O2 sensor error code

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

alipon@bmw

Club Guest
Hi guys,Need your help on this...My ride e36 M50b25. Sometime in Jan,08 my fuel comsumption suddenly increase from around 12L/100km to around 16L/100km so i send it to have a diagnosis and found out that there is an error code on my O2 sensor, erase the error but it come back after a short drive. So conclusion by my mech O2 sensor 'koyak' , so change it to a new one which cost me RM800++. Everything went back to normal until last month my FC increase again. So send it for a check again.. Again is the O2 sensor errror code... Try to erase it but the error came back again after a short drive... So my mech supected there might be some leak in the hose underneath the manifold... so check n check, everything seem ok... Finally he decided to change my 'new' O2 sensor to a good condition used O2 sensor the see whether is it my O2 sensor 'koyak 'again and again the error code after a short drive...This time around my mech told me that it might be my ECU... he's willing to lend me a use ECU to try first... but i still haven't send my car for the ECU swap...So guys, anyone of you here have such experience before or anyone know whats the root cause of this issue..Thanks in advance

Top Bottom