New SKD F10 523i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

macdaque

Club Guest
I hear that the F10 SKD 523i will begin roll out this week? Anyone has any information on:- price?- specs?- when will other models reach our shores? I hear approx 383k, going to come with Navi pro, rear climate control and B-pillar a/c vents. Anyone knows whether it will come with reverse / front camera? Comfort access? What specs will they reduce from CBU?

that price is okay i suppose.. considering when the SKD E60 was launched, 525i MSport was 425k and 530i at 485k.

mizhan;547072 said:
that price is okay i suppose.. considering when the SKD E60 was launched, 525i MSport was 425k and 530i at 485k.

No official price yet, just indicative at the moment. Maybe will know in the next few days?

All rumours at the moment. Any verified information so far? Can anyone give any information? The suspense is painfully exciting! How does BMW keep such information so hush, it is just amazing!

macdaque;547064 said:
I hear that the F10 SKD 523i will begin roll out this week? Anyone has any information on:
- price?
- specs?
- when will other models reach our shores?

I hear approx 383k, going to come with Navi pro, rear climate control and B-pillar a/c vents. Anyone knows whether it will come with reverse / front camera? Comfort access? What specs will they reduce from CBU?

I heard they will load more specs than CBU unit

etquah;547502 said:
I heard they will load more specs than CBU unit

Any idea what specs they are loading on? My bmw contacts seem to contradict one from another. It's funny that units of the SKD have rolled out, and are about to be delivered, but no one can commit on specs. Rather intriguing don't you think?

KUALA LUMPUR: BMW Group Malaysia on Friday, July 30 rolled out its the first locally assembled production model of the new BMW 523i at the BMW assembly plant in Kulim, Kedah.

The retail price (on the road, without insurance, with BMW Service Inclusive + Repair) for the locally assembled BMW 523i is RM383,800.

The BMW assembly plant in Kulim has been operational since 2008, and has produced more than 4,900 units to date.

damn... a 525i msport e60 preowned 2010 is going for RM359K.. .overpriced!!!!

pswchan;547601 said:
KUALA LUMPUR: BMW Group Malaysia on Friday, July 30 rolled out its the first locally assembled production model of the new BMW 523i at the BMW assembly plant in Kulim, Kedah.

The retail price (on the road, without insurance, with BMW Service Inclusive + Repair) for the locally assembled BMW 523i is RM383,800.

The BMW assembly plant in Kulim has been operational since 2008, and has produced more than 4,900 units to date.

Thanks for the info - anything on the specifications for the SKD? Specifically, what have they added to or taken away from the CBU? Appreciate any info, which is scarce at this stage. TQ.

Nothing said at the official website at www.bmw.com.my. I heard (no official verification yet) that the following are in the new F10 523i:
- Nav Professional
- 4 zone climate with B-pillar air-cond vents
- Front and rear video camera
No indication whether included:
- Comfort access
- HUD (probably not)

OK, found some price info ony at http://paultan.org/2010/07/30/ckd-bmw-523i-introduced-price-lowered-by-rm15k/, but still no news on specs.

Anyone has any more information or can confirm the above?

The skd f10 is in all the showroom. Price is per what mentioned earlier and you get 4 zone AC control plus 10.2 inch LCD screen (instead of 7) plus navigation which wasn't included in the CBU cars.

Thanks, Albundy.

Any indication on front and rear cameras? Are those included?
Climate control - 4-zone comes with a/c vents on b-pillar?
All other features maintained the same?
What about comfort access - full comfort access, or 'part' (as the CBU was I was told) or without?
What about oyster-black interior - is SKD interior upholstery black pillars and roof lining? FYI, the CBU was grey (I think), but I hear that in some countries it comes in black.

Will try to drop in one of the showrooms and see for myself.

drove the F10 523 today.
I don't know... I was expecting more.... Drive was nice and good. Well-planted, nice engine but for some reason sheesh the E39 is more addictive.

Then I drove the X5 3.0D... wahlau. the torque.... sorry bro VP.... :D :D purposely flash at you... the car was fast...

judging from BMW pricing strategy for the e60...I think the skd 528 Otr price will be around rm450k, ie 50-60k higher than Skd 523. If they decided to include msport kits, it will probably be slightly expensive. let's wait and see...few more months to go.

Got confirmation that the 523i SKD will not include rear or front camera even though comes with Nav Pro. No comfort access. No comfort seats. All other things as per earlier discussion.

It all depends on the specs.

Just a note, all the F10s sold in Msia comes with active integral steering, which is an expensive option in other countries.

I would choose active integral steering over comfort access and etc :)

ALBundy;548224 said:
It all depends on the specs.

Just a note, all the F10s sold in Msia comes with active integral steering, which is an expensive option in other countries.

I would choose active integral steering over comfort access and etc :)

Yes, definitely active steering. Love how balanced the active steering feels compared to without. Besides, comfort access can be a dangerous and risky feature to have for women. Beginning to like all the features that the 523i comes with, all the options are pretty expensive in other countries. The 10" LCD screen and Nav Pro is such a welcome addition. And oh, the extra rear 2-zone with B-pillar vents are just luxuriously sweet! I hear that the 528i will not add much save new 3.0l engine, but will be sold at much higher price. So, the SKD 523i will be worth the wait from CBU, but may not be worth the wait to the SKD 528i.

Top Bottom