My E39 530i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Eggie86;634664 said:
Here's my contribution for today's racun:
Alpina-B10_V8_S_(E39)_mp233_pic_63127.jpg
I like these wheels :love:

tweiboon;634663 said:
I also dont know and this is first time i saw this kind of gear console. And at the same time i only know e60 using the M54 engine for older version.

I have seen one of this kind in BP..driven by m52 engine single vanos..looks strange without tiptronic

JFT63;634791 said:
I have seen one of this kind in BP..driven by m52 engine single vanos..looks strange without tiptronic

But this e39 is double vanos and without tiptronic, really strange.

e39 sifus,
tweiboon;634881 said:
But this e39 is double vanos and without tiptronic, really strange.
according to the advertisement,
-2.5 Double Vanos engine
-5 speed tiptronic gearbox

How to tell whether it is tiptronic or not?

EL118;634297 said:
Actualy i insisted the dealer to bring me to any workshop nearby with the scanner for diagnose. i didnt know the workshop also but i trust the tools which cant bluff, i personnally went thru the check, item by item.

el118, when i go to look for an e39, an i take you along? I will buy u TT...:)

tailgate;634943 said:
e39 sifus,

-2.5 Double Vanos engine

I dont see the m +/- at the gear lever..can already confirm there's no tiptronic..double vanos? :stupid:hmmm, check out the engine bay n u can easily spot the difference if its d.vanozzz

tailgate;634944 said:
el118, when i go to look for an e39, an i take you along? I will buy u TT...:)

Hi Tailgate. i am no expert lah. but can advice the following checklist

i) check chasis no - last 7 digit, go to website www.realoem.com to check year make, engine type (do not believe 100% what the salesman told you, verify for yourself, especially Japan spec car)

ii) look at interior steel structure around perimeter to check for accident trace (uneven surface) if any, especially engine part and rear boot where the electronic part are placed. (best ask a mechanic or workshop people who are expert to spot any accident trace)

iii) check thru the registration card, avoid suspicious registration card with "sambungan" on top which means the car changed hand many times or not genuine.

iv) ask for service record whenever possible to check whether maintenance properly done else the subsequent touched up may be substantial

v) Test drive!! very important to spot problem. (again best with a experience mechanic who can tell better)

vi) insist they bring you to workshop with the diagnostic scanner, and they can show you item by item on engine, transmission etc whether got any fault.

vii) physical condition on rubber parts, cushion etc try to avoid those car left under hot sun over extended period which would cause rubber parts and door trim polymer to brittle.

Hope the above helps. other sifus pls add comment.

tailgate;634943 said:
e39 sifus,

-2.5 Double Vanos engine

The gear console dont have +/- so is not steptronic loh................is normal auto gear.

Tweiboon ..wah expert already on e39 !!
How's ur car so far? Any modification done yet..?

To EL118 - congrat in ur new purchase..is it ur first bimmer? straight to 3 liter ?? respect bro ! you wont regret..

naharnms;635105 said:

To EL118 - congrat in ur new purchase..is it ur first bimmer? straight to 3 liter ?? respect bro ! you wont regret..

Dont have midification yet. I just clone my car key myself to start the engine. Then change the headlight adjusters myself. And i just order a tool and prepare to remap ECU myself. For this remap i dont know will success or not but will have a try.

naharnms;635105 said:

He has another 7 series E66.

Just Got the car today from the dealer. (no time to pick up), will start the minor make-over soon. will change to M-sport bumper and Alpine White!

I did.
Now i could understand better why so many forumer highly recommend E39 530i. at first i felt the steering too rigid (compared to my E66). after one round on highway today, the pleasure of manouvering the beast is fantastic!

I am glad i made the right choice ( was considering Mercedes W211 before buying E39) When i want absolute comfort - E66, when i want driving pleasure - E39!

haywire;637981 said:
Another pleased owner of the e39 530i

While he is still pleased, quickly make him buy us teh Tarik otherwise later he will spend all his money, upgrade this, upgrade that, especially racun by you....hehehe

ay39;638040 said:
While he is still pleased, quickly make him buy us teh Tarik otherwise later he will spend all his money, upgrade this, upgrade that, especially racun by you....hehehe

Ha ha. no prob. i have had enough racun so far. i posted my finding on the "E39 maintenance thread" and i shall reproduce here to get some good advice

I checked thru all previous service records over the past 5 years of my E39 530i. The car was very well taken care of, with on time service, fully synthetic oil change every 8 -10k, nevertheless, i noticed twice the car broke down and was towed back due to i) Fuel pump+fuel float+fuel device ii) Radiator + coolant tank.

Car broke down is something i am very much dislike, as this car will be driven by my wife too. just wondering how to avoid such thing in the future??? what other preventive maintenance need to be done (breakdown-prone parts?)

Good thing is these expensive parts already replaced.

haywire;637981 said:
Another pleased owner of the e39 530i

Bro, I have yet to meet an E39 530i owner who is not pleased. Even after 2 years, the previous owner of my UDM still calls me to find out how she is doing.

Top Bottom