Monthly Weekend Drive 19-20 June 2010: Penang

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

nazrie

Club Guest
Stanley, i am sure u 'll be the 1st one to sign up :D Announcing the JUNE 2010 Monthly Weekend Drive to PENANG !Date: 19-20 May 2010 (Sat-Sun)Tentative Itinerary:Day 1: KL- Penang- Penang TTDay 2: Father's Day Treasure Hunt and those who can't enter Treasure Hunt- GO makan durian or FREE n EASY 5pm : Penang-KLAccommodation :
GurneyDrives4Fun.jpg
The Treasure Hunt is organised by the hotel.With the help of Mr Stanley and his lovely wife, I have managed to get good rates for our stay there and not only that ...I have worked out so that the rates are applicable to ANY OMs wishing to stay there anytime. Just produce your Membership Card.http://www.gurney-hotel.com.my/roomrates.htmlFor Official Members the special room rates are :Studio Suite - RM180.00 nett per night with breakfast for 2 persons. In addition to the special room rate, they are pleased to extend a late check-out till 4pm on Sunday, 20 June 2010 in conjunction with the treasure hunt. Studio Suite is able to accommodate up to a maximum of 3 adults or 2 adults + 2 children. Extra beds can be arranged upon request at RM60 per bed with breakfast for one person. Only one extra bed can be put in each Studio Suite. Two-bedroom Suite with breakfast for 4 persons, a special rate of RM340.00 nett .The Treasure Hunt's entrance fee is RM250 which is inclusive of International Hawkers' Lunch in the Grand Ballroom, for 4 persons. So, maybe 4 persons can just jump into one car for the hunt.. That way u have RM250 divided 4 ways..P/S: we need to conclude by 10 JUNE if possible as this is a school holidays time..Edited by Treasurer, on behalf of organizing committee:pLEASE BANK IN RM100 INTO THE CLUB'S MAYBANK A/C: 5123 5230 7612 TO CONFIRM YOUR ROOM BOOKING, PM ME YOUR PAYMENT DETAILS. THIS RM100 WILL BE RETURNED TO YOU BY THE CLUB BEFORE CHECK OUT. YOU STILL NEED TO SETTLE YOUR BILL AT THE COUNTER UPON CHECKING OUT. THANK YOU!

Lists Your Name Here...

For those who is going...
1. Nazrie
2. t2ribena
3. Stanleycck - 2A +1 C
4. deep3102 - 2A
5. DigitalPunk
6. gracetcp (1 room for 1N pls)
7. etquah ( tentative ) . Will reconfirm by June 11. Room not required
8. Herbert - 2A CHECK IN 19 OUT 21- 2 nights
9. haKKaMeE - 2A
10. sunnypuan -2A+1C
11. climenta - 2A for 1N

For those who is joining the Treasure Hunt...

1. NazriE - 3pax, so I can accept 1 more to join me...just jump in :)

Please provide info if you guys is joining the Treasure Hunt and how many participant.

We will be having the drive from KL to Penang for this event. Our Penang chapters members will be meeting us there in Penang. More info will be provided once all arrangement is made.

Thank you...

Most Definately......

3. Stanleycck - 2A +1 C

Note : Northern Durians are in season........Balik Pulau ride......I will try to get some ctc........

Not forgetting the Famous Hawker fare of Penang.............CKT, White Curry Mee, Koay Kak, Laksa, The Real McCoy Mee Goreng Mamak, Lam Mee......etc........oh my god, guess that it's lunch time......

t2ribena;528840 said:
Lists Your Name Here...

1. Nazrie
2. t2ribena
3. Stanleycck - 2A +1 C
4. deep3102 - 2A

Please provide info if you guys is joining the Treasure Hunt and how many participant.

We will be having the drive from KL to Penang for this event. Our Penang chapters members will be meeting us there in Penang. More info will be provided once all arrangement is made.

Thank you...

deep3102;528888 said:
those going but not joining the tresure hunt also entitled to those rates?

yes...we get the same club rate by showing them our membership card...

t2ribena;528840 said:
Lists Your Name Here...

1. Nazrie
2. t2ribena
3. Stanleycck - 2A +1 C
4. deep3102 - 2A
5. Herbert - 2A CHECK IN 19 OUT 21 (2 nights)

Thank you...

I am faxing my Membership application form & payment details to Astroboy tomorrow morning. Hopefully I can get my membership card before the trip.

Food for Thought

Something to spice up this coming trip which is ....................FOOD!!

Spicy Prawn Noodles
Located at MacAlister Road, near to the junction of the Old Proton Showroom
Culinary Notes : This place serves The Best Hokkien Prawn Noodles that I have ever tasted. Reason is because they use 'Manthis Prawn' do cooked the spicy broth which gives a very Bold Flavor to the Stock
Note : They operate from Breakfast to maybe 1:00pm. If we reach early, I can assist in reservations as I do have their contact. They also do outside catering for their noodle dish........:rock:

Nasi Melayu
Located at the back area of Penang Plaza, Very near to Spicy Prawn Noodle Kopi Tiam
Classic Northern Kampung Melayu Cooking.......very well known for their Sambals and Ayam Masak Merah
Open for Lunch hours and usually very packed!!

White Curry Mee
Located at Abu Siti Lane, near to both mentioned above
The Curry Noodles up north is of a Coconut Broth Base and you will need to ad the 'Special Chili' for the finesse. A Must Try.

The Original Mamak Mee Goreng Penang
Located at alost the end of Burmah Road, 1 block from the Pulau Tikus Police Station
This Indian-Muslim is a classic.......almost 40 years selling this at the same area. Inheritance from his late father. Very packed during the days and weekends. I believe that he has won awards for Hawker fare in Malaysia.

Sin Sae Kai ( New World Park, Hawker Center )
Located at Burmah Road, Walking distance from AB, Penang. Wide Varieties of Hawker Food. The Best Ice Kacang in Town, just my 2 cents. There is one Mamak Stall that serves a wicked Classic Pasembur Pulau Pinang.......A MUST!!!!!

Chendol Stall
Location : Penang Road.......guess that everyone should know this place
Halal or Non Halal......Not too Sure.

Ah Leng Char Koay Teow
Located at Dato Keramat Road, opposite an Old Theatre, near to Padang Brown
Fab.......thats all I can say........he beats the lady at Lorong Selamat Hands down........He is like a M3........:vroam:

Poh Piah
Located at Padang Brown........most will know this place. The Laksa here is also very good...

Want more.............JOIN THE DRIVE...............:smokin::smokin:

enkil;529080 said:
Wahhh.... Stanley youre gonna make me fat bro!

We rempit kuat kuat because hungry and reach early....................we will start to feast upon reaching Penang.........all the way to supper........For the Muslim Brothers........The Nasi Kandar Kassim Mustafa and Nasi Kandar ( Near to the Pakistan Mosque ) is NOT to be Missed!!!!!!

Tau Sah Piah

For those going for this Official Trip and wants some Tau Sah Piah........please do let me know. I can pre-book them as it is always sold out.

1. Herbert ( OM ) - 5 Boxes

I will only assist OMs which are going for the drive. dateline is on the 13th.

Lists Your Name Here...

1. Nazrie
2. t2ribena
3. Stanleycck - 2A +1 C
4. deep3102 - 2A
5. DigitalPunk

1. NazriE - 3pax, so I can accept 1 more to join me...just jump in

Thank you..

Lists Your Name Here...

1. Nazrie
2. t2ribena
3. Stanleycck - 2A +1 C
4. deep3102 - 2A
5. DigitalPunk
6. Herbert - 2A CHECK IN 19 OUT 21 (2 nights)

1. NazriE - 3pax, so I can accept 1 more to join me...just jump in

Thank you..

XXX;529114 said:
Why u think I crying....

cause you too happy....got wet your panties or not? brake pads replaced or not, I hear you going up there again.

stanleycck;529086 said:
For those going for this Official Trip and wants some Tau Sah Piah........please do let me know. I can pre-book them as it is always sold out.

1. Herbert ( OM ) - 5 Boxes

I will only assist OMs which are going for the drive. dateline is on the 13th.

Bro, what is Tau Sah Piah?? Me duno le..:slug: