My Fellow E39's

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
errrm...i am confuse...both are 5-series and the e60 is a revolution of the e39 and in the same product family targeting same category of customer...so it cannot be two diff classes...hehe

I have own the e60 before and now the e39 (which is abit terbalik) what I can say is the e60 is more refined and the handling limit is higher than the e39...to enjoy the e60 one have to pushed it to the limit which is higher than the e39 before it starts to complain that you pushes too hard...nevertheless both are superb car...

deep3102;607205 said:
The e60 is a good car relatively. I think they are 2 different classes all together.

Different setup all together. Each has its pros and cons.
I still like the heavy feel of the e39 around the corners. The e60 is too "perfect" for me.

bro have you try different alignment setup...the stock setup is very likely to understeer...i have try many and settle on the higher limit of the factory tolerance...just below out of range....

what i realize when i change from e60 to e39, i found that i just could not make the e39 point into the corners like i want...it always understeers...so i try another approach...oversteer abit into the corner and it works...but that requires you to drive abit aggressive and not friendly on the tyres...

another thing, make sure you modulate and maintain throttle into and in the corner...letting go the throttle really makes the understeer more severe...

535i;607210 said:
This is my personal view - Do not spam me aaa .

I find that my E39 530 M-Sport is not as 'solid' as my other BMWs. Frankly, I have 'lost' my balls couple of times, when the car just can't take the corners. Mind you, i m running on sport suspension, thicker AC/Eibach Anti-roll bar, staggered rims, good tires, all new tie-rod, ball joints, mountings - all the works.

Straight line high speed is ok but not as 'planted' as my E32, E34 or even the E90. I hv tried 220 kmh but really - need to focus on the road. Something is just not right with the setup and I just don't know what. I am running out of ideas.

So much so - after spending close to 40K - 'upgrading' it, i am in the midst of selling it off - with a big loss.

Perhaps - the E39 was not cut for me ..

Good tip - perhaps my driving style needs to change.
My tires only lasted me 9 months max ... uwaaaaa ..
I have tried on 17", 18' and 19" .. . same same aje

And i throttle into the corners - no lift-off.

I miss my E34 ///M ... :(

my rear tyres lasted only 18k km and the last set was 28k km....the difference was the 2nd sets no gymkhana involved...hhahaa

535i;607224 said:
Good tip - perhaps my driving style needs to change.
My tires only lasted me 9 months max ... uwaaaaa ..
I have tried on 17", 18' and 19" .. . same same aje

And i throttle into the corners - no lift-off.

I miss my E34 ///M ... :(

damn - we open 2nd hand tire shop aaa like this ..

my 9 mths about 15 km (3 kali servis @ 5km each) . maybe change to RFT pulak after this ..

expensive hobby laaaa ..

wah 15k km....u champion...

RFT lagi cepat habis la...

535i;607240 said:
damn - we open 2nd hand tire shop aaa like this ..

my 9 mths about 15 km (3 kali servis @ 5km each) . maybe change to RFT pulak after this ..

expensive hobby laaaa ..

open 2nd hand tire shop on a drift track, sure laku..tires sold to driift only..hehehe

last time go to gymkhana - big hole in the pocket .

Tie-rod, ball joint, control arm bush, mountings, tires, steering coupling - semua kena tukar.

car too heavy ..

My E90 hor .. 2 tahun pun tak habis lagi .. non RFT lagi ... (running on Yoko Advan Sport) car lighter maybe .

same la...mine too...all those things gone kaputs...

535i;607257 said:
last time go to gymkhana - big hole in the pocket .

Tie-rod, ball joint, control arm bush, mountings, tires, steering coupling - semua kena tukar.

car too heavy ..

My E90 hor .. 2 tahun pun tak habis lagi .. non RFT lagi ... (running on Yoko Advan Sport) car lighter maybe .

Top Bottom