O2 sensors - what do they do????

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ssmann

Club Guest
mizhan;592401 said:
aah... our ssmann has been busy educating himself i see. good boy!

My mech is a legend when it comes to the M52....no headaches, one shot diagnosis and prob solved. But he not so pro when it comes to S50....so I have to learn....which is good too....hehehehehehe

O2 sensor (lamda) is the most neglected item coz even it is deteriorated, the engine will still run but not at the optimum level. But then, O2 sensors are pricey in Malaysia (for e39 with BMW logo made by Bosch RM1,200 each and OEM by Bosch RM520.00 each). Bought mine online from a USA site for USD 69.00 each.

ssmann;592456 said:
My mech is a legend when it comes to the M52....no headaches, one shot diagnosis and prob solved.

Bro mind to share your mech workshop name and location.
Thanks

herbert;592481 said:
O2 sensor (lamda) is the most neglected item coz even it is deteriorated, the engine will still run but not at the optimum level. But then, O2 sensors are pricey in Malaysia (for e39 with BMW logo made by Bosch RM1,200 each and OEM by Bosch RM520.00 each). Bought mine online from a USA site for USD 69.00 each.

bro Herbert, you bought yours with BMW logo for that price or OEM by Bosch? I wonder how much the E46 will cost?

herbert;592481 said:

Ebay US? I am interested.

Alex5522;592502 said:
ssmann;592456 said:
My mech is a legend when it comes to the M52....no headaches, one shot diagnosis and prob solved.

Bro mind to share your mech workshop name and location.
Thanks

Bro, WP Auto in Pandan Mewah, near Titan. Look for Albert.

after changing O2 sensor, fuel consumption improves..
before changing, i was averaging about 400km for 50 litres of fuel...
after changing, i am averaging about 450km for same amount of fuel.. i will continue monitoring. :)

herbert;592481 said:

herbert,

Any chance you organize group buy for O2 sensor?

zun;600507 said:
herbert,

Any chance you organize group buy for O2 sensor?

Hmmmm..good suggestion. If herbert feel hassle, i will take turn..:4:

I just changed the O2 sensors. But the OBC reading is 11.4l/100km, previous reading was 11.9l/100km. Is it ok? I run on 19".

Me too waiting for group buy, have the OEM and Bosch part no ready....who's the good samaritan this time around????

Top Bottom