Need Help Urgently

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

shah50

Club Guest
Hi all sifu's.. need ur help here..strange sound came from my front wheel.. each time i turn the wheel either left or right there is a "clack-clack" sound.. what is that sound actually? what to check? any advise sifu's... thankx.. mine is e39 525i..

sounds pretty like mine too...but only happens when i turn to the right while the car is in motion. Something like "kreak" "kreaK" sound...like opening an old grandmother's chest! Haven't really figured out.

it is the lower arm bushing. tie rod maybe... can be easily confirm by visual inspection.

crusher.. power steering low fluid.. no lar.. Low level will cause the pump to hum when the fluid is low.

could also be the ball joint in the drive shaft. does the sound appear at full turn or does it gets louder as you turn more?

shah50;551427 said:
Hi all sifu's.. need ur help here..

strange sound came from my front wheel.. each time i turn the wheel either left or right there is a "clack-clack" sound.. what is that sound actually? what to check? any advise sifu's... thankx.. mine is e39 525i..

Yes you must check the Control Lower Arm maybe the balljoint was kong, then u need to replace the whole Arm. If the bushing koyak liow then u can change the bush only. I did experience b4 and our Bro JARANCE did teach me to check for this part b4. finally my problem solve.

mick123;551537 said:
could also be the ball joint in the drive shaft. does the sound appear at full turn or does it gets louder as you turn more?

which drive shaft are you referring to???

I only experience similar sound b4 its is either steering fluid or ball joint. But my own experience only lah :)

thankx guys.. will check with AB next monday.. or any pref mech/shop that i can refer to? u guys know lar AB.. im in jb area..

Top Bottom