my e39-engine,abs,asc and gb lights on..helpp

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
BMW520;813598 said:
Bro riezam,

where did you get your 5pcs ignition coil with only RM600. I change mine 1pc already around RM280. Is your engine M54? Not sure is the same ignition coil across all engine type.

Sorry im not familiar with M54 series or else..my one e39 double vanos year 1999..hehehe..ive change at mspeed USJ..where did u change ur coil?

BMW520;813598 said:
Bro riezam,

where did you get your 5pcs ignition coil with only RM600. I change mine 1pc already around RM280. Is your engine M54? Not sure is the same ignition coil across all engine type.

Bro... buy from Ban Huat Chan Butterworth and DIY. Less than RM95/piece.

riezam, i stay in TI too. pm me and we can go yamcha. (e39 user too) same as bro bmw7833

BMW520;813598 said:
Bro riezam,

bro rm280 per piece is too steep. u can get 3 coils if u buy yourself from BA/munich/etc.

riezam;813623 said:
last time ive change 1 coil already so left 5.CEL? DTC? may i know whats is the meaning..sorry im a newbie here....my car start shaking during idling...huskar since im a newbie with bmw i only follow what the mechanic says..huhu...maybe next time i'll to follow ur way n fix the cheapest first..thanxs bro for the info..
i see. no need to be sorry here, i am also a noob la bro. i just share from my little experience. for about 1 year plus owning an e39, only 3 times i visited workshop. just cannot tahan the price quoted by them when at same time u know the actual price u can get yourself at parts shop. CEL = check engine light, DTC = diagnostic trouble codes. if you are nearby in KL perhaps i can help scan.

bro riezam....if you ask me...you got slaughtered....

ah meng is not how he used to be....

now his style is....got problem....he change part....don't really care about the expenses...as the owner will be paying.

got fren with a brake light illuminating on the instrument cluster....he says instrument cluster faulty.change for rm3000...plus coding...from germany...put new one....light still there....turned out to be a faulty brake fluid level sensor....

I stopped going there years ago....and my fren also just recently stopped going there....

to me that place is for rich people who dont care how much anything costs...as long as the "faulty" part is replaced and car feels brand new....

moots;813691 said:
bro riezam....if you ask me...you got slaughtered....

ah meng is not how he used to be....

now his style is....got problem....he change part....don't really care about the expenses...as the owner will be paying.

got fren with a brake light illuminating on the instrument cluster....he says instrument cluster faulty.change for rm3000...plus coding...from germany...put new one....light still there....turned out to be a faulty brake fluid level sensor....

I stopped going there years ago....and my fren also just recently stopped going there....

to me that place is for rich people who dont care how much anything costs...as long as the "faulty" part is replaced and car feels brand new....

SLAUGHTERED? huhu..but what u said is quite true also..bcoz dis ah meng b4 he scan he already said this n that are faulty n need to change..huhu...so bro where do u suggest to go to for my next check up..

huskar3399;813690 said:
bro rm280 per piece is too steep. u can get 3 coils if u buy yourself from BA/munich/etc.

i see. no need to be sorry here, i am also a noob la bro. i just share from my little experience. for about 1 year plus owning an e39, only 3 times i visited workshop. just cannot tahan the price quoted by them when at same time u know the actual price u can get yourself at parts shop. CEL = check engine light, DTC = diagnostic trouble codes. if you are nearby in KL perhaps i can help scan.

thanxs bro..only 3 times? so now u did everything by urself? perghh power2...how much did u buy the scanner? issit a need for bmw owner?

riezam;813754 said:
SLAUGHTERED? huhu..but what u said is quite true also..bcoz dis ah meng b4 he scan he already said this n that are faulty n need to change..huhu...so bro where do u suggest to go to for my next check up..
no worry bro always learn from mistakes. it would be different if you know a bit about your car so you can counter/challenge him back. knowledge is power.

riezam;813755 said:
thanxs bro..only 3 times? so now u did everything by urself? perghh power2...how much did u buy the scanner? issit a need for bmw owner?
i am no pawe la. i just learn & do things. an appropriate scanner is a must have tool i would say to all bmw owner. if one time scan cost u rm50 at the workshops and u cant do much analysis based on that and u have to fully rely what the mechanics have to say just because u don't have your own scanner do u think that is worth it? on how much it is relatively very cheap.

I am no pawe la. i just learn & do things. an appropriate scanner is a must have tool i would say to all bmw owner. if one time scan cost u rm50 at the workshops and u cant do much analysis based on that and u have to fully rely what the mechanics have to say just because u don't have your own scanner do u think that is worth it? on how much it is relatively very cheap.

What u said is all true. Actualy im a diy type of guy oso but since im new n its BMW I become scared. Ive been dreaming on having a scanner oso, can u suggest me what model n type is appropriate for me n how much n where to buy. Thanxs bro u r such a helpful.

riezam;813803 said:
What u said is all true. Actualy im a diy type of guy oso but since im new n its BMW I become scared. Ive been dreaming on having a scanner oso, can u suggest me what model n type is appropriate for me n how much n where to buy. Thanxs bro u r such a helpful.
one thing i love about diy a bmw is because the community worldwide is so strong. it means there are plenty of diy guidelines out there for us to learn & follow. for me i have 3 scanners, 2 wired and 1 wireless. it's a waste actually but i just like to try things and see the difference so there's the explanation why the 3 scanners. hehe. price is not that expensive but i decided not to say any because it's sensitive. just look around in ebay u will find plenty.

huskar3399;814150 said:
one thing i love about diy a bmw is because the community worldwide is so strong. it means there are plenty of diy guidelines out there for us to learn & follow. for me i have 3 scanners, 2 wired and 1 wireless. it's a waste actually but i just like to try things and see the difference so there's the explanation why the 3 scanners. hehe. price is not that expensive but i decided not to say any because it's sensitive. just look around in ebay u will find plenty.

What bout model? Any suggestion for a newbie like me? Thanxs

Top Bottom