< lesson learnt i hope!

the porsche is hard car to handle, must have lifted off the acc pedal.. but there's always road works under this tunnel..

very sad story..i wonder how the mechanic will say his end of story to his customer..

always make sure the mechanic is the one u trust,don't simply let a unknow well mechanic to drive out your car!

Lesson to learn... no matter how good our car is, we should always drive within the speed limit and our own limit.

Porche is known to have a slippery rear end.. if you know about Porche's...
all in all a pity to lose a life at any time...
especially a passenger. atleast the driver if he dies had control of the vehicle. passenger is just a bystander

wonder how the owner will respond when he see his car... :eek:
and how is he going to settle with the mechanic... :secruity:

THE STAR, Friday 10th Aug, 2007
Page N10

Another tragic accident.............

A joyride turned tragic for four friends when three of them were killed after the Mercedes Benz S350L they were travelling in crashed into a guardhouse, in front of a luxury apartment not far from Kampung Pandan roundabout in Jalan Tun Razak

May their poor souls rest in peace!

Jerman;238651 said:
THE STAR, Friday 10th Aug, 2007
Page N10

Another tragic accident.............

A joyride turned tragic for four friends when three of them were killed after the Mercedes Benz S350L they were travelling in crashed into a guardhouse, in front of a luxury apartment not far from Kampung Pandan roundabout in Jalan Tun Razak

May their poor souls rest in peace!

That stretch has claimed a few lives ..

What's with Jln Tun Razak....2 fatal luxury car accidents with joy riders who crash and die....some more yesterday's one was at 5.30pm...Isnt Jln Tun Razak usually bumper to bumper at that time?

okow;238678 said:
What's with Jln Tun Razak....2 fatal luxury car accidents with joy riders who crash and die....some more yesterday's one was at 5.30pm...Isnt Jln Tun Razak usually bumper to bumper at that time?

Now after reading the NST which says that the accident occured at 6.00am. Now this makes more sense to my above query.

535i, devilfan & okow,

wat if after tonite's TT at tupai-tupai we slowly convoy passing thru tis ghost tunnel? hehehehe

Bailey;238697 said:
535i, devilfan & okow,

wat if after tonite's TT at tupai-tupai we slowly convoy passing thru tis ghost tunnel? hehehehe

Dun wan ...

I stay alone - nanti got 'things' follow me back one ... :creep:

That road has too many rises and dips in it, very dangerous especially at speed because the wheels can momentarily lose traction and send the car out of control.

A combination of recklessness and poorly engineered roads IMHO.

things

535i;238700 said:
Dun wan ...

I stay alone - nanti got 'things' follow me back one ... :creep:

good wat at least nanti u got TEMAN maaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh :rock: :top:

Bailey;238703 said:
good wat at least nanti u got TEMAN maaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh :rock: :top:

CHOI !!! choi choi choi choi .... :68: ...

Tonite i go back to my parents house .... :69:

Top Bottom