MP3 Integration for E39 528i 1996

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

imafiacar528

Club Guest
My current project.....It is a headache to use my boot 6-CD changer. Been thinking about upgrading but do not want to spend RM2k for a touch screen DVD.MP3 player .Done some research, there are 2 solution..1)MP3 Integration with a 3.5 mm AUX cable to feed in our I Pod/MP3 Player signal. ...About USD602)MP3 Integration with MP3/SD Card/AUX .Can just leave a SD card and plan 1000 songs... : ) About USD 100 http://www.ycarlink.com/2240_BMW-Mini-cooper-Rover.htmMy only headache now is that I need to remove my current player and comfime what type of connector before I order.Have anyone done this before and willing to share some infor?

If u mentioned about the main connector, yours 1996 is the 17 round pins connector.

Btwn, i have one used dvd/gps headunit for e39, interested? Going cheap.

Sorry to hijack the thread. Has anyone installed the option 2 in their e46? Wanna do it if possible.

e46_UDM;807484 said:
Sorry to hijack the thread. Has anyone installed the option 2 in their e46? Wanna do it if possible.

I have installed this in my E39.

The ipod works fine but you can't see the song name but displays something like this CD3-36 meaning folder 3 song #36 .

Sometimes it displays hybrid if you have your aux cable connected e.g.earphone from Android or iPhone.

Like someone mentioned just check the pins as mine came with flat pins for local AB 2002 cars. Luckily I contacted the HK based seller and she sent me the correct adapter pins within a week.

Cheers.

NB:Now my radio won't shut off properly after ignition off. Draining my battery big time if I dont use the car for 2 days sometimes even after 1 day. Maybe related maybe not ? i dont know..

I can hear the radio/ipod playing inside the car when i return to the car..sometimes it behaves normally...like someone forgets to turn off the radio..

bmw7833;807474 said:
If u mentioned about the main connector, yours 1996 is the 17 round pins connector.

Btwn, i have one used dvd/gps headunit for e39, interested? Going cheap.

Hello Bmw7833
How much u want to let go....sale cheap cheap may be i want leh...

mr Lew
Puchong
012-3892269
u got contact no?

Zib,

Which one is yours?
If 2) then maybe its a design fault that it will continue play whenever it detect a CD/pen drive in it? Maybe?

1)MP3 Integration with a 3.5 mm AUX cable to feed in our I Pod/MP3 Player signal. ...About USD60
2)MP3 Integration with MP3/SD Card/AUX .Can just leave a SD card and plan 1000 songs... : ) About USD 100

imafiacar528;807648 said:
Zib,

Which one is yours?
If 2) then maybe its a design fault that it will continue play whenever it detect a CD/pen drive in it? Maybe?

1)MP3 Integration with a 3.5 mm AUX cable to feed in our I Pod/MP3 Player signal. ...About USD60
2)MP3 Integration with MP3/SD Card/AUX .Can just leave a SD card and plan 1000 songs... : ) About USD 100

Mine is no 2 but mine didn't come with the SD card.SD card slot is optional as I saw the user manual showing the SD card slot model with a different part no.

I tried taking the Ipod out but the fault lies with the MID itself which the radio keeps turning off or on at will.

sorry to hijack this thread, anyone can tell me what kind of connector my car using? and what are my options?
my car is 11/2000 local AB CKD e39 525i

Zib,

Thanks...looks like I will but Option 1 ...should be simpler..

Will feedback to all after I installed it..

Regards

mika;807724 said:
sorry to hijack this thread, anyone can tell me what kind of connector my car using? and what are my options?
my car is 11/2000 local AB CKD e39 525i

Cannot be sure one, you need to open it up to see.

You'll need a size 10 Torx screwdriver and a small allen key (not sure what size)

haywire;807771 said:
Cannot be sure one, you need to open it up to see.

You'll need a size 10 Torx screwdriver and a small allen key (not sure what size)

after some googling around, it seems that the aux in option is only applicable for vehicle made after 9/2002. any idea for vehicle made before that date?

I just opened yazmeen's 2003 520i local and even that one the plug for the retrofit is not there...maybe the local built one dont have this.

haywire;807781 said:
I just opened yazmeen's 2003 520i local and even that one the plug for the retrofit is not there...maybe the local built one dont have this.

aiseh...seems like my only hope is DICE...sob sob

e46_UDM;807484 said:

bump for this question. same question here

go for the dice if you can, the song name will display on the cd display, can use steering wheel controls, connect to iphone, can also use bluetooth to stream to your car stereo.

Top Bottom