my e39-engine,abs,asc and gb lights on..helpp

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

riezam

Club Guest
hi frens n sifu..im riezam n ive juz bought an e39.im from teluk intan n im planning to repair all those at mspeed usj...issit safe to travel with all those lights on..one more thing sometime theres no display on gear indicator..no sign of P,N,D,R and so on..plus speed meter also dead during that time...during that time my engine very heavy n slow moving...do u guys have suggestion what im suppose to do juz to make it to mspeed...thanxs in advance for ur help..

seems like your ABS/ASC module is dead or one of your wheel sensors are not working especially the rear ones. I forgot the left or the right one that controls the speedometer. Once it fails you will have no speed indicator and all the lights in your meter will light up like Christmas trees. You might also be on a permanent Transmission Failsafe Program mode. Your gear will be limited to the 3rd or 4th gear and will be very slow. This is to protect the gearbox from further damage. Possible issues with your gearbox as well. Need a diagnostic scan to confirm.

Teluk Intan to USJ will be a long journey. I would suggest you check with folks in your area to get a diagnostic from a BMW scanner tool to find out more on what is happening inside your car. If he can reset that error, maybe you can drive further but very likely it will light again after a while.

thanxs psykit, yes correct psykit..ive went to one of mechanic here n they have reset the error n like u said the light came up again..huhu..i dun really trust mechanic here, eventho they have all the tools but they seems to know nothing bout bmw..like last time when i visited the mechanic even the abs light also he dunno to figure out n he hav to call his fren and ask bout the light..huhu..is there any manually reset that i can diy or anything..

I am also from TI bro..hehehh..

None of the workshop is familiar with BMW in TI. The nearest place is Ipoh or Sitiawan.

Hi mate ..
A fren of mine used to send his car to MPower@Ipoh .. pretty reliable and experienced. Perhaps you can try there? instead of risking urself to drive to kL?

Regards,
JS

riezam;812850 said:
TI kt mana bro? ipoh n sitiawan tu ok x bro?

jsng;812859 said:
Hi mate ..
A fren of mine used to send his car to MPower@Ipoh .. pretty reliable and experienced. Perhaps you can try there? instead of risking urself to drive to kL?

Regards,
JS

Yes, M Power Ah Kuan is good, friendly also.

riezam;812850 said:
TI kt mana bro? ipoh n sitiawan tu ok x bro?

Bro if you can make it to Ipoh, go there... there are a few places folks here go to... I personally do all my car repairs/service in Ipoh. I'm from Penang. :rock:

most likely yr lh rear wheel speed sensor wire harness koyak ady.that one inputs yr speedometer.

another wheel sensor on another wheel controls yr gearbox as well.kenot remember.google and you will find...

moots;812897 said:
most likely yr lh rear wheel speed sensor wire harness koyak ady.that one inputs yr speedometer.

another wheel sensor on another wheel controls yr gearbox as well.kenot remember.google and you will find...

icic..thanxs moots..issit can be fix diy or still need to be send to workshop to fix the error?

riezam;812924 said:
icic..thanxs moots..issit can be fix diy or still need to be send to workshop to fix the error?
for the wheel speed sensors, they can easily be diy. only plug n play.

Riezam,
IMO, get a flatbed tow truck, tow the car to Ipoh for the repairs.
Peace of mind that you'll get there without any hassle or trouble.

riezam;812924 said:

i diy on 3 of my wheel speed sensors.all of them had the wire harness insulator cracking up and exposing the conductors.rust sets in and breaks it.only my rh rear sensor is still ori.....but not for long tho as the insulator has started cracking up the last i saw it.....

if you're not handy and feel that removing a wheel is a chore and too much to do...then best to leave it to the shop...

thanxs to all response n really appreciate it.

ive made my way to mspeed usj with speed of 90km/h..huhu...so this is what ive repaired.

1) ABS control module (labour,encoding & troubleshooting) RM1800.00
2) Front ABS sensor & labour 2pc RM560.00
3) Rear ABS sensor & labour 2pc RM600
4) Ignition coil 5pcs & labour RM 600.00
5) Spark plug & labour RM 150.00
6) Accelerator Cable & labour RM 100.00

Total damage RM 3810.00 Less 60.00 = RM3750.00

But my engine light still on n my engine shacking sometimes n transmission not that smooth...ah meng said thats bcoz of the air leak n sum others faulty...but that one i said next time repair...coz dun have anymore money to spend...huhuhu..

riezam;813559 said:

ive made my way to mspeed usj with speed of 90km/h..huhu...so this is what ive repaired.

But my engine light still on n my engine shacking sometimes n transmission not that smooth...ah meng said thats bcoz of the air leak n sum others faulty...but that one i said next time repair...coz dun have anymore money to spend...huhuhu..
bro, why did u change only 5 coils and not 6? alang2 only 1 left better change all 6.
as for the CEL, have u scanned the car and see what the DTCs are? when usually the shaking start? idling or driving?
last but not least, how did u know the ABS module is faulty because at same time u changed all 4 the wheel speed sensors? i've learned the hard way, always start fix with the cheapest one if you don't really know what's the real culprit. hehe.

Bro riezam,

where did you get your 5pcs ignition coil with only RM600. I change mine 1pc already around RM280. Is your engine M54? Not sure is the same ignition coil across all engine type.

riezam;813559 said:

huskar3399;813572 said:
bro, why did u change only 5 coils and not 6? alang2 only 1 left better change all 6.
as for the CEL, have u scanned the car and see what the DTCs are? when usually the shaking start? idling or driving?
last but not least, how did u know the ABS module is faulty because at same time u changed all 4 the wheel speed sensors? i've learned the hard way, always start fix with the cheapest one if you don't really know what's the real culprit. hehe.

last time ive change 1 coil already so left 5.CEL? DTC? may i know whats is the meaning..sorry im a newbie here....my car start shaking during idling...huskar since im a newbie with bmw i only follow what the mechanic says..huhu...maybe next time i'll to follow ur way n fix the cheapest first..thanxs bro for the info..

Top Bottom