New petrol subsidy mechanism???

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

king82

Club Guest
Hi All,I've received a forwarded email, seemed to be sourced from Nanyang Siang Pau newspaper. The email claims that:a) fuel subsidy will be categorized as below:Class 1) engine displacement 1500cc and below - maybe full subsidyClass 2) engine displacement 1500cc to 2000cc - maybe 50% subsidyClass 3) engine displacement 2000cc and above - may not get any subsidyb) car owner has to finish the subsidy on the month itself, non-transferrable to the next monthc) one car petrol subsidy per each qualified owner, in other words, if the owner has two cars under his/her name, only one car will enjoy the subsidy.d) busses, lorries and other commercial vehicles's fuel subsidies remain unchanged.Sorry for the vague statements as the email seem to be translated directly from mandarin.Can anyone provide any feedback if the claims are true/ partially true? Or anyone has further information about this?I think might as well all of us get Mazda RX8, cheap roadtax and full subsidy...blood-sucking gomen...:14:

I have heard through a reliable source that it is indeed what the government has in plan for us, come March 1st or the latest 1st April.

The bad news is this, the government is only giving 100liters per month, which is not enough for everyone unless you are riding a kapchai. Let's hope this is not true!

Looks like the Used Car Dealers will be a dumping ground soon for 2000cc cars and above...unless I put in my 1.3 and siphon it out into my 2.5...
Hand Pumps is a good business to go into soon.....

XXX;467184 said:
Looks like the Used Car Dealers will be a dumping ground soon for 2000cc cars and above...unless I put in my 1.3 and siphon it out into my 2.5...

+1 :top: LOL

Thanks for the feedback, ALBundy...

What is 100litres? 1 week of my petrol usage? or maybe even less for most drivers? Does the gomen think we are beggars? I'd rather they do away with the subsidy and cut the tax on the cars, improve road quality, lessen tolls...

Anyone has news about diesel subsidy? If the subsidy is good, I think most of us would want to change to the ED versions, 320d, 520d...

XXX;467184 said:

That's what many would have thought as well. Buy a cheap 20+ year old Saga, used the card for your 6 pot engine. But there is a limit to the amount of fuel subsidised, which is 100 liters...probably enough for a week's usage.:motz:

I'm still waiting with bated breath on what the current gov intends to do with the savings.

100 litres of petrol is just about 1 week of usage for me.

loafer;467206 said:
I'm still waiting with bated breath on what the current gov intends to do with the savings.

100 litres of petrol is just about 1 week of usage for me.

"savings"? savings as in from the subsidy? i think all of us knows where the money goes to...and of course, not to us, the tax paying rakyat...

Yup that goes without saying but I'd still like to see what sort of crap story they can come up with this time round. Should be something amusing I hope :)

What do you mean "fuel subsidy revision" when there is NO fuel subsidy to begin with? At the current rate, the gov is making around .10 to .25 sen a liter.

I really can't understand our government.
What about those 1.8 with turbo or compressor?
Aren't they luxury cars? Is the capacity of engine = luxury?
Is this the right way to judge?
Really nonsense.

I do agree with one of our forumer, take away the subsidy completely(put a side they are making $ out of it). Estalish your public transport system please! Then u have less traffice jam, less accident = less expenses to goverment. Moreover, your people with have more money in the pocket to spend or invest! A lot of people are forced to own a car coz the public transport sucks!

When we have so much of petroleum that time & earning so much, did we invest to improve the country? Where does the $ gone? Finish every penny they can get. Now income reduce, we pay the price of their stupidity? What kind of nonsense.

Really hopeless bunch of people in our government...

Is it possible to do a Bill Clinton on our Gomen?I think by the time we get to kick this fellas out in the next election we could all be deeply faaarked

bmw4eva;468509 said:
What do you mean "fuel subsidy revision" when there is NO fuel subsidy to begin with? At the current rate, the gov is making around .10 to .25 sen a liter.

Oil companies do get to claim rebates back from the govt. But today they sell at subsidized price upfront, then 30 days later file the subsidy claim and 3-4 months later get back $$$ from the govt.

Whats cool about this is that there is a lot of data going to be stored based on your commute and fill patterns assuming you are claiming subsidy. They can find out which station you go to on a regular basis and at which times of the day or week based on your fill pattern. Easier for cops to catch the baddies when they need to find them haha.

Also a lot of dealers today are not declaring the complete cash transactions to avoid paying income tax. With this system in place, much harder for them to cheat LHDN, cos LHDN can pull data on cash transactions using MyKad for subsidy and go back and korek tax $$$ from the petrol dealers :).

Just thinking of the possibilities which exists...

objective of subsidy is to buy voters back, especially those using smaller cc's, more so in the rural areas. end of day, we can bark all we want, but 1Malaysia will make it happen.

maybe i should go buy some clunkers from the kampungs...sometimes they sell cheap cheap for a few hundred RM. Have you seen the transporter lorries carrying all the old clunkers? Was a good amount of money to be made from the trade in scheme.

Top Bottom