New tyres

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by mini_jeff67@Apr 3 2006, 05:36 PM
Fire, now all 4 are T1Rs? Got stock oredi ha?
Yup..all four corner are T1-R.. :p ..Can't wait to get rid of the GIII on the rear:angry:...give me a mild headache everytime drive the car...thr always roaring sound from the rear... after put in the T1R....whoahhhhh....it improve dramatically....but I still keep the GIII since the tread still new about 25-30% wear...

Originally posted by valkryie@Apr 3 2006, 10:49 PM
In what ways do you think that the T1-R is not to be considered as a UHP tires?
True UHP are really noisy one...sticky grippy..typical UHP tyres is Falken RT615, S02, S03...very stiff sidewall...don't really understand why the industry label T1R as UHP category...

After read the review below & comparing to what I feel ...that is my 2 sen comment :D
http://www.1010tires.com/tirereviews/Toyo_...re_reviews.html

Originally posted by graffika@Mar 13 2006, 11:47 AM
drive beemer cannot save on tyres lar... with all the safety features included..the only thing that keeps u on the road are the tyres...

ps2 is superb, i got mine last month 4 tyres ,18" total with balancing , alignment etc .. rm4230.00
omg...ps2 realy so expensive...
what bout firenza??any coment with it?i am using it but duno whether is good or not. :blink:

Hi Fire,

I think the T1-R noise is just at my threshold. Any nosier i don't think i can take it. My car sound like a truck now :lol:

Btw just had the opportunity to test out my tires in the wet this afternoon. Not too bad. Stable in the wet and the tire has not aquaplan once during the heavy downpour along the NKVE.

sound like you are switching from comfort tyre to performance based tyre...hehehehhe...if your previous sidewall is tall better stick to comfort based tyres...because tall sidewall does not equate to better handling... :D

go CSC2 la. i had done 6000over km on it. so far the most impressed tyre among the top range.

suitable for our roads.

Hi Fire,

Just got back from cambodia. Did a lot of tomb raiding with lara croft and my booty is lots of good photos :D.

I am now using a 35 profile tire so is quite a short sidewall. Yeah high profile tires are not good performers, tires move around too much during tight corners and the sidewall/shoulders can get in contact with the road.

Might try other tires like eagle F1 GSD3 next time just for comparison sake.

CSC2 and PS2 are highly rated tires but they are just so expensive.

Originally posted by valkryie@Apr 18 2006, 11:09 PM
Hi Fire,

Just got back from cambodia. Did a lot of tomb raiding with lara croft and my booty is lots of good photos :D.

I am now using a 35 profile tire so is quite a short sidewall. Yeah high profile tires are not good performers, tires move around too much during tight corners and the sidewall/shoulders can get in contact with the road.

Might try other tires like eagle F1 GSD3 next time just for comparison sake.

CSC2 and PS2 are highly rated tires but they are just so expensive.
Just go back fr Cambodia eh..meet "Pol Pot" or not? :D just kiddin...
Walau eh...use 35" profile...you must be using 18" inch eh?..no wonder la you say not tht comfort...

Next time try Michelin PS2....one of the best Sport Compact Saloon, E46..One of the best UHP tyre you can buy with yr blood & sweat, Michelin PS2...one of the best highway you can find..
The three combination will make you "The Highway Star" :D :yahoo:

funny la, 35 series tire user, most tire ur looking is at Top of the Range type.. CSC2 or PS2 is abit more not 50% more than other models.

Hi fire,

Actually using 19 inch rim. Have to be very very careful. Btw pol pot sudah mati some time ago without going to trial :D . The cambodian government is too poor to even have a tribunal to trial all the communist.

Anyway PS2 has a softer sidewall and is quiet so PS2 cannot be considered a UHP? :p

As for tire pricing I think PS2 and CSC2 will be very expensive. Should easily cost more than RM 2000 extra than my Toyo T1R for my size. I think if not mistaken PS2 should be around RM 1300 per tire for my size.

Keke.....One cent money,one cent stuff. Quality not cheap dude. I am more of a value guy(low budget mah). That's why I am still sticking with GDS3 even after trying Yokohama AVS and Falken. :)

Originally posted by valkryie@Apr 20 2006, 12:08 PM
Hi fire,

Actually using 19 inch rim. .

Anyway PS2 has a softer sidewall and is quiet so PS2 cannot be considered a UHP? :p

As for tire pricing I think PS2 and CSC2 will be very expensive. Should easily cost more than RM 2000 extra than my Toyo T1R for my size. I think if not mistaken PS2 should be around RM 1300 per tire for my size.
Whooaiyooo...19" eh?? :beaten: :beaten: ..
PS2 have to be UHP oladi leh....the price oladi so "ultraman"..so mau atau tidak..the recognition of UHP have to be given leh... :D
Anyway..PS2 is come OEM factory fitted with M3, Porsche 911, & few other renowned supercar ...Just say PS2 raise the stakes to higher level of UHP category..the level so far no other can match yet...tht is wht the magazine claimed :D ...

I been told by tyre industry source :ph34r: in Michelin France, all the staff, engineer, RD, tester...none of them know each other..thy are prohibited to get to know each other close..most of the communication in the office r thru PC..either thru chatting messenger or email...Whoaa..very extreme eh...? :blink: :eek: :eek: :eek: I ask why??? :eek: :eek: They don't want they so called new R&D, new invention, copyright fall to their competitor hand...very high security areas......dunno true or not.... :ph34r:

yeah lor. Toyo T1-R at half the price of PS2, something got to give right?
Just have to accept that my car sound like truck now. Otherwise tire not too bad esp in rain. That is the good thing about unidirectional V shaped tire thread.

I guess your bearing start to give way oladi...mine one veli silent...
Check your rear camber as sometimes the rear camber if too positive or too negative will produce some kind of sound....if not get the rubberish spray can spray the rear wheel arch..tht can reduce abt 1-2 decible ..as you can see the rear wheel acrh & front one a bit different...front got at least plastic cover as as insulation whr as rear r no such plastic...

someone told me that michelin has launched the pilot preceda 2. kit loong is quoting rm880 for 17'... :beaten:

anyone knows anything abt this tyre? much better than the original preceda?

Originally posted by Zoggee@Mar 13 2006, 03:19 AM
Tried all..!! but never find any good one yet.... :beaten:
Hahahahahahaha! Well, Mr. Donut King... some of us know why lah! :rofl:

It's time for me to change my Dragons which have served me well for the last 2 years plus. I've been very happy with the grip and comfort levels, it's real good bang for buck. There's a new Michelin workshop near my office and I'm tempted to try out the Precadas. What's your feedback on these tyres? I was offered RM520 per piece. Is this good value? Or should I stick with Dragons for RM100 less?

I love my Michelin PS2, although a bit noisy..

I just received Pilot Preceda 2 stock last Saturday. Seems harder & rougher than the 1st Generation.

1st Gen is definately quietest in its class....

I m putting a set of PP2 on my Waja today to try it out..

quoted for RM704 for the new Pilot Preceda 2, 225/50/16.
Wow...damm expensive...Anyone found a cheaper price? Klang Kaki perhaps.

Top Bottom