My E39 530i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
EL118;677206 said:
My E39 aircon control unit kong, all button cannot function and keep blowing out hot air even if key already removed. send to 2 places still cannot find the replacement part.(one shop quoted me RM2000+ for a 2nd hand unit, crazy...) will try Naidu tomorrow...

This is not normally the control unit bro, its usually the hedgehog (final stage resistor).

This thing:

http://www.nm-motorsport.com/acatalog/BMW-E39-Final-Stage-Resistor-Hedgehog.html

BMW-Final-Stage-Resistor-Hedgehog.jpg

haywire;677319 said:
This is not normally the control unit bro, its usually the hedgehog (final stage resistor).

This thing:

http://www.nm-motorsport.com/acatalog/BMW-E39-Final-Stage-Resistor-Hedgehog.html

BMW-Final-Stage-Resistor-Hedgehog.jpg

Thanks bro for this info. i have visited Naidu today and he temporarily replace the whole control unit with pre-facelift model (with rest button - cost RM600) he said will order the post facelift model (with max button - cost RM1,300)

if due to this, cost very much cheaper. can get it at Bavarian auto?

Did Naidu not recommend the hedgehog replacement? He should know more about it

No leh. maybe i shall ask him tomorrow. can get this resistor local?

Bro Zidee had similar symptom with his 525i not too long ago (air cond still on although ignition off) and solved it by changing the final stage resistor. Bought for about RM170 from Bavarian Auto.

In fact he went to Naidu and Naidu suggested the hedgehog. He also went to Naidu today.

went to Naidu today and he confirmed my control unit malfunction and not the final stage resistor. cannot get the post facelift used part yet. possibly need to buy new which is whopping RM3k. and need about 3 weeks.

EL118;678290 said:
went to Naidu today and he confirmed my control unit malfunction and not the final stage resistor. cannot get the post facelift used part yet. possibly need to buy new which is whopping RM3k. and need about 3 weeks.

Did you try go to any of the chop shops around KL yet? I'm pretty sure there's one in MK Autoparts Kepong, and a few more in Hakitrade Kampung Subang and also Hakitrade Sungai Buloh.

No need to buy new ler....go buy yourself and dont just rely for Naidu to look for you.

haywire;678297 said:
Did you try go to any of the chop shops around KL yet? I'm pretty sure there's one in MK Autoparts Kepong, and a few more in Hakitrade Kampung Subang and also Hakitrade Sungai Buloh.

No need to buy new ler....go buy yourself and dont just rely for Naidu to look for you.

I changed mine last year, brand new 3k. According to the mechanic, items sourced from chop shop doesnt suit cause ours is 530, don't know whether he bullshit or not, furthermore he says 1.5k for used, might as well I buy new...the one in eBay if it's fits is worth the buy..

Buy with the correct part number then should be alright..I think only 2 different type for the panel.

Hi Moderator, please kindly change the headline of my thread to

"My E39 530i"

Thank you!

I thought the E39 has different bore size...
Funny is using the E60 wheels.
* pls note the cushio cover--- last I seen those were in my Uncle's Datsun 120y when I was a kid*

location eh? it should sell cheaper la...

ck318ci;685522 said:
I thought the E39 has different bore size...
Funny is using the E60 wheels.
* pls note the cushio cover--- last I seen those were in my Uncle's Datsun 120y when I was a kid*

location eh? it should sell cheaper la...

Hi bro, i thought u already decided to ignore your itch and channel your energy to property. now still checking mudah and examining wheels??? cant stand the itch again?

EL118;685612 said:
Hi bro, i thought u already decided to ignore your itch and channel your energy to property. now still checking mudah and examining wheels??? cant stand the itch again?

Aiyah... Cannot afford one doesnt mean I cannot look and drool man.....

Preparing myself for one when I am financially much more stable.

hahaha

zib;685641 said:
I like the alloys though..I believe this design is taken from the E60.

Anybody selling this type of alloy?Please PM me.

Cheers

The wheel came from e60, u have to rebore the bore wheel to fit in e39.

Bro Zib, You managed to get your car?

Last time saw your post, looking for a E39 to E60.

So which one have you got now?

Top Bottom