New Audi A4 @ 265hp

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Lancelot Adolph

Club Guest
Hi guys,know this is a bit out of topic,but just browse through the web, Audi A4 @ 2.0 liter turbo is 265 hp! and its selling at 300kIs it a good car? worth for purchase?Whereas volkswagen gti 2nd stage turbo @ 245 hp selling at 240k at the showroom,wondering how these car can get such high hp whereas mine is 525i but only 200+ hp...Thought beemer should be powerful?

turbocharged engine can easily surpass 100hp per liter.
Bimmer are more refined, not necessary more powerful.
But BMW did a great job on S54B32 engine, producing more than 100 horsepower per litre in NA (Natrually Aspirated)

Most specific engine output (power per unit displacment)
NA piston enigne - Honda S2000 F20C - 247hp for 2.0L
Turbo piston engine - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 8 FQ400 - 400hp for 2.0L

i dont think the 2.0TFSI in the B8 A4 is 265hp. i think its only 210 or 220? up from the 200hp on the B7?

k3nny;389126 said:
i dont think the 2.0TFSI in the B8 A4 is 265hp. i think its only 210 or 220? up from the 200hp on the B7?

the 2.0T B8 is not here yet. He's refering to the older B7 with extra goodies from Audi dealer in order to clear stock.

No lah , 2.0 tfsi produces 211 hp with 258 in ft torque.. 265 hp is for 3.2 fsi v6.

Anyway, bmw is going for turbos as well in future engine models including m3. So watch out. I think bmw can outgun them all in power race. Should be fun . Already x6 employs twin turbo v8 with monster hp and torque.

My money on bmw to smoke them. Bmw letting audi have fun for now

The 2.0 version will arrive in March. Base price is RM260K according to SA in Euromobil. This model supposed to make BMW 320i obsolete.

funfer_fahrer;389340 said:
The 2.0 version will arrive in March. Base price is RM260K according to SA in Euromobil. This model supposed to make BMW 320i obsolete.

the 2.0 version will indeed be very nice..has the potential to be a giant slayer,if only they'd sell it with a DSG box,which is not the case.the CVT is just not.....sporty.

if u like to drive ur car by grabbing it by the scruff of it's neck and giving it ur all,the Audi is simply not the car to do it in..it'll be great in a straight line tho,but when the road starts to get twisty,i'd have my bimmer anytime.

ps-i see u now have the correct avatar..haha

supergripen;389892 said:
the 2.0 version will indeed be very nice..has the potential to be a giant slayer,if only they'd sell it with a DSG box,which is not the case.the CVT is just not.....sporty.

if u like to drive ur car by grabbing it by the scruff of it's neck and giving it ur all,the Audi is simply not the car to do it in..it'll be great in a straight line tho,but when the road starts to get twisty,i'd have my bimmer anytime.

ps-i see u now have the correct avatar..haha

I agree. The bimmer is for people who like to drive like there's no tomorrow. For the Audi, it is like uncharted territory for me. I just don't know what to say.

don't get me wrong,i'm not saying that Audis are crap..i think they're great cars.the A4 2.0T is a fantastic car,its got a great engine,the design is i think very very nice,build quality etc. all good.even the handling is good,it's just that its good up to say 90%,above which it all goes a bit ragged.this is where bimmers excel..

personal preference.. to be fair,not many will venture to the upper limits.so for most,the Audi will and can be all the car that most will need in the segment,and the 2.0T can indeed be faster on the highways compared to the 325i(what more this 265bhp version - haven't heard of this but i think prob with a remap and a sports exhaust its possible).

again,i'd have the e90 anytime..just for the handling alone.

supergripen: My only complaint will be the sort of front wheel drive bias even on the quattro models when driving the car hard.

Feels very nose heavy for some reason as opposed to the E90's.

Had the pleasure of "testing" a friends E90 335ci during CNY open house time and he lives in a very twisty estate (Tropicana) and basically the spin to the guard house, out, around BU and back in was enough to tell me this is an AWESOME car.

The Audi 2.0t can give you around 280hp - 290hp at the engine with all stage II mods done. Quite abit of them too.

But even with 260 - 270 in the Audi, after the tuned 335ci...... MMMM
im lusting. :)

Lusting Lusting Lusting!

I know its off-topic, but the 335ci was menacingly fast (its modded), but i felt more of a sense of occasion in my ex E46 M3?

The power-delivery down to the dynamics of the car just felt abit different? Maybe the 335ci is more plush, i dont know. It just didnt have the sense of occasion like the E46 M car.

Im dying to try the E92 M3. :)

modded 335i can outrun the new m3. Check out BMWCar magazine. Makes me wonder what's is the point of buying M3?

izuaff;392161 said:
modded 335i can outrun the new m3. Check out BMWCar magazine. Makes me wonder what's is the point of buying M3?

Not outrun la... I think its a restricted top speed of 250kph izzit..

izuaff;392161 said:

i think the M3 will definitely be the better handling car..haven't had the chance to test a 335i but i have indeed driven the M3.the whole car is just fantastic..the handling and high speed stability is just sublime and the engine note is to die for.its just a more emotional drive..a sweet high revving V8,a superb chassis and that understated but at the same time menacing look just makes the M3 a more special car.

the 335i may be faster in a straight line,and i was told has got better low down pull,but i'd wager the M3 is that lil'bit more special.. don't get me wrong,i love the 335i and it is in my wishlist,but against the E90/92 M3,its more of a tool than anything else.

also,ESS is currently testing a twinscrew supercharger on the M3's V8.its currently running 7psi only but already pumping out 560rwhp at just under 8300rpm.. beat that..:wink: has the makings of a dreamcar la..at least for me la.ESS rocks!!

k3nny;392124 said:
supergripen: My only complaint will be the sort of front wheel drive bias even on the quattro models when driving the car hard.

Feels very nose heavy for some reason as opposed to the E90's.

yup..hate it when the fronts end goes when u really push it.just so unnatural.. i guess its good for the housewives and the mums etc..safer:wink:

not my cuppa tho..

Maybe put wider front tyres, more negative front cambers and soften the rear absorber to rectify the under.. that should work.. :wink:

... if not, try extend the steering column a bit and seat further behind.. :wink:

Top Bottom