My E30 was stolen at Puchong. Help Needed

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
bro,

if yours is third party cover only then too bad you cannot make a claim against your own motor policy. Maybe all other 'older car' owners can learn from this episode and buy third party, fire and theft cover in stead of buying third pary cover only. But if you want to buy comprehensive cover then by all means please do so.

Claiming from the workshop - well, if at all the workshop has bought insurance there should be two basic covers that he/she should have bought.

1) Fire including loss to goods held in trust
2) Public Liability

The problem is most workshops are usually never insured and if they are they are never adequately Insured.

In the event that the workshop had effected the above said minimum covers, both policies will not respond to pay for loss of customer's vehicles.

Only if properly advised or negotiated, Insurance companies would be willing to underwrite this exposure.

And finally, the best thing that you can do right now is pray very hard that the car was stolen by some joy riders otherwise trust me it is least likely that your car would be found/recovered by the police. How do I know? Well I was an adjuster before and handled close to 100 vehicle thefts. Very rarely I have come across 'old' cars being stolen and invariably most of them would be recovered a few months(anywhere between 6-9 months) later. Most but not all. Sometimes the theft could have been a pre-'order' by a chop shop (usually happens to the older DV57 Daihatsu Lorries). In such cases - consider your car gone.

sorry for your loss but will keep a watch out for your mobile.

hope u find it bro and yes, I do tend to think that your mechanic must be responsible for the loss. Have a talk and see what kind of compensation you both can agree upon cos afterall that's an attempt to solving the issue rather than hoping that you car will be found......

keep us posted.....

Sorry to hear this.But am curious why an older model like the e30( no offence intended) is wanted by the thieves....for spare parts?

3rd party, fire and theft cover

Understand that not all insurance companies provide the 3rd party, fire and theft cover... Does any of you know which ones do? The premium for 3rd party, fire and theft cover is 75% of comprehensive cover.

will be on the look-out while on the road.

may these buggers who stole your car rot in hell !!!

:mad::mad::mad:

not that its going to help the poor fella who lost his car.... but you can insure your car comprehensive. i love my roadster, so its insured comprehensive.

anyway, good luck with claiming for your car from the negligent workshop.

Sorry for your lost..

If the idiot is taking your car for a joy ride.. then place an advert on newspaper wz pic might help (Have the workshop pay for it). Idea is once it is out on paper many will know your car and the parent or friend of the "bugger" will make the "bugger" return the car as none will dare to ride on a stolen car.

As for chop shop.. all E30 owners.. do advice our friend if your "long waiting 2 door E30" parts are finally available.. we do know where to souce for your ride then.

Pitty you. Sorry for your lost. The owner of the workshop should buy u another e30 or no matter what, he should pay u.
By the way it is very rare we can see e30 on the road. I even can see an e30 from kilometers away. And this make it easy to be sport if its on the road. Will open my eyes..

Hope your officemate's workshop is a licensed & legal workshop. Or else, how to claim against the workshop?
Your Police report will make the Police to investigate. Not to enable u to claim from the insurance. Let them investigate. Of course, they will start with the workshop.
There's few good advice from the forummers here. Think about it and good luck.

p/s I insured my 16 year old E30 with comprehensive + flood & windscreen too. You won't know ur luck rite?

aaron;214205 said:
Sorry to hear this.But am curious why an older model like the e30( no offence intended) is wanted by the thieves....for spare parts?

Thats make me wonder.. How come my old school car get stolen? May be my car now is
1) Already disassemble for parts selling
2) At chop-shop showroom
3) Drift at estet...:D

but i do believe my car is still around Lembah Klang. Need help from forumer if any w/syop selling suspious used parts, do contact me and i'll do the rest..

aRRrgghh;214315 said:
p/s I insured my 16 year old E30 with comprehensive + flood & windscreen too. You won't know ur luck rite?

TQ all,

Many advices from this forum.
Learn very precious lesson now. Insurance is a key word.

I've been told that w/syop have no any insurance policies yet. Meaning any claim or compensation are against the w/syop owner rite?
I don't think they will buy me another E30 :cool: or refund in term of money. So, any idea what kind of compensation should i arise? Friend of mine giving me an idea ask a token from that w/syop such as repairing my other cars for free... is that a good idea?

sorry for ur ride

kelana;214352 said:
TQ all,

Many advices from this forum.
Learn very precious lesson now. Insurance is a key word.

I've been told that w/syop have no any insurance policies yet. Meaning any claim or compensation are against the w/syop owner rite?
I don't think they will buy me another E30 :cool: or refund in term of money. So, any idea what kind of compensation should i arise? Friend of mine giving me an idea ask a token from that w/syop such as repairing my other cars for free... is that a good idea?
then loss another car... dont ever deal w them ever..wut are u write in ur report? if in ur report says ur car loss while waiting for repairing mayb be the police ask who is the mechanic then u must insist them to call the mechanic 4 investigation or u write a letter cc to BPR & Bkt Aman sya that ur case was not given attetntion by the policeman at ur place (if u got contact w other police (SB)

How can the mechanic get away with such things? If this case slides then we can see a new trend coming up soon. Start fixing your cars at home!

get a lawyer.... no such thing called kennot pay. else, they better sell their workshop to pay you back.

if not, just report to police that they stole your car. insider job. simple.

did you leave your key with the workshop? If the key is handled over, then the owner is liable and responsible for your car safety.

If the key is not handed over, it just like you park the car at the road side and it got stolen.

It will be better to get some document that he is responsible for the loss of your car.

BTW, how to drive the car if the cluth pump is out of order. Somebody towed your car away.

Top Bottom