O2 Sensor Control Range Block ??

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
cythomas83;693382 said:
bro...would u mind to share how to clean the ICV?bcoz i wanted to clean it too... :)

I bring to workshop, by telling them the problem, so they suspect is icv, workshop fellow clean for me. Need to uninstall quite some stuff to take out the icv. Not that easy. I think u should bring to workshop.

cythomas83;693378 said:
havent pay yet :p
coz is my fren garage...and he took the O2 Sensor for the other BMW engine for me to test first...

Don't forget to update us when you settle your bill with your friend. thanks

clavenk;693530 said:
I bring to workshop, by telling them the problem, so they suspect is icv, workshop fellow clean for me. Need to uninstall quite some stuff to take out the icv. Not that easy. I think u should bring to workshop.

Yup agreed wt u, it need to take out some part which obstruct when need to dismantle the ICV. I ask my mechanic to it for me too last time, and pls..don't forgot to ask your mechanic to clean the throttle body as well.

can anyone suggest a place which is very experience in solving such problem workshop? i got no fault code, most of the workshop like dunno what to do with my car edi. haih

B33mEr;692839 said:
You need to check your Idle Control Valve (ICV) most probably it's clogged or check for vacuum leak at the intake boot. That's the usual culprit.

Mr car engine is M43 and how i wish my car have idle control valve but it's idle regulating valve and i m not sure how to clean it.. :(

4.png

item 9 is the idle regulating valve...

cythomas83;693689 said:
Mr car engine is M43 and how i wish my car have idle control valve but it's idle regulating valve and i m not sure how to clean it.. :(

4.png

item 9 is the idle regulating valve...

Does the same thing as ICV, different terms but same meaning :4: ... Take it to an experienced BMW workshop they should know what to do. But if you're handy with the tools then below are some links for you to look up:-

Here's a DIY writeup for to clean ICV on an M42
http://www.bmwe36blog.com/2007/06/23/cleaning-e36-icv-idle-control-valve-diy/

One more on bimmerforums UK
http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f17/icv-pcv-316i-m43-other-t821/

[video=youtube;rkMomQJv9cU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkMomQJv9cU[/video]

My symptom

aidilj , did u mean if i disconnected the pre car i shouldnt feel that anymore? I still don;t understand, the article need voltmeter and propane to test, look pretty complex.
By the way, did you guy know any universal o2 sensor can buy from amazon that can fit our car? ab is selling 1k for both pre cat. is damn expensive. Please help.

Regulating lambda probe
11 78 7 503 441
L=570MM
Right-hand drive

Regulating lambda probe
11 78 1 437 586
L=990MM
Right-hand drive

cythomas83;693382 said:
bro...would u mind to share how to clean the ICV?bcoz i wanted to clean it too... :)

Bro just sharing my experience wt you about the ICV stuck pls..refer to my posting:-
http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?40064-Error-code-P1501-Idle-Speed-Control-Valve-Stuck-Closed&highlight=
My EML warning icon will lights up on my case, but i am not sure how about yours. Any how should thanksfull to our's sifu Jarance for his advise on thiscase of mine. I remember i still hutang a meal to him he..he..

today...
changed..fuel pump...fuel filter...cleaned the throtte body and Idle regulating valve...
first after cleaned the throtte body and idle regulating valve,i took out for a spin...it feels great and no more idle problem..but when i on my way back to the garage..IT CAME again...poor idle..and engine went died when i stop at the traffic light and hard to start the engine alive.. :(
went back to the garage and change the fuel pump and fuel filter...
started the car with the same problem...poor idle and can feel the car shaking :( somemore the check engine light ON..you guys can see my car poor idle at the below video
[video=youtube;eBiVIJ6WIcY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBiVIJ6WIcY[/video]

get it diagnosed, with the code 141 O2 sensor control range block AGAIN..
First is the camshaft sensor error,after changed then O2 sensor error,after changed then Fuel power system error then now back to O2 sensor error AGAIN~~!!
my mech told me now could be the MAF sensor problem :( but not confirm yet...
below let me show u wat i have done today :

1.take out the Throtte body and Idle Regulating Valve for Clean
IMG_1226.jpg

IMG_1224.jpg

2.the new fuel pump and fuel filter
IMG_1231.jpg

3.the VERY DIRTY fuel that pour out from the Used fuel filter
IMG_1233.jpg

below is the important..need some advise from all sifu :)
it's the long hose with "fuel" wordings on it and the only number i can see frm there is 1705271 but i cant find this part and dunno what this part call and the only thing i know it's connected between the intake airbox with the throtte body...but what i can see it has a lot of crack line on this hose n due to time being this hose harden already...is this the cause of my poor idle??? or still the MAF sensor? Thanks :)
IMG_1227.jpg

clavenk;693746 said:
aidilj , did u mean if i disconnected the pre car i shouldnt feel that anymore? I still don;t understand, the article need voltmeter and propane to test, look pretty complex.
By the way, did you guy know any universal o2 sensor can buy from amazon that can fit our car? ab is selling 1k for both pre cat. is damn expensive. Please help.

Regulating lambda probe
11 78 7 503 441
L=570MM
Right-hand drive

Regulating lambda probe
11 78 1 437 586
L=990MM
Right-hand drive

clavenk;693748 said:
By the way how do i disconnect the 2 pre cat? is this the connector?

step13.jpg

Disconnecting the sensor is for debug purpose, the engine needs both MAF and O2 sensor to get best idle. Without the o2 sensor the engine would use a default mapping. So if you disconnect the O2 sensor and the engine stop pulsating, we can say that either O2 or MAF is bad. In my case, the O2 sensor error came up so obviously something wrong there. clavenk, try plug in INPA and read the DME error message.

On mine, the pulsating will be gone after awhile - I think after the DME concluded that the O2 sensor is kaput.

The page that contain that image says that is the post cat O2 connector http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=293116
please have a look.

Guys, take my diagnostic skill with a pinch of salt, I'm not a mechanic. This is all what I understand through reading the net.

cythomas83;693863 said:
below is the important..need some advise from all sifu :)
it's the long hose with "fuel" wordings on it and the only number i can see frm there is 1705271 but i cant find this part and dunno what this part call and the only thing i know it's connected between the intake airbox with the throtte body...but what i can see it has a lot of crack line on this hose n due to time being this hose harden already...is this the cause of my poor idle??? or still the MAF sensor? Thanks :)
IMG_1227.jpg

Your mechanic also dont know what hose is that?

Time to change workshop and get 2nd opinion bro.

bmw7833;693898 said:
Your mechanic also dont know what hose is that?

Time to change workshop and get 2nd opinion bro.

haha bro..that's my fren lol...so no choice have to stick with him..somemore he count me the parts original price :p

cythomas83;693900 said:
haha bro..that's my fren lol...so no choice have to stick with him..somemore he count me the parts original price :p

Fried is friend but if he can not get to the right point, why stick to him?

clavenk;693746 said:

Regulating lambda probe
11 78 7 503 441
L=570MM
Right-hand drive

Regulating lambda probe
11 78 1 437 586
L=990MM
Right-hand drive

Bro, first are you sure the o2 sensor is gone? Yes the Bosch o2 sensor are generic, you just need to rewire them to fit your car

finally found the hose...it's called Hose Elbow (No.3 in the pic) of the fuel tank breather valve...
my problem could be the fuel tank breather valve...any comment?
MTUzNjY4X3A=.png

This is just my suggestion:-
1) Check again for vacuum leaks

2) Check your DISA - Might be unrelated but since you're there why not check it :4:

3) Clean your MAF sensor (try to get CRC MAF Cleaner if cannot get use electronic contact cleaner) or if possible try to get someone's else MAF and try it on your car :- Item no.1 - http://realoem.com/bmw/diagrams/j/h/26.png

4) Check your PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation) :- http://forums.eurocca.net/showthread.php/38113-318i-engine-stalling :- It describes the same problem as yours

5) Try to get another ICV and install it and see whether the problem is still there or not becuse there's the possibility it's actually broken

Top Bottom