My E39 528i Cruiser

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Bro... just PM ramsing. Got it from him. He'll talk you through the different options available and throw in some racun at the same time.

;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Nothing much to update... been pretty busy and stressed with work so decided to go for an early morning drive to no where to clear the mind.
:smokin:

So fast it been almost 3 years since i last updated this thread. In that time not much has changed, still driving my e39 and recently sent it in to the workshop to do the following repairs and restoration.

a. Change Oil Pump - ended up getting an engine kosong as no one has the part in stock.
b. Total respray - maintaining the same colour, lots of small dents and scratches and got hit on the side by an Innova.

Next in line....

a. Getting coilovers checked and serviced, cars been squeaking like hell for some time now.
b. Continue collecting the parts needed for planned build... long long way to go with quite a sizable list to go

Planning complete engine and gearbox rebuild with new internals and some other goodies like traction control upgrade and lsd. Pretty much replace almost everything including plastic clips.

Acquiring the parts bit by bit, have been doing so the past 3 years. Build won't kick off that fast either coz need to get replacement family car if the 39 is going to become my toy.

insomniac said:
Planning complete engine and gearbox rebuild with new internals and some other goodies like traction control upgrade and lsd. Pretty much replace almost everything including plastic clips.

Acquiring the parts bit by bit, have been doing so the past 3 years. Build won't kick off that fast either coz need to get replacement family car if the 39 is going to become my toy.
OS Gikken LSD , quaife?

sounds like a awesome project btw ! wouldn't mind seeing the parts you have acquired already :D

I'll take some pics of the parts stored at home. Others are at the store and I don't go there unless I need to drop some items off.

insomniac said:
I'll take some pics of the parts stored at home. Others are at the store and I don't go there unless I need to drop some items off.
someone has a treasure cave..........

Ok... here are some of the items gathering dust at home. Been looking at them every now and then, still daydreaming since its still a long way to go.

Short shifter already installed but don't have any pics of it unfortunately

Still holding off installing these all black msport replica pedals from schmiedmann.

Already have these Beastpower rear antiroll bar holders installed, these are an extra set. Used to have problems with the original holders popping out of place but these solved them and have not had any issues since.

Refurbished and machined throttle body (75mm)

Valve springs and valve seats

Transmission mounts from rouge engineering

New valves for both inlet and exhaust

Upgraded cams for inlet and exhaust

M5 meter still gathering dust as well.

Well thats all i've got stuffed under my table at home. Still a long wish list to go through, but its the journey that will ultimately make it feel all worthwhile once goal achieved. Hope you guys enjoy the update.

Top Bottom