My stock E46 from the Land Below the Wind....

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Bro ada typo error ka.. 11 or 1 yrs old newly out from the factory car lah...

For an 11 yrs-old car, even from far her curves still manage to capture my attention.
IMG_4594.jpg

IMG_4593.jpg

IMG_4823.jpg

IMG_4600.jpg

DOUBLE THUMBS UP TO YOU. NICEEEEEEEE ONE :top::top::top:

YK9;754745 said:
Very nice bro....such an immaculate ride!

Thanx bro. Still long way to go actually to reach "immaculate " level :)

Alex5522;754766 said:
Bro ada typo error ka.. 11 or 1 yrs old newly out from the factory car lah...

DOUBLE THUMBS UP TO YOU. NICEEEEEEEE ONE :top::top::top:

Hehe, memang confirm bro, no typo. 11 yrs old junk but still look stunning !!! :D

azizulaziz78;754788 said:
Bro gear knob kasi tukar smg style!!! Bertambah handsome ur interior....

Ah, finally someone noticed the gear knob yg masih stock. Mana nak cari tu smg style knob? Puas I search online but mcm takda org jual lah... Any info can share?

Beautiful ride bro :love: Love the transformation also the interior is very nicely done. How much did it cost for the nappa leather and how long it took? I want to do something similiar if got budget hehehe

P/s: the front grill tak mau tukar matt black or glossy black ke?

B33mEr;758109 said:
Beautiful ride bro :love: Love the transformation also the interior is very nicely done. How much did it cost for the nappa leather and how long it took? I want to do something similiar if got budget hehehe

P/s: the front grill tak mau tukar matt black or glossy black ke?

Thanx bro !!!

Just to share the info that was given to me, (other bros can correct me if my info here is wrong just for our sharing and knowledge purpose), for the leather seats right, i was given a choice of three leathers initially by the interior upholstrey shop. They gave me option of:

1) Normal leather
2) BMW Dakota leather
3) Italian Nappa

For both the normal and dakota leather, they quoted around RM2k++. Normal leather being cheapest. For nappa, the price was RM 3k+ for full leather. Besides that, they also said, the price differ for full leather or half leather. Full leather means the whole seat is wrapped in leather. Half leather means front side wrapped with leather, but rear side of the seat is wrapped with PVC since we don't sit on it. :p

In terms of strength, they actually advised that I get the cheaper leather if my ride was a daily ride coz they said the nappa looks very fine and smooth, but the dakota and normal leather is more durable and stronger.

So, to test both the leathers, I installed on two of my cars. I rewrapped my Toyota Fortuner (7 seater) with dakota and my BMW (5 seater) with nappa. The cost to rewrap my Toyota Fortuner with dakota leather is much cheaper than the nappa on BMW. For toyota fortuner (dakota leather) cost me RM2,700.00 . For BMW (nappa leather) cost me RM3,300.00. Prices might be cheaper in KL due to government's crappy cabotage policy on Sabah.

In terms of how both the leather feels, honestly, I like the dakota leather better lah (despite its cheaper). For some reason it feels more firm. Even my HM oso prefers the dakota in the Fortuner. But then again, it is all up to the user personal preference.

For comparison, here are some close up pics of both the leathers.

A) Dakota leather installed on my Fortuner :-

IMG_5094.jpg

Closer looks show the difference compared to the nappa; it has the "thread" patterns

IMG_5095.jpg

B) Nappa leather installed on my BMW: Much smoother, you don't see the "threads" pattern on the seats

IMG_4213.jpg

I hope that the info helps bro !!! :rock::rock::rock:

Front grille tunggu dulu, banyak betul komitmen lately... hahaha

Thank you for the detailed explanation bro ... Much appreciated :top: :adore:

The workmanship and stitching looks really good on both vehicle :love: Would love to have a seat in your ride when i visit Sabah one of these days hehehe

..this car indeed, looking extremely good...way way better than many brand new vehicles...just excellent...Im wondering, how many KM car has on a counter ?

JFT63;758771 said:
Well done bro.........salute....

Fireuz;758774 said:
Woow.... super duper nice bro!! i loike!! :top:

Thank q for your kind words dear sirs... still long way to go :)

B33mEr;758780 said:
Thank you for the detailed explanation bro ... Much appreciated :top: :adore:

The workmanship and stitching looks really good on both vehicle :love: Would love to have a seat in your ride when i visit Sabah one of these days hehehe

No prob bro. Inform me when you're in Sabah. If i am around KK, surely will bring you for a drink :)

Ecc0;758794 said:
..this car indeed, looking extremely good...way way better than many brand new vehicles...just excellent...Im wondering, how many KM car has on a counter ?

Bro Ecco, my mileage has not reached 90k km yet. Quite good considering an 11 yrs old car ehh? hehe

Very-very good look already your udm bro..:love: btw don't mind to share which cushion shop in KK you do it and how much was your pocket being damage on this Nappa leather :top:

IMG_4213.jpg

sachseelan;758920 said:
cantik macam baru :)

Thanks bro... :)

ICEMAN 13;758941 said:
car looks immaculate ,,,just like rolling out from the show room ...

Thanks, but mine is still no where near your standard bro :) Still long way to go ....

Alex5522;759014 said:
Very-very good look already your udm bro..:love: btw don't mind to share which cushion shop in KK you do it and how much was your pocket being damage on this Nappa leather :top:

Hi bro,

Long time neva hear from you. How are you?

Anyway, errr... if you read properly, i already mentioned the price up there...hehe... The price is 3.3k for full leather seat rewrapped with 4 door cards and centre arm rest :) Place is in Bundusan... :)

As I mentioned, I should have followed the advise of the owner to just go with the same type of leather like my Fortuner. It's cheaper (RM2k++) and feels more comfy for me..

But for some of my frens that sat in both my cars, some said the leather in fortuner better, some said the leather in bmw better...

So, at the end of the day, I guess it will just be personal preference :)

Did some minor "upgrade" this week....

Just decided to rewrap my gear knob with leather and blue stitching to give a lil updated look coz the gear knob previously looks kinda in bad shape dy...even the paint on / coat on the gear shift indicator plate was starting to peel off.

My gear knob previously :-

IMG_4607.jpg

After rewrap with leather for knob, and pvc for boot and hand brake casing with blue stitching, and repainting my gear indicator plate, here it is now:-

IMG_5107.jpg

IMG_5103.jpg

Closer look:-

IMG_5101.jpg

Now I feel with cleaner gear knob area, my mental HP suddenly increase by 10% ... wakakaka.... :rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

Very nicely done bro...I'm also thinking of getting a e46....recently in a dilemma coz I saw one 325 and also one 320 (2.2liter) like yours....

Question:
1) How do you tell if its Japan spec of UK spec? The one i saw has a similar stock steering like yours (non multi function steering) but the seats are leather...If non multifunction I guess it also doesnt have the wiring harness.

2) Have you compared the performance and drive between your 320 and a 325?

3) The 320 i saw is 2002 FL. I think FL only started in 2002. Not sure if its ACS or DSC as I actually havent gone down to actually view the car. Just from the internet posting

Tx

Look for this in the engine compartment
http://bmwfans.info/pages/en/__page_images/vin3.jpg

key in the last 7 digit of your VIN number eg EM22945 to http://www.realoem.com/bmw/

REALOEM will show you the car details

integramania;760380 said:
Very nicely done bro...I'm also thinking of getting a e46....recently in a dilemma coz I saw one 325 and also one 320 (2.2liter) like yours....

Question:
1) How do you tell if its Japan spec of UK spec? The one i saw has a similar stock steering like yours (non multi function steering) but the seats are leather...If non multifunction I guess it also doesnt have the wiring harness.

3) The 320 i saw is 2002 FL. I think FL only started in 2002. Not sure if its ACS or DSC as I actually havent gone down to actually view the car. Just from the internet posting

Tx

integramania;760380 said:

Question:

Tx

Well, as mentioned above, one of the ways is to check in RealOem. As for me, mine oso came with a copy of AP when I purchased the car lah. And I dunno how true is this lah, but some ppl say Japan spec less accessories. Regarding the m/f steering, mine oso initially din come with it. I asked one of the shops that i am familiar with to retrofit the wiring for me :) Works well now.

I neva tested 325. But one thing I know is after buying a 2.2, I crave for more power. That time when I bought the 2.2 no bmw frens yet. Now after joining the forum, I agree with members here to get higher cc. If i were given another chance, would have gone for a minimum of 2.8 or 3.0 :)

As for mine, it is still using ASC. My car was produced in 2001. Pre-fl :) If im bored with the pre-fl look one day, then i will face lift it... As for now, I am very happy with the pre-fl look + fl hood.

Anyway, happy hunting bro !!!

Hi Guys,

Yeap. Am familiar with the method you guys described (I haven't seen the 320 that's why I dont have the codes yet)...looks like the only way to really tell huh? I was wondering if there are any physical differences between the two since I noticed most Japs have fabric seats but one forummer here who is selling his manual 320 UK spec is also on fabric seats...

Petrus,
Is the retrofitting something that is difficult even with the manual you have or it's OK if you have a good wireman?

Well I guess I hafta test the cars to determine the difference....ppl always say that 325 is the very least to get.

Top Bottom