New Primax 3 from Petronas............

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
aiya....Petronas fuel is good la. All those good mileage....true meh?? Or you guys are influenced by their marketing quote???

* cabut* :ph34r:

Originally posted by chubby@Jun 22 2006, 04:09 AM
primax 3 IS better than the previous primax :)
Chubby,

really???? oh ok!! ;)

All I know..its good enuf for me. But the fuel can make the gearbox smoother..???? Now thats a full load of crap.... haha :rofl:

while we're on the topic of fuel..any of u guys who actually fill up at the BHP...the new orange Boustead Petrol Stations :D

Im interested to know those who do...why do u?..better fuel?

:D

:yahoo:

Been using Primax3 for close to a fortnight, mileage is about similar with the previous brand that I am using, engine sounds a little smoother tho.

Primax3 does not seem to give significant amount of difference. Well...to be fair they are charging normal petrol prices...and not like some good but expensive petrol. :yahoo:

Originally posted by chubby@Jun 22 2006, 05:55 AM
while we're on the topic of fuel..any of u guys who actually fill up at the BHP...the new orange Boustead Petrol Stations :D

Im interested to know those who do...why do u?..better fuel?

:D

:yahoo:
It is same BP fuel just that it is now called BHP.

I usually use BP or petronas. Both not bad.

Originally posted by Daniel@Jun 21 2006, 04:15 PM
i have read this entire thread but i have just read the advertisment for this new 3rd generation petrol.

it claims to clean the valves and remove carbon deposits.

so, is this petrol more expensive?

why i ask is that i do not need to pay petrolnas a premium to clean out the carbon deposits in my engine.  Here is a cheaper way of doing it.

REV out your engine, bring it to the redline.  Gun it.  That will blow out the carbon deposits automatically.
If u mean to redline the engine while stationary, don't think is a good idea. The fuel-air mix might be on the richer side as the engine may not get enough air when stationary.

I believe it would be better to take it out on the highway and run the car on the lower gear to get it to run at higher revs. Something to do with ram-air.

I find that my car runs better after a stint on the highway, where I push revs up to 5000 RPM. Do not like to redline as it tends to stress the engine parts.

Have been using Primax 2 and now 3. No problems thus far - not very significant improvement over 2.

With regards to changing fuel brands, it may take some time for the ECU to adjust to the different fuel, particularly so if the chemical composition of the additives in the fuel behave differently. Imagine that u fill half tank of Primax and then put in vpower, and then on the next fillup, techron, etc.

This constantly changes the burning characteristics of the fuel that goes into the combustion chamber. ECU has to work harder.

Same applies for carb engines. U tune it right, and then.....

My thoughts - dunno if it makes sense. Feel free to debunk.

For me, whatever fuel I use will bring me to my destination. On mileage savings, it's never significant enough to stereotype my choice. But personally I will go for PETRONAS if there are several choices around the same location when I need a fill. Why..? Simple. PETRONAS is Malaysian product and being a Malaysian, this is my little tini-wini contribution to the overall economy of my country. Unless I am driving in Europe, and there is no Malaysian fuel product available, then it's a different situation altogether.

If we Malaysian do not support our own products and be proud of it, who will?? Since Malaysia cannot produce a premium car like a BMW, in looks nor in performance, I took an exception. But I will continue to support Malaysia in any other possible way...Buy Malaysian consumables. Hahaha...

MALAYSIA BOLEH.......
MALAYSIANIZATION....
LOCAL CONTENT MAXIMIZATION...

Malaysia do well economically...you and I live graciously. :D

Tried primax 3 yesterday from empty tank....lighter revv....quite smooth....not asure of the consumption yet.

Top Bottom