Recommendation of tyres

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by pussy@Jan 1 2005, 02:40 PM
if you think of using goodyear GSD3 forget it.. at 200km/h the front's wanders off..
puss:

Please explain more on this? Thanks.

Been hunting around for a set of Goodyear F1 GSD3 (Made in Germany) but its impossible to find any from germany anymore. All mostly from Thailand. Anyone know where still stocks the one's from germany?.

BTW whats the main diff between the F1-GSD3 made in ger & thai?. Is the QC and material used so diff in both countries?

BTW I'm looking for 235/45/17. Anyone know how much they cost in that size?. Tks.

Been hunting around for a set of Goodyear F1 GSD3 (Made in Germany) but its impossible to find any from germany anymore. All mostly from Thailand. Anyone know where still stocks the one's from germany?.

BTW whats the main diff between the F1-GSD3 made in ger & thai?. Is the QC and material used so diff in both countries?

BTW I'm looking for 235/45/17. Anyone know how much they cost in that size?. Tks.

As far as I know, German GSD-3 is no longer being imported by through official channels. Unofficial channel, not likely because of the skyhigh Euro.

Albundy is on Hankook Ventus Prime K105 235/45/17 - not really a sporty pattern like the K104 but more comfort oriented. I am waiting for a long term report from him as my tyres will be due for a change middle of 2005.

Originally posted by pussy@Jan 2 2005, 03:40 AM
ehoe, try yoko's or toyo's.... they are quite good.. the yoko's are good in the dry and in the wet ( about 180km/h in a heavy downpour) but in for any tyre you put for your e34, they will last you for 10 months.. the car is very heavy... if you think of using goodyear GSD3 forget it.. at 200km/h the front's wanders off..

regards.
Nero Pussy, my Nokian NRZi's are now nearly 15 months and still got around 40% tread left! Done more than 40,000km already!

Originally posted by pussy@Jan 1 2005, 02:40 PM
ehoe, try yoko's or toyo's.... they are quite good.. the yoko's are good in the dry and in the wet ( about 180km/h in a heavy downpour) but in for any tyre you put for your e34, they will last you for 10 months.. the car is very heavy... if you think of using goodyear GSD3 forget it.. at 200km/h the front's wanders off..

regards.
:rolleyes: oooohhh... :rolleyes: yeah ka???How come I dunno wan??

Thailand made tires (Michelin, Goodyear, Bridgestone_ only good for couple of months ony. The moment, the tread is only at 70%, u better be skillful enuf to catch ur tail esp in the rain. And I was doing ony 80kmh !!

I kena a few times already, for all 3 brands.

Did not happend to me when I change to original tires ie Japan or German.

bai's using TOYO trampio's GUWN 225 / 45/ 17 ....good in wet and dry ...no problemo one ...

Will stick to it till the it goes out of stock .... may try Toyo Proxes but that depends too ....

LONG LIVE TOYO's :D

I found some Goodyear F1 GSD3 that are made from Australia?. Are these any good?. I'm assuming they would be a compromise between the one's made in Germany and Thailand....

Also heard that one range lower than the GSD3 is the Goodyear Revspec 2. Anyone using these?. Any good?

FYI - if anyone lookin for F1 GSD3 Made in Germany.....saw sum at lim tayar (eeek) ttdi....17inchers i think....

Originally posted by ehoe@Dec 28 2004, 10:42 PM
Its about time to look for a new set of tyres for my ride so was wondering if anyone has any experience on any of the below tyres. Your opinions and reviews appreciated. Feel free to recommend other good tyres too but keep in mind I'm on a budget, most prob $400-500 per piece at very most. I'm using 235/45/17 size.

I'm looking for a good balance between good handling, comfort and durability. Oh its for my E34. Tks.

1) Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3
2) Bridgestone Potenza GIII
3) Falken Azenis ST115
4) Dunlop Sport FM901
5) Dunlop Direnza DZ101

Feel free to recommend any other tyres.....
I'm using Bridgestone Potenza GIII. The road holding is good especially during corners and good in wet only at corners not on straight path.

Top Bottom