My E46 328i Since June 2006

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Don say like dat la....
First owner was Japanese...
Parking & toll very expensive, so only drive on weekends.
Take train to work everyday mah
hehehe good for me.

Phantom_Scarab;188104 said:
wow.....how was the grip?

Sorry guys.. Been really busy with work.

The DBA discs were the last set, and they were offered to me before the year end stock check. Like my earlier post, I personally would have really wanted to match it back with the EBC rotors but i got the DBa cheap so...

The EBC Redstuff were designed for more heavy braking and more sprited driving. When i installed them, on the second day the brakes started to squeal and it got worst on the 3rd day. I never experienced this personally on my ealier experience with lower grade EBC Blackstuff and Greenstuff. I was actually concerned but read through the EBC FAQ and it did mentioned that if brake squeal happens, i should drive it and run in them 1st.

Did as what i read. After a week the squeal got much softer and brakes started to bite stronger. I'm on to my 3rd week with them and cover just slightly more 1000km with them. Squeal has now almost gone! And the bite is stronger and the harder i brake to work the temperature up the harder it bite :p

Can't wait for my next trip to Genting and will test them again. Previously with OEM pads, charging down Genting I got brake fade by the third corner when braking for the bump!

wglee;190182 said:
I presume nothing bad happened to your gearbox when you changed the transmission fluid after 6 years on the original fluid? I ask this question as there are some concerns out there on whether the transmission fluid should be changed after a long period of not doing so - some say if you haven't changed the transmission fluid before on a high-mileage car, changing the fluid on such a car would cause the transmission to go kaput...

So far so good. Did my transmission oil + filter change about six months ago at 90+k km ago and just did another one last month after 20+k km. Still running strong! Just hate the rear axle THUD sound only. :mad:

Mouse;190203 said:
my E46 318i is 6 years when i change the ATF at 80K, now its almost 110K, everything is fine........i believe those which kaput after changing it mere unlucky and it very very seldom happen

Hi Mouse... The white lights you sold to me is still working strong. Anymore new mods on you car?? :D

Lucky for me to find your very informative thread. Planning to get 328i too.

Love your photos too. Canon or Nikon?

dpnikon;195834 said:
Lucky for me to find your very informative thread. Planning to get 328i too.

Love your photos too. Canon or Nikon?

Thanks. You will be suprise. Photo taken with my 5+year old Kodak camera in 2mp and no optical zoom :eek:

Just bought a new Pentax Optio S7 camera. Hopefully pictures in futures will be even better.

Top Bottom