New tyres

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by zamri@Mar 10 2006, 10:50 AM
bros,

just got a 320I M-sports. but the tyres looks really bad. need advice on new set of tyres...any recommendation. now using 17" RIM

check this out if u guys r into falken, might help u to determine which suits u best

http://www.stamfordtyres.com/tpl/products_falken.html
Ya..Falken is good..but come with limited of choice in term of sizes...thy don't hv 245/40/14..the nearest size is 255/40/17 or 235/40/17..which is different than original M-sport spec..but if browse falken japan website...thy do have the 245/40/17 for ST115 & 512..only local distributor did not import them.. :cry: ..can import but then price will be different...

Got 2 Toyos T1Rs 205/55-16 just now - ride is good, like u said, Fire. Nitro-filled, so very much cushier than before. Somemore, the old Michelins are really OLD! From 2001!

Now waiting for their stocks to arrive so can change the other 2!

Good price too - mentioned your name, Fire, and they go "Oh, Fire eh pang eu! Give you special price!" Wa, u seem to be a regular there, bro! Thank you, bro!

Originally posted by mini_jeff67@Mar 17 2006, 02:52 PM
Got 2 Toyos T1Rs 205/55-16 just now - ride is good, like u said, Fire. Nitro-filled, so very much cushier than before. Somemore, the old Michelins are really OLD! From 2001!

Now waiting for their stocks to arrive so can change the other 2!

Good price too - mentioned your name, Fire, and they go "Oh, Fire eh pang eu! Give you special price!" Wa, u seem to be a regular there, bro! Thank you, bro!
Wah so fast huh...I just went there yesterday to pay the booking fee for the rear one ... they are my first choice if i am looking for rims or tyres...cool or not the toyo V-shape thread :D ?heheheheh..is tht something you want eh??? :p you drive for about 1000km scrub in then start to feel it eh...tht is what most of the feedback from other forum...

I am interested in trying out the T1Rs but I don't know where to get it in KL/PJ area. I was thinking about the GIIIs but the T1Rs may be worth a look at judging by this review. Review of Toyo T1R

Where's this Longhouse hotel located? Sounds like a place in East Malaysia.

I am using T1r since last year so far so good, one of the high rating tyre beside dont really last treadware 280 only, mine last for 30km only for rear pair.
Got mine from Klang for 530/pc. -225/40/18. First round about after the toll when u reach Klang town. Corner lot with TOYO signage. Best price so fat, Segambut selling 550/pc

Originally posted by k3nny(E46)@Mar 22 2006, 09:18 AM
I am interested in trying out the T1Rs but I don't know where to get it in KL/PJ area. I was thinking about the GIIIs but the T1Rs may be worth a look at judging by this review. Review of Toyo T1R

Where's this Longhouse hotel located? Sounds like a place in East Malaysia.
Keke In Kuching lar. :D

Am using BF Goodrich G-Force Sport.. Pretty good traction and threadwear rated at >300.. Long lasting.
Grippy and long lasting.. How did they do it???

well i've been using TOYO's Trampio GUWN for the last 3 years and darm sad now cuz there are not in production anymore...

any1 out here got lubang to get Toyo Trampio Guwn 225/45/17 ??

Heard lotssa bout T1R ....

Fabian i'm currently using those BF Goodrich for my rears and seems to be quite good so far ... any lubang for those tyres and how much would it cost ??

TQ

It's hard to get tyre in kuching. Just changed mine to Sumitomo 205/50/R17 for 380/pcs including balancing, sound reasonable?

Unless I have floats for tires I don't think i can make it to Kuching :)

I am currently on Potenza S03s which is very near the end of it's useful life. I love the S03s but it seems a little too expensive. That's why I am considering the Toyo T1R. I was also thinking about the Michelin PS2s and the GIIIs. I wonder how these are compared to my current S03s? Any ideas?

Originally posted by daan@Mar 22 2006, 01:33 PM
It's hard to get tyre in kuching. Just changed mine to Sumitomo 205/50/R17 for 380/pcs including balancing, sound reasonable?
Should be ok la...Sumitomo is a very big group in Japan..Either Toyo or Falken is under ths Sumitomo group..I think should be falken..BTW..Sumitomo oso own part of Mazda Japan too..quality should be there lah...

Originally posted by k3nny(E46)@Mar 22 2006, 03:01 PM
Unless I have floats for tires I don't think i can make it to Kuching :)

I am currently on Potenza S03s which is very near it's useful life. I love the S03s but it seems a little too expensive. That's why I am considering the Toyo T1R. I was also thinking about the Michelin CS2s and the GIIIs. I wonder how these are compared to my current S03s? Any ideas?
Hv read Michelin PS2 Vs S03 comparison...Dry grip S03 rule...Wet grip..lose out to PS2...

SO3,PS2, T1R,Azenis 615, Advan is under Ultra high performance category..
GIII, ST115, Perceda sport is under High performance..

So UHP & HP have different kind of speed limit & purpose....with H,Y, Z rating...
so if comparing CS2s with GIII will not give you accurate comparison..it is just like comparing a 3 series & 5 series.. :rolleyes:

In this case "Bang for a Buck" definetely will be T1R

Sob sob....Ultra High Performance velly expensive lo......

So I guess the GSD3 will fall under the High Performance group given it's price. Another question that I have is whether there are any difference between German manufactured GSD3 and Thai manufactured GSD3. The price differential is RM70 per tyre. Is the German made ones worth the extra $$$?

Err....I am afraid to ask but shouldn't this thread be in another section? :dunno:

Your topic has been towed to the appropriate section, in the future please refer to the main forum page for guidance.
There will be a link from the original place of posting leading to the new place (This states the approriate place).
If this thread is a tech question and if you are not sure which catergory to post under, please post under general tech.
If this thread is a 'FS or WTB' then post in the classifieds.

Thank You

-The Moderator

Originally posted by fire@Mar 22 2006, 03:44 AM
Hv read Michelin PS2 Vs S03 comparison...Dry grip S03 rule...Wet grip..lose out to PS2...

Well depending on which test you read.. I have read Tyre Racks review which had the PS2 ranked no 1 over the S03 but they had other reviews which ranked PS2 slightly lower. At the end, it roughy around there la. But one thing is for sure.. the PS2 is much more comfortable and quiet than the S03.. one of the reasons I like the tyre so much.

Originally posted by k3nny(E46)@Mar 22 2006, 06:56 PM
Sob sob....Ultra High Performance velly expensive lo......

So I guess the GSD3 will fall under the High Performance group given it's price. Another question that I have is whether there are any difference between German manufactured GSD3 and Thai manufactured GSD3. The price differential is RM70 per tyre. Is the German made ones worth the extra $$$?

Err....I am afraid to ask but shouldn't this thread be in another section? :dunno:
GSD3(UHP) is well rounded performer..I guess made in Thai or German are more less the same...what matter is make sure the stock tht the shop give you get is fresh..not more than 1 year will be the safe bet..the extra buck you pay after all is for the importation cost from germany..Thai is nearer therefore transportation cost is cheaper.. :D in the end RM70 = "feel good factor"because it is import from German... :p

Yesterday as I was driving to Hartamas for mamak I ran into one motherlode of a pothole. That bent my rims a little so I sent it in for repairs today. That's when I discovered that one of the tyre's inside sidewalls (cannot be seen from outside) has begun to crack. Therefore, I have no choice but to retire my S03s....sob sob..the problem is the shop that I was in had very lmited choices for my tyre sizes ( 245/40/17 and 225/45/17). I almost went for the Michelin PS2 but have now decided to get the F1 GSD3s instead tomorrow afternoon. I hope I am making the right choice.

I guess hitting the pothole was a lucky thing. If it wasn't for that, things could have been disastrous should the tyres fail while I was driving (the way the engineers of BMW intended). this will set me back RM490 per piece for the front tyres (german wor...higher speed rating wor) and RM686 per piece for the rear ones for a toal of RM2,352. I hope the GSD3s are as good as they are touted to be relative to my former S03s...

I wil post a review of the GSD3s should I not change my mind by tomorrow and as soon as I break them in.

Cheers!

Top Bottom