Optimum No Rinse

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
ONR cannot (and not designed to) replace a proper wash - there are many things normal wash can do but ONR cannot.

ONR need to work together with existing protection - the healthier the existing protection (wax/sealant/coating) the better ONR would work.

Just my personal observations and experience...I'm on my 2nd gallon of ONR.

Regards.

kc's;544751 said:
thanks for sharing

not that i notice off, why not do a thorough wash again.....suggest u to get a clay bar & pick up all the paint above contaminations...

eg if u r going for facial ...u would desire the root cause to be taken out prior applying conditioner or cream

surface preparations is the key of a great finish

do give a try :top:

thank for advice:top: i think this might be the dirty surface on my car that cause the problem. will do a thorough wash over the weekend. cheers..

KrisMas;544825 said:
ONR cannot (and not designed to) replace a proper wash - there are many things normal wash can do but ONR cannot.

ONR need to work together with existing protection - the healthier the existing protection (wax/sealant/coating) the better ONR would work.

Just my personal observations and experience...I'm on my 2nd gallon of ONR.

Regards.

this is what i thought so, so really got to do the whole process wash, clay, polish, wax, seal.... all this will break my back!! :bawling: But for the gloss look :16: still got to do it.. cheers

mikeyC;544868 said:
thank for advice:top: i think this might be the dirty surface on my car that cause the problem. will do a thorough wash over the weekend. cheers..

this is what i thought so, so really got to do the whole process wash, clay, polish, wax, seal.... all this will break my back!! :bawling: But for the gloss look :16: still got to do it.. cheers

Any chance to see your awesome ride bro? Haha. Glossy looking and all. :top:

Another ONR user here.

Just wondering... is it better to wipe-on vs spray-on the wash solution before wiping off?

darylchan;548631 said:
Another ONR user here.

Just wondering... is it better to wipe-on vs spray-on the wash solution before wiping off?

Bro so far I've tried both. Cos I followed KC's recommendation to keep a small spray bottle filled with ONR, diluted with water, in case of bird droppings and tree sap etc.

Of course, the effect will be better if we have a small pail diluted with ONR, cos using a spray and wiping it with microfibre doesn't give the same satisfaction to me.

That's just my two cents la. :D

IMHO the advantage of the spray-on method would be less wastage cos u only use as much solution as you need. To wash my whole car I dilute 2 capfuls in about 1/3 of a bucket of water, and at the end I throw away about half a bucket of solution.

darylchan;548642 said:
IMHO the advantage of the spray-on method would be less wastage cos u only use as much solution as you need. To wash my whole car I dilute 2 capfuls in about 1/3 of a bucket of water, and at the end I throw away about half a bucket of solution.

Ah yes, I forgotten about the wastage part. Sorry bro!

You're right. But it is advisable to let's say, keep the pail of ONR [used already] for probably overnight in case the next morning can reuse to give the car a quick wipedown?

I tend to keep the pail for at least a couple of days before throwing it away and using a new solution.

What I usually do is after wiping the body, I'll use the remainder to wash the rims, and by then, the pail would be super dirty cos of the brake grime picked up from the rims, so I'd throw the balance by then.

darylchan;548648 said:
Wonder whats the difference in terms of effectiveness?

Bro, a spray will definitely reduce wastage of ONR. But in my opinion, a really wet microfibre dipped in the pail of ONR solution, would probably work much better than one which is dry and used to wipe off the ONR which has been sprayed onto the surface.

darylchan;548631 said:
Another ONR user here.

darylchan;548648 said:
Wonder whats the difference in terms of effectiveness?
I think a combination would be best, especially if the surface is very dirty.

Spray some on and let soak so that ONR would work on the dirt and lift and encapsulate some of it off. Then go
the normal route. This would make it *safer*.

By the way, if you're using 2BM ( i.e. one for ONR and one for rinsing so the ONR is not contaminated) don't throw it away as you can actually store the left-overs for your next ONR wash. As long as you don't expose the diluted ONR to direct sunlight whilst putting something on top of the pail/bucket to prevent airborne dirt to settle in it, it should still be as effective and can stay that way for weeks on ends (think ONR in the bottle).

Regards.

KrisMas;548709 said:
I think a combination would be best, especially if the surface is very dirty.

Spray some on and let soak so that ONR would work on the dirt and lift and encapsulate some of it off. Then go
the normal route. This would make it *safer*.

By the way, if you're using 2BM ( i.e. one for ONR and one for rinsing so the ONR is not contaminated) don't throw it away as you can actually store the left-overs for your next ONR wash. As long as you don't expose the diluted ONR to direct sunlight whilst putting something on top of the pail/bucket to prevent airborne dirt to settle in it, it should still be as effective and can stay that way for weeks on ends (think ONR in the bottle).

Regards.

Thanks for the lowdown Krismas bro!

I think if i was gonna do a 2 bucket wash I'd be doing it with a proper car wash rather than ONR...

Having said that, maybe I'll just make half-portions of ONR solution from now on to save.

Eggie86;548831 said:
Thanks for the lowdown Krismas bro!
Most welcome.

darylchan;548845 said:
I think if i was gonna do a 2 bucket wash I'd be doing it with a proper car wash rather than ONR...
It's still safer to have a bucket of rinsing water to rinse off the dirt picked up on the mash media before dipping it into the ONR solution again. Either that or use free flowing (from hose) water. Just another tip from a swirl-o-phobia me.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

KrisMas;548896 said:
Most welcome.

It's still safer to have a bucket of rinsing water to rinse off the dirt picked up on the mash media before dipping it into the ONR solution again. Either that or use free flowing (from hose) water. Just another tip from a swirl-o-phobia me.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hmm, good idea. I think I better start using another bucket to rinse the debris picked up from the car before dipping it into the ONR. :D

needless to raise the alarm

there is no need of the 2nd bucket otherwise the founder or manufacture have stated ...this & that ...bla bla bla

CLOTHs is the main thing...how often do u change yr micro fibers....i recommended you to maintain your washing cloths.....ensuring the plushiness maintained otherwise...change...imagine if u buy a $60 magnet towel...most probably u will use till it gave way

recommended a frequently changing your micro fibers...once every 3-4 months

do not use back the same cloth for wheels & rims for your car paint....like wise we do not use floor rag on our face...do not transfers from A & giving to B

Rinse off in the bucket every time you re-soak in for more..as it encapsulates up from the car body in your micro fibers ......as it changes the water tension...the dust will be trap at the bottom

At the end of the day ....enjoy your ride.....spending less time off the washing more on driving & family....

have lots of fun

darylchan;548845 said:

Having said that, maybe I'll just make half-portions of ONR solution from now on to save.

bro i would suggest use as how it was suppose to be
neednt to do this or that other wise rest of the world does it too
do not alter manufacture recommendation..you may improvised....

the secret of wash is not in the wash itself....it is the driver behind the wheel, how often & how careful the car has been cared for

washing is only one of them.....wax..... do it lesser but more fequent

kc's;548930 said:
bro i would suggest use as how it was suppose to be
neednt to do this or that other wise rest of the world does it too
do not alter manufacture recommendation..you may improvised....

the secret of wash is not in the wash itself....it is the driver behind the wheel, how often & how careful the car has been cared for

washing is only one of them.....wax..... do it lesser but more fequent

Yeah. Still prefer one bucket method for the convenience. Seriously save a lot more water this way, compared to my previous efforts of using Tupps Wash and Wax solution, which required me having to have a bucket for the solution and another just to rinse off the dirt.

Anyways, I followed Krismas's recommendation of using the spray to agitate the dirt which had hardened onto the surface, and after awhile I just wiped over with a wet towel and off it went, so easily! :top:

Top Bottom