My 22 year-old plaything

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
the cracked rear rims..

i'm going to miss the AC's.. the masculine design, accentuated by those allen keys.

DSC_0031.jpg

thanks guys.. yeah, i find 'em handsome indeed! had i known, wud have had them since day one ownership of the E34 :)

the rojak look..

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0042-2.jpg

as the new wheels are now in conflict with the overall cosmetics, the complete AC Schnitzer bodykit on the car is for sale. they're originals. if interested, kindly contact Miepower, he's the exclusive agent in this matter :)

will eventually be getting rid of the gearknob, doorlock pins, boot & grille badges too.. price is one teh ais each. RM100 will get you those replica tailpipes.. once i remove it lah.

Ooo nice M-System II wheels. They must be much lighter than the ACS too I presume.
You can run them naked for fun sometimes too. :D

Sharkfest065.JPG

Btw how did the ACS get cracked?

Eh I just noticed you stay really close to me. I'm on Jln Datuk Sulaiman 4 lol. :D

thanks nick.. i was running them naked for several days whilst the covers were repainted, but that look was too naughty for my liking.. me old man la ;) and yes, they're lighter than the ACs, albeit marginally.

both the rear ACs cracked on the inside lip. i can only speculate they're caused by me running over too many potholes :D

we're practically neighbours then.. let's have teh tarik real soon :)

nice rims bro, but why are the rims on the left side of the car running backwards?

Very nice rims bro. M5 throwing stars. Awesome! :top:

Btw, I noticed they're not the usual rims; they look more chromish/shiny?

Haha, letting for of the Schnitzer parts? So next up, planning to do it up M style? :D

Iylia H;550890 said:
nice rims bro, but why are the rims on the left side of the car running backwards?

not certain whether left and right are supposed to be different. bro lamsing knows the answer for sure..

Eggie86;550896 said:
Very nice rims bro. M5 throwing stars. Awesome! :top:

Btw, I noticed they're not the usual rims; they look more chromish/shiny?

Haha, letting for of the Schnitzer parts? So next up, planning to do it up M style? :D

thanks bro.. the lips of the rims were previously skimmed, so there's nothing much i can do about them. the caps however were sprayed hyper silver.

yea lor.. now must look for M barang to match the throwing stars oredi :wink:

I think the M-Systems II does have specific left and right side for the wheels, not sure which way it is supposed to be tho, need to find a photo reference for that haha. It's design is meant to direct air onto the brakes.
See info here:

http://motoringconbrio.com/2009/12/08/function-over-form-bmw-m-system-turbine-wheels/

4129348740_ee2fcf9582.jpg

(This pic is the older M-System)

Btw, teh tarik sounds good, but have to raincheck, working outside country now. :D

mizhan;550900 said:
thanks bro.. the lips of the rims were previously skimmed, so there's nothing much i can do about them. the caps however were sprayed hyper silver.

yea lor.. now must look for M barang to match the throwing stars oredi :wink:

I see. Hyper silver. Very nice and kilat look to it. They're two piece rims right? I remember seeing pics of restored rims, with the cap [star] being removable and refurbished separately from the lips.

Wow, from AC to ///M. What's next bro? Alpina, Hartge, Dinan? :D

bro mizhan, the one mounted on your right side is the correct direction for the throwing star...

Iylia H;550995 said:
bro mizhan, the one mounted on your right side is the correct direction for the throwing star...

thanks.. now that would mean i have four 'righthand-side' caps then. hmmm...

initialM;550955 said:
Aisay I like those AC's more. Cannot refurbish arr?

the cracks appeared on previously welded spots.. aku rasa cukup la dua kali crack, boleh pencen dah.

Top Bottom